Status: Complete

I'll Be Your Melody

Lies.

I woke up Saturday morning to a constant knocking on the door. After seeing that my mom wasn’t going to answer the door, I got up to do it.

“Coming!” I called so that the person on the other side of the door would know I was on my way and they could stop with the noise. I opened the door and saw an irked Alice standing there tapping her foot on the wooden porch.

“I thought we had plans today,” she said.

“A lot of stuff happened yesterday. I meant to text you, but I ended up going to sleep when I got home.”

“Hm, I know what happened; almost happened. But that doesn’t mean I'm letting you off the hook. We still need to have girl time. Let’s get you dressed and ready to go and then you can tell me your side of the story,” Alice said pushing me into my house and back into my room.

“Did Edward tell you?” I asked confused. Alice smiled and shut my door.

“Something like that. C’mon, it’s already 9, we’re wasting daylight.” Alice rushed to my closet, which was much smaller than hers, and she started pulling out things and putting them together. It was like I was her Barbie doll.

“Wear this cardigan with this cami and these pants with these boots. Don’t forget this ring and this necklace. Let’s do your hair in curls!” she seemed so excited that I started to forget about the incident with Edward yesterday night.

“Where are we going?” I asked as Alice curled my hair with a curling iron and I did my makeup.

“There is this outdoor shopping mall in Port Angeles. They have the cutest boutiques there!” she grinned and sprayed my hair before admiring her work.

“Let’s gooooo!” She yanked me out of my room and into the living room. I saw my mom giving Bentley a bottle of juice on the couch. She smiled when she saw Alice.

“Who’s this? A friend?”

“Mom this is Alice, Alice this is my mom and baby brother, Bentley.” Alice’s eyes were glued to Bentley.

“Awe! He’s so cute! I want a baby brother or sister,” she gushed. My mom laughed and let her hold Bentley and feed him. Bentley reached up and grabbed her hair softly.

“Alice and I are going to shopping if that’s okay with you,” I told her while Alice was going crazy over the baby.

“That’s fine sweetie. I was going to take Bentley to the park today and get him some sun,” I kissed my mom before grabbing my purse. Alice sadly gave Bentley back, but then was happy we were going shopping.

We got into a yellow Porsche and my jaw almost dropped.

“Where did you get this car?” I asked sitting in my seat and buckling up.

“I went to Italy one time and saw one. Carlisle bought me it. He likes to spoil us,” she giggled and turned it on. We listened to Train as Alice drove. I love the song, Hey, Soul Sister.

“So, want to talk about what happened with you and my brother?” she asked turning the music down a little. I blushed and glanced out the window.

“I’m not even sure what it was,” I mumbled.

“Sure, what do you think it was?” she pressed. I sighed and looked at her. Her golden eyes burned into mine. They’re really pretty…

“We almost kissed… I feel horrible though because he has Bella and all,” I whispered.

“Don’t worry about her,” she told me. I raised an eyebrow at my friend.

“Why?”

“Her and Edward haven’t been getting along lately. I think they rushed into their relationship and now it’s catching back up with them.” I never would have guessed. They looked so perfect together in school.

“Enough of this sad talk! Let’s go shopping!” she said pulling up to the mall.

Edward’s POV

Bella sat down on the couch in his room as Edward looked through his collection of classical music.

“What’s wrong?” she asked. Edward looked at her and forced a crooked smile. He walked over to her and sat down next to her on the couch.

“Nothing, Love. Just thinking is all,” Bella cuddled up against him, but it felt so foreign, so wrong to him now. Andrea kept popping up in his mind and he was thankful he was the only one who could read minds in the family.

“About what?” she asked taking a deep breath.

“A hunting trip I need to go on with Emmett and Jasper. It’s been a while,” Bella looked up and saw his eyes were darkened from their golden color.

Sure he was thinking about that, but he was mainly thinking about what Andii’s lips would have felt like on his if she didn’t run away. Unlike Bella, he could read Andii clearly, and he could see how guilty she was when she ran away from him last night.

“You won’t miss school again, will you?” she asked holding onto his arm. Her clinginess was also starting to bug him. He doubted Andii would be clingy like Bella.

“No, maybe just tomorrow,” he silently sighed. The last thing he needed to do was ruin his relationship with Bella because he kept comparing her to Andii. Bella knew his family’s secret. There was no telling what she would so if she found out he didn’t like her as much as he used to.

“We wouldn’t want you to attack me,” Bella giggled trying to be funny. Edward played along, but Bella wasn’t that hard to be around. Not compared to how wonderful Andii smelt—No. he needed to stop comparing the two…

“That’s the last thing that needs to happen,” he told her. Bella smiled awkwardly and leaned up to press her lips against his.

Edward creased his eyebrows, not really wanting to kiss her, but doing it anyway to please her.

He pressed his lips back onto hers and tried to relax his face so she wouldn’t catch on that he wasn’t enjoying it.

“Are you okay?” she asked pulling away and seeing the crease lines above his nose and on his forehead.

“Yeah, just trying to control myself,” he lied through his teeth. Bella smiled and pecked him on the lips again. How much longer would he have put up with her and all the lies?
♠ ♠ ♠
Leave a comment(:
-- I didn't really edit this one for errors so if there are any then I'm sorry.

p.s. I'm debating whether to continue my Joker story or not. I don't really like it, but if you do then tell me and I'll get an update out.