Status: cancelled.

I've Never Told A Lie

i know i need you, just like you need me

I had just pulled up outside my house when my cell phone rang. I reached into my bag and answered it. 
"Hello?"
"Hey, Taylor, ready for tonight?"
I smiled at the sound of Alex's voice then replied, "Almost. I just got back from Cameron's and I need a couple minutes."
"Okay, see you in a few," he said then hung up. 
Once inside, I put on a pair of dark wash skinny jeans, a cute floral tank, and finished it off with gray cardigan. I slipped on my worn Converse and hastily fixed up my hair as I heard Alex pull up outside. 
I swung the door open with a grin to see Alex wearing a nice dress shirt paired with his usual skinny jeans and Nike combo. 
"You look nice," I commented flicking his collar. 
"As do you, my lady," he smiled before leaning on to kiss me lightly on the nose. 
"Ahh, your chariot awaits!" He declares with a gesture and I peer behind him to find his mom's car idling in my driveway. 
"What are we waiting for? Let's go!" 
Once buckled in and driving down an unfamilar path, I turned to Alex. 
"Where are we going?" I asked. 
He turned his head slightly and smiled at me. "You'll see."
"C'mon, you know how impatient I am. Just tell me!" I complains childishly. 
"Well, you're going to have to deal with it because my lips are sealed." He pantomined zipping his lips and throwing the "key" over his shoulder. I rolled my eyes and stared at the road in front of us, wondering where we were going.
We finally came to a stop in front of a moderately large house on the opposite side of town. As I stepped out of the car, I realized something. 
"This place seems familar," I said out loud. 
"I know," Alex grinned. 
"You do?" I asked, surprised.
"This is were I first met, remember?" He pointed at the sidewalk and I remembered finding him passed out here so many months ago. 
"I thought you'd be too drunk to remember that," I comment. 
"Well, how can I forget waking from the depths of trashed to see a hot girl in tiny shorts bent over me?" He smirked.
"I knew you'd say something about the shorts," I said. "And what about our date?"
"Oh yes. Come on back." He led me around the side of the large house and went into the backyard through the gate. 
"Welcome to mi casa," he held out his arms and I followed him into the yard. The backyard was twice the size of the house and the pool and gazebo were something from a catalog. But what caught my attention was the magnificent treehouse up in the branches of a sturdy oak. 
Alex grinned at my expression of wonderment. 
"My dad built that for me and my brother when we were little. We loved it, sometimes we stay in there for days, coming out only to restock on food and use the bathroom." He chuckled a bit at the memory. 
"Oh that's cool. Is your brother here now?" I asked politely. 
The smile quickly disappeared and he shook his head quickly. "He, uh, isnt here." 
Sensing, somethings wrong, I decided to talk about something else. 
"So are you going to take me up there?"
He smiled a little too forcefully but I could tell he was glad for the subject change. 
"Of course. That's were the date is taking place."
"Awesome, I've never had a date in a tree before."
Alex grabbed my hand and helped me up into the loft; his warm hand still shot tingles up my arm.
I settled down into one of the many beanbags littering the floor. 
I glanced around taking in the gig posters on the wall, the complicated looking stereo system set up in the corner, and the dusty pinball machine. 
"Woah, this place is incredible. No wonder you stayed up here for ages." I glanced around again in awe. 
"Yeah, I pretty much lived here freshman year. You know, this was the place All Time Low was born." He fidled with the complicated sound system and soon some punk song was blasting. 
"Ha, wow, so now when you're famous rockstars you can come here to remember where it all started. Your infamous lifestyle of girls and alchohol started in your backyard."
He came and sat down next to me. 
"Well maybe just alchohol. I don't need girls. I got you." He stared straight into my eyes so I could see myself in his pupils. My breath caught in my throat under his intense gaze. 
"Yeah?" is all I could say. 
"Yeah." He leaned in then, his breath warm on my chin. I closed my eyes as I felt his lips on mine. I put my hands on either side of his  face and pulled him closer, kissing him harder. He pulled me onto his lap and put his arms around me and I broke the kiss to put my head on his chest, hearing the fast pace of his heartbeat. We sat like that, him holding me, for a while before a muted rumbled sounded from my stomach.
"Dinner?" I mumbled because even though I would love to just make out with Alex all night, my growling stomach would probably interrupt. 
"Aha!" He grinned proudly, "I made it myself. I'll be right back."
He climbed down the ladder and ran toward the house. I lay down, still feeling the warmth of Alex's arms around me. 
Alex returned in a few minutes holding something behind his back. 
"Dinner is served!" He announced, excitement evident on his face, whipping out two packages of Cup Noodles. 
I raised an eyebrow,"Instant ramen?"  
His face fell a bit. "You don't like Cup Noodles?"
I laughed, "Are you kidding? I'm addicted to this stuff."
"Yeah!" He high-fived me and we both slurped down the warm noodles in record speed. 
"Woah, you almost beat me," he commented, as I tossed my empty Styrofoam cup into the trash can behind him. 
"I would have beat you but I had to sneeze."
"Okay," he said, sarcastically. 
"Are you challenging me, Gaskarth?"
"Maybe I am," he replied, waggling his huge eyebrows. 
"Well right now I'm full, but I'll get you next time." I warned. 
"You mean there will he a next time?" He asked quickly. 
"Of course," I said slowly, confused by his insecurity. 
"Okay, but I kind of wanted to do this right now." 
His lips found mine again and I kissed back tasting the Cup Noodles on his breath. 
"You taste nice," he said, as he paused to breath. I smiled before pressing my mouth to his again, feeling involuntary shivers as he traced patterns up my arm. We kissed for a while while his stereo played song after song, our bodies heating up the small space. His hand suddenly brushed my bare skin where my shirt had ridden up and I jumped in surprise. 
"Are you okay?" He asked. I nodded breathlessly and was about to go back when I caught the time on the glowing digital clock on the wall. 
"Holy shit, Alex, it's 1:30!" I jumped up fixing my shirt and pulling on my sweater.
"Aww, don't go," he complained but he got up and pulled on his shirt which had somehow come off. 
We carefully climbed down the oak and walked out to his car. 
He drove me home and though we didn't talk, it was a nice silence. As we pulled to my house he turned as if to say something but instead just squeezed my hand and gave me a tight smile. 
"Goodnight Alex."
"Goodnight Taylor."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, this was just a long boring filler. 
I am sick of writing all this cutesy stuff so guess what?
DRAMA. That's what. 
It's coming soon so comment & subscribe. 

Also, check this collab story I've doing with a good friend of mine, kurumachan. It's called Scream To Be Heard, Like You Needed Anymore Attention (: