Status: cancelled.

I've Never Told A Lie

the moment of truth

(Alex’s POV)
“Good morning, Alexander!” A gay voice trilled in my ear.
“Mmph,” I roll over stiffly in my tiny bunk, each movement feels like a nail has been driven into my squeeze. I press the space between my thick eyebrows and groan. My mouth tastes like barf and my limbs are heavy and sluggish.
A arm yanks back the thin curtain around my bunk and painful sunlight fills my formerly-dark sanctuary. I thrash wildly at the person causing me the pain and my flailing fingers collide with Jack’s skinny body.
“Oof, Alex, that fucking hurt!” He complains.
“Worst. Fucking. Hangover.” I groan, trying to recall how many beers I had last night. Around twelve, I think. Jack ignores me.
“Well, today’s the big day.” He flourishes out the window and I see that we’re back home. “When are you going to tell her?”
I bury my head and mumble, “I don’t think I can do it.”
“Alex.”
Jack’s serious tone makes me look up. He sees my stubborn face and sighs.
“This isn't over,” he warns and goes the wake the rest of the guys.
(Taylor’s POV)
The tinny beeping of my phone sounds from the coffee table in front of me. I put my legs down and set aside the large bag of extra-buttery popcorn, wiping my greasy fingers on the couch cushion. Using one hand to turn down the loud reality show I was watching, I press send and balance the small device between my ear and shoulder.
“Hello?”
“Taylor!” Jack’s excited voice comes through the phone.
“Jack?”
“Oh my god, Taylor, I missed you so much.”
“Jacky, it’s been like what, six days?” I roll my eyes though he can’t see me.
“Yeah, but I miss you,” he pouts, “Please come over? Just to hang out.”
I was about to reply when I realized Alex might be around. It had been a week and I still didn't think I could face him.
“Umm, I don’t think that’s such a good idea, Jack, I mean─”
Jack cuts me off, “Hey, just you and me. Come on, it’ll be fun. We’ll watch a movie or something.”
I twirl my bangs around my finger. Cameron’s gone for the weekend for some soccer tournament and I was just planning to sit around in my rattiest sweats, watching bad TV. I needed to go out.
“Okay, Jacky, be there in ten.”
I ditch my holey sweatpants and pull on a pair of jean shorts and purple v-neck. I put up my hair up in a messy bun and lightly spritz with my Victoria’s Secret body spray. I step over the cat and slip on my worn, white flip-flops. I grab a giant bag of pretzels and few DVDs before driving the short distance to Jack’s. He lives in a nice house and I walk up and ring the doorbell. He opens the door and his face lights up when he sees it’s me.
“Where’s my hug?!” He demands, a fake-angry expression on his face. I laugh and give a hug, careful not to crush the pretzels.
“Come on in.” He points to the living room and tells me to make myself comfortable while he brings some more snacks. I’m reclining on the couch when the doorbell rings, echoing through the empty house.
“I thought you weren’t inviting anyone else!” I hiss at him. His skunk-haired head sticks out of the kitchen, a confused expression on his face.
“I didn't,” He says as he walks over to the door to pull it open.
“Alex?” He turns to me and mouths a desperate ‘HIDE!’
I dive behind the couch just as I hear Alex say, “Is someone else here?”
“No. No one else is here. I mean, besides me. I mean, I'm here. But no one else.” I groan inwardly; Jack is a terrible liar. Alex looks suspiciously at all the snacks laid out but decides to ignore it. I obviously has something on his mind.
“So, man, sorry to be barging in on you and all, but I think I'm ready to talk about…it.”
“What?”
“You know, the thing we talked about earlier,…you know?”
Jack gives Alex a blank look.
Alex throws his hands up in frustration. “About the thing with Taylor!” My breath hitches in my throat. I must have heard that wrong. The space between the wall and couch suddenly seem to be closing in on me.
“OHHHH, that!” Jack winks knowingly in my direction.
“Dude, what are you looking at?” Alex begins to turn but Jack catches his arm.
“Continue, Alexander.”
I suddenly realized what Jack was doing here. Unfortunately there is no one to sneak out without Alex seeing me. Crouching lower, I continue listening in.
“Well, Taylor, she’s just so intimidating. Like, what do I say? Gee, Taylor, you’re really pretty and amazing and I like you. Wanna go out? I’d sound like a fucking retard.”
Behind the couch I freeze. Did Alex just say he likes me? Oh. My. God. I try to remember how to breath. He likes me. He likes me. I peek around the couch to find Alex’s Nike-clad foot nervously tapping, inches from my face. I whip my head, pulling my knees up to my chest, hiding the stupid smile on my face.
“I mean, I don’t really know what to say to her. I don’t know what to do. I'm not god at this. I've never had to tell I girl I liked her, we’d just…” His voice trails off as he shrugs.
Jack has been silent the whole time, but he finally speaks up.
“Alex, Taylor isn't like other girls. And I know for a fact that she likes you too. A lot.”
He pauses and with a mischievous grin adds, “You can ask her yourself. Right, Taylor?”
I take my cue and awkwardly stand from my cramped hiding spot.
Hey, Alex.”
♠ ♠ ♠
haha i think i might just leave you hanging for a bit
UNLESS, you awesome people leave me a comment
i just might update quicker ;)