Never Thought I'd Fall in Love Until I Moved to La Push

Cuatro

Paul's point of view.

I smiled as I watched Karissa put the puppies into the basket she had grabbed. She was just so adorable and mother like to those little guys. I bet she will be a great mother some day.

"Ready?" she asked turning toward me.

"Yes, let's go," I said following her toward the door. I couldn't help but look at her ass.

"Stop staring there," she said shaking it slightly making me laugh.

"Who said I was staring?" I questioned innocently.

"I did and I know you were," she said and I knew she was smirking.

When we arrived she set the basket down and all of the puppies except Lulu jumped out of the basket and started wandering around. It seemed that Lulu wasn't big enough to jump out of the basket like her siblings. Karissa grabbed her and put her out of the basket and onto the sand. Lulu then crawled up in Karissa's lap. I smiled and sat beside Karissa.

"Is she always like that?" I questioned.

"Yeah, she is a cuddler," Kari answered petting Lulu.

"So what made you say yes to me?" I asked looking at the other four puppies as they wondered around and fought with each other. Then there was a howl. All the puppies stopped and too started to howl. I quickly stood up as Kari was laughing at her babies.

"What's wrong?" Kari asked.

"You need to get back home now. It's not safe out here now," I said sternly hoping she would get that she had to go back home. I stared into her eyes making sure she noticed the worry and concern in my eyes. She must have too because she sighed defiantly knowing arguing with me wouldn't be good.

"Help me bring the puppies back to my house," she said looking me in the eyes daring me to say no. I would've too but I could see the betrayal in her eyes if that simple word was said. Hopefully helping my imprint wouldn't get me into trouble with Sam.

"Yes, I'll help you," I sighed grabbing the four puppies that were still on the ground but now were back to play fighting. I put them into the basket and helped Kari up. We then went toward her house. Another howl was heard and I knew I was in trouble for being late.

"Thanks, Paul, I really appreciate the help. Will I see you later?" she asked as we got to her house. I smiled at her.

"Yes, I'll see you later," I said kissing her cheek.

"Bye," she said entering her house. I took one glance and then went toward the woods so I could get to Sam's house before a third howl was heard.

Where were you? Sam's voice growled all alpha-like.

With Karissa, she asked me to help her bring her wolf puppies back into the house after we brought them to the beach and I couldn't resist her. I replied sheepishly.

Is she safe in her house now? Sam asked caring for my imprint. I smiled a wolfy smile and thought of her closing the door before I left.

Yes, she is. I said back already knowing he saw what I just shared.

Good, now get here. You are late and we have a meeting. Sam said alpha-like again. I picked up my pace and got to Sam's quickly.

"How's the imprint?" Embry asked. I glared at him.

"How's the girlfriend?" I smirked knowing she was a touchy subject with him since they had been fighting a lot lately.

"Stop that," Sam said using his alpha voice. We all looked at him.

"We have to figure out how we are going to help out the Cullens. They said there is going to be an attack from a group of new-born leeches. They need our help," Sam explained. I growled lowly making everybody look at me.

"What?" I growled.

"Why did you growl?" Jacob asked.

"I don't want to fight I would rather stay here with my girl," I growled that was odd for me. I wasn't used to acting like this. I normally would be the first ready to fight.

"You will have to, Paul," Sam sighed. I now knew how he felt when he didn't want to leave Emily.

"This is perfect," I stormed out loosing my temper. I needed Kari to calm me down so I went straight to her house in a fuming state. I knocked on her door to find she wasn't home. I then began to worry where she could have gone. Hoping it was somewhere close and still in the reservation but panicking none the less.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wrote this at 2 in the morning having troubles sleeping. Not sure how it turned out but hope you all like it.