Status: Finished. Thanks guys!

Dedication Takes a Lifetime

19

“So I was playing around with Mason’s phone, and it beeped, and I read his email,” Molly confessed as we walked into the restaurant at the resort. “Shaun seemed really close to admitting he loved you?”

“Yeah, I think,” I said, shaking my head. It didn’t surprise me Molly had read my message, and I didn’t care that she asked. I just wished, though, that she’d drop the love topic. “He was like, ‘I love…’ and he hesitated, then said something completely different.”

“God, that’s just like him.” She told the maitre d’ how many were in our party and we were led to a little booth. “He gets so close to saying something that’ll be really good for him, and then he flakes. I could just smack that boy sometimes.”

I laughed. “Molly, you seem to care about this a little more than I do. Seriously. I know he’ll admit it eventually. If he’s almost there now, he’ll say it in the near future.” I picked up the menu and scanned it quickly. “I don’t want him to say it if he doesn’t know that he means it, you know? That’d be… weird.”

“Oh yeah.” She sighed. “You’re much more patient than I am, Case. Props for that.” She smiled and gazed at me intently. “I told Mason that he should talk to Shaun. I want you guys to just… work out perfectly.”

“Don’t worry, Mol. I think we will in due time.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Short update!
Which means... you get two!
Yeah, this story's starting to end, and it's sad, because another Shaun story that helped me write this one just ended, too. :(
Comments, please. I'm not getting as many, and it makes me sad.
Another update in a few, then an update or two of MASON.
Go read my Mase story if you haven't already. :D