Status: Finished. Sequel soon

Manage Me, I'm a Mess

She never said a bad word.

The flight had just landed. It had been a few weeks since the date thing with Kyle. I got out of it and didn’t go to the date just like I told Alex.

Alex had been asleep the whole flight so I was left to amuse myself. Now what I found amusing Alex may not have. It’s not to be bad, I mean to Alex he will probably over react where all the other people around will find it hilarious just like I do.
Alex’s prized hair; luscious locks were in tiny plaits. He soft plump lips were coated in my nude lip gloss and he may, may have had a slight drawn on mustache. See hilarious right?
-----------------

“Seriously you think this is funny. Come on Katie, the first meeting with the midwife and what do you do? WHAT DO YOU DO?”

Alex jabbed me in the side and stuck his tongue out at me. The cab driver was an elderly man; he was balding slightly and had the gentle musky smell as he drove us to Sally-Ann’s home. He had a small non creepy smile on his face as he watched me and Alex bicker and try to unplait his hair and rub of the mess, or masterpiece in my eyes off of his face.

“Rub it harder” Alex shrieked.

We were getting closer and closer to Sally-Ann’s house.

“THAT’S WHAT SHE SAID!” Both me and Alex called out and then burst out into laughter.

Times like this I realized why we were best friends. After laughing for about 5 minutes. I licked my thumb and took of the remainder lip gloss and mustache from Alex’s face. It was a very motherly move.

“See already being a mum” Alex said as he pulled me out of the cab by my hand.

He placed the money in the kind cab drivers hand leaving a generous tip. We walked up and knocked on Sally-Ann’s door. She pulled it open and for once she was wearing normal comfortable clothes. She smiled softly at us and silently let us into her apartment. Her bump was showing in the t-shirt she had on. I must have been staring as she perked up and told me I could touch it. Me and Alex laced hands and walked forward. My hand spread across her stomach, it felt awkward but nice. I looked up to look at Sally-Ann’s face to make sure she was okay with me and Alex protruding on her stomach.

She was looking away. I pulled my hand away and Alex pulled away too. He looked confused but I motioned to Sally-Ann and told him to go fetch us some cold drinks. He did as he was told and I sat down next to Sally-Ann. Here goes nothing? She was only human right? She must have a kind bone in her body somewhere; she is giving me her baby.

“How’ve you been?” I asked.

She looked at me, her eyes wider than usual. Obviously shocked that I was being civil to her. The ball was in her court; she could be a bitch or be civil back. She chose the latter.

“Fine, thanks. How’s tour?”

“It’s been fun. Nice to get a break though. You know come back home”

I smiled at her as Alex entered the room. He passed Sally-Ann a cool glass of water which he had chucked a few ice cubes in. He placed a glass of orange juice on the table and pointed at me. That was my drink.

“So Alley, I hear tours been good?”

“Yeah really good. Glad Katie’s with me to be honest” Oh god Alex rub salt in the wound!

“Oh yeah nice nice. She said she is enjoying herself” She smiled over at me then continued talking. This time including me in the conversation.

“So what are you two? Like I know you used to be friends but there is obviously something there?”

Me and Alex looked at each other, both dumb founded. We was best friend, always have been. Sure I had feelings for him, but he didn’t have them back. So we just stayed best friends.

“Friends, best friends!” I answered. My answer seemed short and snappy but I was just annoyed that we were just best friends.

“Oh right. Just thought with the baby, you would obviously be closer and with a child. I thought you were in a relationship. You do act like it sometimes” She mumbled.

“Well were not!” Alex’s answer was short and snappy but what did he have to be annoyed about?

Before the situation could spiral out of control there was a knock at the door. Most likely the midwife. Alex got up to answer the door. Leaving me and Sally-Ann to just stare at each other. She broke the silence.

“Katie, I want you to be able to be a real mum to this baby. Do you think you might maybe adopt it?” Sally-Ann looked at me with pleading eyes. I could feel my eyes start to tear up. After everything I did to Sally-Ann she was willingly to do all this for me.

“Of course”

I choked out and ran at her. I was careful not to hurt mini Gaskarth but gave her a soft tearful hug.

I pulled away to see Alex and the midwife at the doorway, the midwife not fazed at all and ready to carry on the check up but Alex was shocked. His mouth hung wide, he shook his head then followed the midwife into the room and sat down next to me. Softly touching my arm, silently asking if I was okay. I gave a quick nod then started to listen intently to what the midwife was saying.

It was my baby after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Update ^-^

I didn't write anything today D: bad me ):
I will tomorrow? <3

Comment, not many comments for last chapter ):

My one shot is here
Tell me what you think of it? (':