Status: cancelled.

I've Never Told A Lie

he loves me, he loves me not..

“Tay-Tay!”
“Aaalex,” I call back.
“C’mon bitch, Jack’s waiting outside.”
“Okay, geez, I’ll be a second.” I check my hair one last time, grab my cell phone and keys, and walk outside pulling on my beat-up Vans.
“Hey,” Alex pulls me into a friendly hug.
Jack lays on the horn, “Get a room!” Alex turns to give him the finger.
“Gosh, Jack, you’re such a loser!” I’m teasing, ever since Alex introduced us on my first at Dulaney, we had hit off instantly. Climbing in shotgun I tap my fingers to the blink-182 blasting out of the ancient speakers. As we pull up to school, I see Cameron waiting outside, two venti coffees in hand. Her nose wrinkles when Alex climbs out the car, behind me. She hates Alex for some reason, which makes hanging out with them super awkward. Luckily, the bell rings before a confrontation and I hurry to first period, sucking down my coffee. I have a lot on my mind; mostly Alex.
After four agonizingly long periods, lunch finally arrives. I find Cameron and drag to the nearest café so we can talk alone.
“What’s up, T?”
“I need to talk to you─ about Alex.”
“Yeah, what about Gaskank?”
“Don’t call him that!” My voice is defensive, “He’s not even that bad. Besides, why do you hate him so much?”
“Long story short, he’s a whore whose hurt too many of my friends.” Her tone is dismissive, but I can tell the topic is a touchy one.
“Wow, he’s been a great friend to me. That’s what I wanted to talk about,” I hesitate, not knowing how Cameron’s going to react to the next part, “I think I’m falling for him. I mean, even the thought of him…”
My voice trails off, scared by the murderous look in Cameron’s eyes.
“Tay, I haven’t known you for very long, but I care about you. That boy is trouble, all he’s gonna do is play with your heart. He’s done it before and…” Her lips clench tight and her gray eyes flash in anger at something behind me.
“Speak of the devil…,” she mumbles as she gets up, grabbing her purse and slamming the door of the café behind her. Alex comes over and sits in her empty seat.
“What’s shoved up her ass?”
“Alex!”
“Whatever,” Alex’s attention is elsewhere. “So you know my band?”
“All Time Low? Yeah, but I’ve never heard you guys play.”
“Really? Next week’s spring break and we’re going to be gone on a week-long tour. Our first show’s in Baltimore, wanna come?” When I don’t answer right away he adds, “You can bring the bitch too.”
“First of all, she’s not a bitch. And second, sure, count me in.”
Alex grins, “Awesome! See you Saturday then. Can’t wait!”
The little bell tinkles as Alex leaves and suddenly I feel alone; the same feeling I had that day at my house. I can’t stay this way any longer, I’m going to have to tell him how I feel about him. Saturday, after his show. I throw out my half-eaten salad and walk out, feeling the sun on my shoulders, hoping desperately I’m doing the right thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
how ya like the new layout?
and a new character: Cameron, she's gonna be important
keep reading and commenting
and thanks to those who already have
you guys are amazing (: