Status: Complete

I'll Be Your Melody

Mutual.

“I feel like my legs are going to fall off!” I groaned when we finally sat down in the food court. I set down all my bags under me and Alice did the same. I started eating the Sonic I bought. Alice said she had a really big breakfast and wasn’t hungry yet.

“What are we doing after this?” I asked. It was almost 3 in the afternoon.

“Anything. We can go back to my house,” she offered. I choked on my soda and glared at her.

“I think I want to go anywhere but there…” I grumbled and cleared my throat of the soda.

“You two need to make up soon. He is your lab partner after all and what do you think Bella will assume if you two just start ignoring each other in class?” she did have a point.

“Hey soul sister! Ain’t that Mister mister on the radio stereo—“

“Hello?” I answered my phone.

“Andii, I need you to come home. Carlisle just called me and I need to go up to the hospital for a surgery. I need to leave in like 30 minutes,”

“Yeah, Mom,” I hung up and told Alice I needed to be home in 30 minutes. We quickly grabbed our bags and jogged to her car. We threw our bags in and got inside.

“I’ll get you there in 20,” she revved the engine and I gulped, holding back a shiver. I had to hold onto the door as Alice sped me home. We were going well over the speed limit. Where are all the police??

“See, told you!” she laughed once we pulled up to my house. I got out on shaky legs and thanked her. I grabbed my bags and went to say bye to her.

“Do you have any plans tomorrow?” she asked.

“No, it’s Sunday so I don’t think so,” I told her. She smiled. I guess we now have plans together.

“Hey don’t forget to make up with my brother,” I waved her off with a smile and went inside with all my bags of new clothing. Alice bought me a lot of stuff even though I insisted on paying for some of it.

My mom was rocking Bentley. She was in her scrubs and she smiled at me.

“That was quick,” she handed me my baby brother and grabbed her purse and phone.

“We were already on our way home,” I lied. I didn’t want her to get upset about Alice speeding.

“That’s good. I’ll be home late tonight. Carlisle said a few emergencies came in. Some kind of hiking accident. One got mauled by a bear. Poor guy,” she kissed me cheek before leaving.

“Looks like it’s just you and me, Buddy,” I told Bentley. He grinned at me and started bouncing up and down happily. I laughed and set him down while I picked up all my bags and threw them into my closet. I went back into the living room where Bentley was smacking his hotwheels around on the carpet and making car noises.

“Hey Bentley, want to watch a movie?” I asked him knowing that movies put him to sleep. He giggled and smacked his hands on the carpet.

“How about Blue’s Clues?” I asked.

“BU! BU!” he chanted. I laughed and put the movie on for him while I fixed myself a quick pb&j considering I didn’t get to finish my sonic at the mall. I ate it quickly and went back into the living room. Sure enough, Bentley was fast asleep. I looked at the blue dog on the screen hop around.

I turned off the TV and picked up my brother. He snuggled into my arms and I put him down in his crib and shut the door. I made sure his baby monitor was on and the receiving end was on loud and in the living room where I could hear it.

The door bell rang right when I was about to sit down and get off my killing feet. I dragged myself to the door and opened it. Edward was standing there so casually. My heart almost dropped.

“Edward? What are you doing here?” I asked softly. He scratched his neck shyly.

“Can I come in?” he asked with a small smile. I hesitated. I usually didn’t let people inside when my mom wasn’t home. I did let Eli in one time but we were doing homework. This is Edward. I sighed and finally let him in.

He walked inside and glanced around. Compared to his huge house, mine looked small in comparison.

“I wanted to come by and apologize for what happened yesterday,” he said finally facing me. I rubbed my arm and looked at the floor. How could I meet his eye when we were talking about something like this?

“It’s fine,” I whispered.

“It doesn’t look like it’s fine,” he replied. I glanced at him and his eyes caught mine. I couldn’t look away from his golden ones. It was like he could read me.

“Why? Why did we almost kiss if you have Bella?” I asked him searching his eyes for some kind of answer. Edward licked his lips quickly to wet them before answering me.

“To be honest, for a second I forgot that she was my girlfriend. That may sound horrible of me, but in that moment I just wanted to kiss you,” his voice was soft and the words rolled off his tongue like musical notes. I blushed a deep red when he said that and I broke our staring contest and stared at the living room wall. How could he forget he was dating Bella???

“Andii, look at me,” he whispered. His fingers were cold on my chin as he moved my head so I would look at him again. The feeling washed over me all over again. It was just like what happened yesterday. I wanted to reach out and pull him close to me.

“You feel it too, don’t you?” he asked. Edward’s minty breath ghosted over my lips. I met his eyes and finally summed up enough courage to reach up and touch the side of his face. It was cold just like his fingers.

“I can feel something,” I admitted just as quiet.

“That’s a start,” Edward leaned closer and for once I completely let go and didn’t care what would happen because of this or the consequences that may pop up. I just want Edward…

His lips barely pressed against mine, but I took charge and pressed back roughly against his. Edward wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer to him so our bodies were wedged against each other. I tangled my fingers in his hair and got lost in the kiss. It was him that pulled away first.

“Too fast?” I asked catching my breath.

“Too fast,” he agreed and looked into my eyes. Edward kept his arms around me and didn’t let go even after we stopped kissing. I let my arms drop until they were resting on his shoulders.

For now, I didn’t care if Edward was still Bella’s boyfriend or not. I just wanted Edward and I could tell that he wanted me too. The feeling was mutual.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please(: