Sequel: Starcrossed
Status: It's done!! Please read the sequel 'Starcrossed' and review!!!

The Flood

"Wake Up!"

“Get your lazy ass up.” and the covers were jerked from over my head exposing me to the violent rays of the morning sun. “Fuck. You.” I said and reached for the blanket but my friend Robyn held it out of my reach, “Do you realize what day it is?” she asked. “Uh…Thursday?” I responded trying to bury my head under my pillow to get away from the sun. “Yeah, Thursday July 16th.” she replied and I was suddenly sitting up wide awake. “No way! How did I forget?” I asked and jumped out of bed. “At least you’re awake. C’mon and get dressed. We’ve got a long drive.” Robyn laughed.

I walked over to my dresser and began to rummage through my drawers, I couldn’t believe that I’d forgotten about today. Especially since I was the one that had won the tickets. Today was the closest that one of my favorite bands (second to My Chemical Romance but tied with Coheed & Cambria and the Used) Escape The Fate was coming to Myrtle Beach. I had heard about the concert 2 months previous and had prayed that my favorite radio station was going to give away tickets and sure enough a week later they had offered up tickets. I had called in and won them in addition to a T-Shirt, a copy of the deluxe edition of ‘This War Is Ours’ and a poster. Of course I didn‘t want to go alone so I invited Robyn to come along since I knew she like Escape The Fate. “I thought that you’d had your outfit picked out for weeks.” Robyn said. “It is. I need underwear though.” I said and pulled out a set I’d bought at Hot Topic on sale that I absolutely loved. It was pink and black with little hearts and skulls. “Whatever just get dressed dammit!” she said. I rolled my eyes and ducked as she threw my pillow at me and walked into the bathroom.

After grabbing a quick shower and applying my usual thick line of eye liner and a swipe of bright pink eye shadow to match the scribble letters that spelled out ‘Escape The Fate’ I ran gel through my thick curly brown hair so it didn’t poof and hurried out of the bathroom. “It’s about time! Let’s go!” Robyn said and grabbed my hand. We had to go all the way to Columbia to see the concert and it required a few hours of driving. Once we were up there we were going to check into a hotel and head over to the venue. I wasn’t sure how the two of us made it up to Columbia without killing each other but we did and within a few hours we were standing in line with dozens of other fans.

“Loran if you don’t stop that I’m going to have to break your legs.” Robyn said. I was jumping up and down, I ignored her and continued with my vertical bouncing, “ I can’t. I have to do something or I’m going to start screaming and then I’m going to sing.” I said. “Okay, continue with the jumping, no one deserves that kind of torture.” she laughed and I gave her the finger. “Hey what’s that guy passing out?” a girl in front of us wondered aloud. I stopped jumping and looked down the line where two guys in bright orange security shirts were handing out slips of paper as a guy recorded behind them. He would hand a piece of paper to a couple kids at a time then skip a whole bunch before giving out anymore. He got closer and closer to us and stopped in front of us.

“How would you two like to meet the band?” one of them asked us. “YEAH!” I said and he handed both Robyn and I a sheet of paper with “All Access” printed on the front. “Just step out of line and fallow the rest of the fans up those steps.” the guy instructed. Robyn and I immediately ducked under the rope that was signifying the line and hurried to fallow the others. “Lucky bitches.” I heard the girl who’d been in front of us say. I smiled and walked faster.

We were ushered into a room along with about eight other kids and told that we could sit down where ever we wanted. Robyn and I took a seat at a table near the wall away from the others. “Do you really think that we’re going to meet Escape The Fate?” I asked. Robyn opened her mouth to reply when the door opened and four guys came into the room. Then weren’t just any guys either they were Craig Mabbitt, Max Green, Monte Money and Robert Oritz AKA Escape The Fate. “Does that answer your question?” Robyn asked. I couldn’t even nod as they walked up to the crowd that was now gathering by the door. Somehow I was standing amongst them, whether I had arrived at the spot where I stood of my own accord or thanks to Robyn, I didn’t know.

