Status: Complete

I'll Be Your Melody

Airport.

Tuesday night, I sat on my bed and waited for Edward. He’s gotten into the habit of coming to my room at night and being with me. I looked over when the window opened and saw Edward.

“Finally,” I said with a grin. Edward smiled and got onto my bed. He leaned back against my headboard and pulled me in between his legs so my back was resting on his chest. My head was resting on his shoulder and my nose was facing away from his neck.

“I won’t be going to school tomorrow because I’m going to the airport to say bye to my dad,” I informed him.

“I figured you would be,” he said wrapping his arms around me tightly. I yawned and closed my eyes. Edward softly kissed my neck and a shiver ran up my spine. God, this boy would drive me crazy.

“I hope not too crazy,” he whispered, his lips brushing against my neck. I smiled softly and turned over so I was laying on top of him. I nuzzled my face into his neck and breathed in deeply. Edward’s hold on me tightened a little.

“You need to go to sleep; I’ll see you tomorrow night,” Edward said and ran his hand through my hair. I sighed heavily and propped myself up and pouted.

“That’s too long,” I grumbled and pressed my lips against his. Edward’s been getting better at controlling himself, but he’s still not perfect. Despite this, Edward pulled me closer to him and just barely deepened the kiss before he pulled back with a slight hiss.

“Sorry,” he mumbled as he hugged me. I smiled into the skin of his neck and squeezed him before moving away so I was laying on my side on the bed.

“I’ll see you tomorrow,” I whispered feeling the need to sleep slowly overtake me.

“Yes you will,” he replied just as softly before gently kissing my forehead and running his fingers through my hair again.

~*~

I woke up the next morning and Edward was gone just as I suspected. I slowly forced myself to get ready so I could see my dad off. After taking a quick shower, I got dressed in a simple spring dress with white sandals.

“Almost ready?” my dad asked with his head poked in my doorway. I turned around and nodded softly. In only a few hours we would be separated against for another year.

“Your mom’s almost done making breakfast.” He left to rush down the stairs to my mom’s home cooking. I chuckled before finished my makeup and going downstairs to join them at the table.

As usual, Bentley was making a mess of his baby cereal. It was all over his face and he was spitting some of it out too. My dad was cooing over him while trying to clean him up and feed him at the same time. I sat down next to my mom and we just watched him. It was nice to have him back in our lives for as long as we could. At least Bentley was getting able to see him too.

“Who’s ready to head out?” my dad asked. Neither my mom nor I spoke up. My dad sighed softly before pulling us up and into a big hug. I felt myself choke up at the thought of him leaving again. I buried my face in his white button up shirt. The cologne he wore drifted into my nose and I breathed in deeper trying to imprint it in my mind.

“I know it’s hard, but I'm helping people over there and it’s only a year before I’m home for good and we get a load of money,” he tried to joke at the end. He could give me all the money in the world, but it would never compare to his company.

“We should get going before we cause your dad to be late,” my mom finally spoke up while wiping her eyes. I nodded and got Bentley ready to go and put him in his car seat.

We all loaded into my mom’s car and headed to the airport. Soft music played from the car radio, but no one spoke. We pulled into the right terminal entrance and walked with my dad as far as we could. We stopped in front of the security check and looked at each other.
Not being able to take the silence any longer, I broke down crying. My dad quickly pulled me into his arms and hugged me tightly while whispering sweet nothings into my ear.

“It won’t be too long. A year can fly by like nothing at all and then I’m all yours. Promise,” he kissed my forehead and hugged me once more when I stopped crying.

I held Bentley while my mom and dad said their goodbyes. They kissed at least a dozen times. Nothing scandalous, but just sweet pecks every now and then.

“Flight 632 to South Africa now boarding.” The intercom bellowed. We all hugged each other one more time before my mom, Bentley and I watched my dad walk towards his plane.

~*~

Edward sat alone on one side of the cafeteria table while his siblings chatted on the other side. He never realized how much time he spent with Andii until she wasn’t there with him.

“Edward, the bird is heading this way,” Rosalie hissed under her breath. Edward glanced up to see Bella walking towards them. He guessed he referred to her as a bird because of her last name, but he could be wrong…

“Hey Edward,” Bella said once she reached him. He raised an eyebrow at her and waited for her to state her business.

“Can we talk?” she asked.

"She wants to talk about the breakup" came Alice’s voice inside his head. His eyes never left Bella’s as he shook his head.

“Not now.”

“Why not, Andrea is finally gone so we can put everything out in the open,” she spat Andii’s name like it was venom in her mouth. Edward narrowed his eyes before standing up and towering over the shorter girl.

“I don’t feel like talking, Isabella,” he replied coldly. After trying to reveal his family’s secret to the school, why would he even want to be in the same room as her?

“So that’s how things are?”

“I guess so,” he mumbled loud enough for her to hear before stalking out of the lunchroom and outside. He didn’t feel like going back to his classes so he headed to Andii’s house to wait for her to get home.

“At least she’ll make me feel better.” A small smile grew on his face just from thinking about her. Oh the things she does to him…
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments(: Drama to come so just wait for it haha