Status: Complete :')

I Don't Like This Ending

Chapter 5

The nurse gave me and encouraging smile before leaving me alone with Cassie. I quickly swept my eyes across the room and saw so much Cassie in it.

The walls were a bright orange and a whole wall was decorated in pictures.

“Hey,” A voice spoke, bringing me out of my thoughts.

I turned to her. “Hey. How are you?” I asked, my eyes boring into hers. She looked better then yesterday, more colour in her face and her eyes were alight with happiness.

“I’m good. Yourself?” She asked.

“I’m well thank you.”

I moved closer to the photos and saw that some were aged and some new. It was in a timeline, starting with a little girl with bright green eyes aged around 4 years old hugging Tom Cruise, and from them it just got even better. The girl was aging and maturing but still looking exactly the same. Same smile, same eyes, same Cassie. She was with the Olsen Twins, Kate Winslett, McFly, Rupert Grint, and other famous faces. There were pictures of her with various children and nurses, but no face stuck like glue. It seemed she stayed in one place whilst everyone else moved on.

I turned back around to Cassie and saw her staring intently at me. I blushed under her gaze and glanced down at my feet. She giggled and I looked up at her, a curious look on my face.

She had the same broad grin on her face that she had on all her photos and I found myself smiling in return.

“You know, there are many girls who would just love to be in my position right now. Cancer and all,” Cassie stated.

“Yes,” I agreed.

“So Mr. Jonas.” She addressed with a smirk on her face. “How’s life?”

“Life’s pretty good at the moment. I think—I know—I’m in love with someone. It’s just she doesn’t know it yet.” I told her, my eyes boring into hers. This time it was she who blushed
and I smiled.

She moved out of her bed and sat down on it, patting the spot next to her. I went and sat myself next to her, my heart beating frantically.

“Listen,” she ordered. “This girl will be an utter chapstick if she didn’t realise how you felt about her. It’s pretty obvious on your face. You look happier, you eyes are brighter,” She slowly lifted her hand and brushed some curls out of my eyes. “Tell her, Nick. Because if you don’t you’ll regret it later on.”

She was right. Of course she was right. But I couldn’t come straight out with it. I had only known her about a day. It was seem perverted. I just nodded my head, my throat to dry to speak,

Cassie seemed pleased with what I had said, and nodded her head to herself, slowly standing up and moving to a drawer. She took out a camera and came to sit next to me again.

“Smile!” She shouted, choosing to quickly snap a picture of the both of us whilst I was mid
laugh.

“Let me see it,” I told her, reaching out for the camera.

“No,” She answered snatching it from my grasp. “It’ll work better this way.”

“Fine,” I sighed. “But I want a copy of it,” I told her.

“Of course,” she answered, smiling innocently at me.

She put the camera back in her drawer and closed it shut. She moved back to the bed, sitting up on it under the covers.

She put her legs against her chest, her arms hugging her chest. I watched her curiously, almost acting like she was holding herself together. I watched her stare out of the window, a look of wonder on her face. She pulled her hand to her mouth, a tissue in hand before lightly coughing into it. When she pulled it away from her face as I was sure I saw a flash of red on the tissue and I noticed that as she brought her hand down she looked down at the tissue, also noticing it. I looked back at her face and watched as she slowly closed her eyes, before opening them. I saw a tear glisten on her face, but when I looked again it was gone. Happy-go-lucky Cassie was gone.