Max came up to us first, “Hi.” he said and gave me a hug, I could’ve died on the spot and been happy. Max had always been my favorite. “So what’s your name?” he asked. “I’m Loran and this is my friend Robyn.” I said after he pulled away. “Nice to meet you.” He said and smiled at us before moving to the other fans. We were greeted in a similar fashion by both Monte and Robert before Craig came over to us. Immediately his eyes went to Robyn and a goofy smile crossed his face. “H-hi, I’m Craig.” he said. Robyn laughed, noticing the same look that I was, “I’m Robyn and this is Loran.” she said. “It’s nice to meet you.” he said and gave us each a hug, Robyn’s lasting significantly longer than mine. “I think by that look, Craigafer has a crush on yoooouuu…” I said in a low sing-song voice. “Really? You should know you gave the same one to Max.” she replied. “Liar. I did not.” I said. “Uh-huh and Adam Lambert’s straight.” Robyn said. I wanted to say something but the guy that had been video taping earlier was waving us over.

“Okay, we’re going to get a couple quick pics of each of you and the band so form a line please starting with…you.” he said and took me by the upper arm and sat me on a chair the guys walked over and stood around me. Monte and Robert stood on each side of me trying to look as badass as they could while Max wrapped his arms around me Craig wrapped his arms around both of us, both of them with huge smiles on their faces. The photographer took the picture and a few others before I got up, and Robyn replaced me. Monte and Robert took up their usual positions and Max gave the camera a big grin and just as the picture was being taken Craig planted a kiss on Robyn’s cheek. Robyn turned a bright red and Craig cracked up.

After the pictures were done the guys signed autographs and talked to all of us a bit. I couldn’t work up the nerve to say anything really and Robyn was (for once) speechless after the kiss Craig had left one her cheek. Max and Robert started a game of paper football with a couple of dudes. I watched as they all tried to out do the other team. Finally it was tied and the only way that Max and Robert were going to win was if they managed to get one more goal. Robert flicked the triangular piece of paper into the air and it soared high enough that Max had to dive to get it. The thing is, he had to dive in my direction. With a crash he landed on top of me, knocking me off my chair and his elbow into my forehead.

I lay on the floor for a few moments with my eyes closed, stunned, with Max Green lying on top of me, “I GOT IT!” he yelled the rolled off of me. “Max you fucking just killed a fan!” I heard Monte say then someone knelt beside me, “Loran? Loran are you okay?” Robyn asked. “Shit! I’m sorry! Please don’t be dead!” Max pleaded. I opened my eyes and I saw him let out a breath, “Thank god! Oh jeeze! I am so fucking sorry… I didn’t mean to do that. Are you okay?” he said. I nodded my head pounding from the elbow it had taken. “Can you sit up?” Craig asked me as he kneeled beside Robyn. “I think so.” I replied and Max and Craig each took a hand and helped me sit up and a few moments later stand.

I sat down in an empty chair and pulled my purse toward me and dug around inside until I found a the little pill box I kept aspirin and Midol in along with my water bottle. I selected two of the white Tylenol popped them in my mouth along with some water and swallowed. “I am so fucking sorry.” Max said sitting next to me. “It’s okay, it was an accident.” I said with a smile. “Are you sure?” he asked. “Yes, I am.” I said. “Okay. I’m so sorry.” he said again and wrapped me in a hug. After he let me go it was time for the fans to leave so with one final sorry from Max and a hug from all the guys Robyn and I left. “You know that’s going to be on YouTube right?” Robyn said as we walked to the floor in front of the stage. “Yeah.” I replied and smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
*Okay this is my first ETF fan fiction and the only person who's read this is really biased becuase she's in it so comments are very welcome. I got this idea from an ETF interview thing so if it sounds familiar that's why. Thanx for reading!*

Loran's Concert Outfit:
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=17335582