Status: Completed.

Protect Me From What I Want

Epilogue: This Is What You Get, This Is What You Get

The Joker’s POV

Even if I wanted to cry, my ego and pride wouldn’t have allowed me. She deserved it. She deserved it. She deserved it. Angrily I turned away from the edge of the bridge and viciously glared at Batman’s still form on the snowy ground. I spat at him as I passed and kicked him hard in the ribs. He didn’t stir; merely jolted sideways from the impact of my foot.

He was the main culprit in all of this. What was he doing kissing my woman? Now Harley is dead because of him and he’ll forever have to live with the guilt of killing her. The thought suddenly hit me. Harley was dead. I don’t know why it was so hard hitting all of a sudden. I shouldn’t have felt so guilty, but I did.

Out of curiosity, I wandered over to the opposite side of the bridge, just to see if her body was somehow on that side. I leaned over the barrier but found nothing. “Harley!?” I yelled, but my own voice only echoed back. “HARLEY?!” Still nothing. She was definitely gone and I had a sickly feeling whelming in the pit of my stomach. I ran a hand through my fading hair and rested against the bridge. What was I going to do now? I felt lost all of a sudden.

In anger I tilted my head back and growled. My throat was becoming sore from all of the shouting and growling. I threw the lead pipe to the ground in frustration, making a loud metal clinking noise when it collided with the ground. The snow I kicked burst into the air and powdered the ground once again. With nothing else to do, I wandered aimlessly back to my van further away from the bridge.

Drumming my fingers along the steering wheel, I realised how strange it felt now that Harley was gone. It felt like a weight had been taken of my shoulders but at the same time, the change was too drastic. Especially all at once. I was confused with whether or not I was happy about this. Nevertheless, I started up the engine and slowly began driving off home, leaving Batman lying on the bridge. Could I even careless that he was dead? I wasn’t sure. I shook my head from the thoughts like a dog and focused on the journey home, knowing that Harley was never to return again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like? Not like?
Comments?
Ah my God! Finished! Finally!
A trilogy might appear in the far future, but as of now, this story is at rest for possibly a long time. Still a lot of things have been left unanswered, unintentionally too so they're going to have to be answered at some point. Because of the trilogy, it's probably clear that Harley isn't actually going to be dead. I couldn't stand the fact of killing her off. It's the wusses way out of ending a story. So yeah...
Anyway I hope you enjoyed this sequel and the first story! I love all my readers, subscribers, commenters! Been a long journey. I've really enjoyed writing it. Thanks for being great sports. =] Check out my other Joker stories if you want. A new one might be up soon.
Love you lots like jelly tots!