Status: cancelled.

I've Never Told A Lie

make it a sweet, sweet goodbye

     It had only been one week since All Time Low had gotten the call that changed their lives. But in those seven days between then and summer vacation, they had become insta-celebs.
     Alex and I couldn't have a second alone before some gawky freshmen came to hover by us, excited to be in the presence of a "rockstar."
     Even though I couldn't wait for that to be over, when it did, I realized my friends were leaving. For two months. And that's where I was headed today: to say good bye.
     I pulled up outside Rian's house where they were loading equipment into Zack's dad's van. 
     "Hey guys," I waved getting out of the car. 
     "Hey Taylor," they all said at different times. 
     "What can I do to help?" I asked, hoping something to do would keep my mind off the inevitable. At least for a while.
     "Uhh, can you help me with my drums? We need to carry the whole thing up fromtbe basement," Rian said. 
     We struggled carrying the heavy instruments up the stairs but everything was eventually put away, way too quickly. 
     "Ready to go guys?" Zack's dad asked. 
     "Yeah."
     "Yup."
     "Pretty much."
     We stood around awkwardly for a minute, the guys luggage lying on the ground by their feet. 
     "I'm going to miss you guys so much," I said, myvoice breaking slightly. 
     "We'll miss you too," Rian comforted me and I went over and gave him a hug. I turned to Zack who smiled and said "Stay cool." before allowing me to give a quick squeeze. Jack was next and I gave him a long hug and whispered "I'll miss you, Jacky." before pulling away. He smiled and squeezed my hand before letting go. They three of the grabbed their bags and noisily clambered onto the van, calling seats and whatnot.
     Finally, I turned to Alex who had been standing there the whole time as I said goodbye to the others. I slowly walked over and took both his hands in mine and looked right into his deep brown eyes. He stared back with a similar intensity and then his mouth was on mine, hard and fast. I gripped his hands harder as the kiss grew deeper then put my arms around his neck to bring him closer to me. 
     From behind us in the van, Jack yelled, "Dude, come on, we gotta—oh dang, Alex is getting some in your front yard, Rian!"
     We broke apart with a sigh and Alex shouted a loud "fuck off" in the general direction of the van which was immeadiately followed by Jack's obnoxious giggles. 
     Alex looked down at the ground then up at me as I took his hand in mine. 
     "Hey, I'll miss you," I said softly. 
     "I'll miss you more, Tay."
     He drew his hand away and reached into his pocket and pulled out a silvery chain that had a key charm dangling off it. He took a deep breath and held it out to me, the shiny metal shimmered in the sun. 
     "Now, you have the key to my heart."
     I laughed as he put it around my neck. 
     "That's so cheesy, Gaskarth."
     "Hey, it took me a while to think of it," he shot back, mock-defensively, resting his chin on my shoulder with his arms draped lossely around my waist. 
     "I'll bet it did."
     I wriggled from his grasp and turned to face him. 
     "Are you making fun of me?" He pouted so that his caterpillar eyebrows met in the middle. 
     "Yes." 
     I laughed before kissing him once more, my hands getly cupping his face. 
     "You should probably get going," I sighed, pulling away from his warm body. 
     "Yeah, I should," he replied as he hauled up his bags and slung them over his shoulder. He smiled once more then turned and walked to the van. 
     I watched as he got on and slammed the door shut. 
     I watched as Zack's dad started up the van and they pulled out of the driveway. 
     I watched until they were specks on the horizon and then I got in my car and drove myself home.   
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, I meant to post this a long ime ago but things came up.
Well, better late than never!
Comment/subscribe! (: