Sequel: Starcrossed
Status: It's done!! Please read the sequel 'Starcrossed' and review!!!

The Flood

Run For Your Life!

I looked in the mirror and sighed. I had a bruise right under my hairline that was about the size of half dollar. I sighed again, wishing that I hadn’t decided to grow my fringe out a few years previous because there was no way for me to hide the bruise I’d gotten courtesy of Max Green’s elbow the day before. Just because I had a cool story to go with it didn’t mean that I liked it. Finally admitting defeat I flipped off the bathroom light and headed out to my car.

I had bought a t-shirt for my little brother the week before but it hadn’t fit him like I thought would so I had to take it back to Hot Topic. On the way over it started to rain and I silently cursed myself for not bringing my hoodie as I ran through the pouring rain to the front of the mall. I walked to Hot Topic and found the same shirt but a size bigger and walked to the check out counter. I was considering picking up a cookie from Mrs. Fields when there was a commotion behind me.

I turned around to see Max and Robert running toward me Craig and Monte right behind them and a mob of screaming girls behind them. They quickly ducked behind the welcome desk managing to ditch the ETF fangirls. One of them noticed me, “Did you just see four guys come by here? One with piercing above his cupid’s bow, another with snakebites, one that looks like Slash and one with a bandanna tied around his head?” she asked. I couldn’t just hand them over to these girls could I? I mean they had seemed so cool the night before and for all knew these girls were going to rip them to shreds. “Uh…I think they went down that way, toward Dairy Queen.” I said pointing in the opposite direction and she took off.

“You can come out now.” I said leaning over the counter and peering down at the four figures huddled behind it. “Are you sure they’re gone?” Robert asked. “Yeah, I sent them in the wrong direction. You might want to get going now, just because we’re crazed fans doesn’t mean that we don’t have enough brains to know when we’re getting duped.” I replied. “Thank you!” Craig said. “Hey you’re that girl that Max almost killed last night.” Monte said. “I did not almost kill her!” Max said. “He’s right, he just beamed me with his elbow, nothing serious just a bruise.” I replied pointing to my head.

Craig walked over and put his hands on each side of my head and pulled me closer for inspection, “Damn! That’s fucking huge! Nice work man!” he said smirking at Max. “It’s really no big deal.” I replied. “I really am sorry about that.” Max said. I rolled my eyes, “Its fine! Now if you don’t get out of here you’re going to get mauled by a bunch of fangirls. And trust me if you want to escape with all your limbs and various other appendages you might want to go.” I said. “Right. Thanks again.” Craig said and they walked out.

I smiled and bought my cookie and headed out to my car but got a surprise when I saw that all four guys were still standing outside. “I thought you were leaving.” I said taking a bite out of my cookie. “Ooh…can I have some?” Max asked. “Sure.” I said and broke off a piece and handed it to him. “We are leaving, we’re waiting for our cab to-”Monte said but was cut off by more screaming. “Oh fuck!” Robert groaned as the mob returned. “Shit, fuck the cab. C’mon I’ll give you a ride!” I said and took off toward my car, their footsteps behind me. I pulled my keys out of my pocket and unlocked the car.

I climbed in and shoved the key in the ignition and turned it making my little silver car roar to life. I put the car in reverse and pulled out quickly, hoping not to hit any of the mob. “Once again thank you for saving out asses.” Craig said from the backseat. “No problem, I do this all the time. I saved All Time Low last weekend.” I said with a laugh.

“So where to?” I asked as I stopped at a stop sign. “I don’t wanna go back to that hotel dude. I don't want to deal with anymore rabid fans.“ Max said leaning back in the passenger seat. “Me neither. Hey, do you know anyplace that we could go?“ Craig asked. I shook my head,"All of them would turn into a mob.” I said. “Shit.” Robert replied. “Well…there is my friend’s house.” I said. “The one that you were with the other night?” Craig asked. “Yeah.” I said. “I vote yes!” Craig said. “Is there food?” Max asked. “Most houses have food.” I said. “I’m in!” Robert and Monte said at the same time.

“Okay. Just let me forewarn her.” I said and pulled out my phone and hit Robyn’s number on speed dial. “Hey, sup?” Robyn asked. “Uh…I have a few friends and I was wondering if we could crash at your house for a bit?” I said. “Who is it?” she asked. “Uh…” I looked at the guys, “You’ve met them.” I said. “Who?” she asked. “Yes or no?” I asked. “Yeah, I’m not home right now but there’s a key under the mat. Who is it?” she asked. “Not telling.” I said and hung up.

“So?” Monte asked from the back. “She’s not home right now but she said we can hang there for a bit.” I said. I was driving down the street when Max began to laugh, “What’s so funny?” Monte asked and I looked beside me to where Max sat. He hit the volume button on my radio and The Flood poured out of the speakers. I turned bright red and hit the ‘band’ button on my radio switching it to the radio. “Why’d you do that? Those guys are awesome dude!” Max laughed. “Please don’t make fun of me!” I said laughing now too. “I’m not making fun of you…I’m actually honored, we all are right guys?” Max asked. They all agreed and I just shook my head and looked back at the road. We turned into the apartment complex that Robyn lived in and I pulled into the visitor space.

I grabbed my A7X hoodie from the back seat and pulled it on before climbing out of the car and into the pouring rain. I ran as fast as I could to the covered stairs that led up to the various floors. Robyn lived on the third so we headed up and then three doors down to 345. “The key is under the…mat!” I said and pulled it out and unlocked the door. “Thank god it’s warm in here.” I said as the guys walked in behind me. I pulled my hoodie off and tossed it over the chair along with my purse. “Have a seat and get comfortable. I’ll bring you guys some towels.” I said and walked to the bathroom.

I looked in the mirror for the second time that day and saw something scary looking back at me. I had eyeliner running down my face from the rain and my hair was puffy and drenched. I wiped off the excess liner and fixed my hair before grabbing towels and walking out to hand them to guys. “Anyone hungry?” I asked. “Me!” a couple of they guys yelled and I walked into the kitchen. After countless times of being at Robyn’s I knew her kitchen almost as well as mine. I raided the cabinets and fridge and came up with idea of making a cake. I gathered the mix, eggs, water and oil and a bowl.

I started putting it together when Max came in, “Hey can I help?” he asked. “Sure.” I said and handed him the eggs. “I thought it was the least I could do since I hit you yesterday and ate half your cookie earlier.” he said. “Max, cut the shit with hitting me, it was an accident.” I said. “Okay, consider it dropped. Now where are the sprinkles?” he asked. “Sprinkles? What for?” I asked. “It’s a white cake. If you put sprinkles in it you get all sorts of colors in it.” He said. “Oh, yeah, I forgot. Uh…they’re in the cabinet.” I said and pointed above where I was crouched trying to find the cake pan. He pulled the jar out and stepped back so that I could stand up.

“So do you cook?” I asked and turned to face him and found that he was much closer than I think that either of us realized we were. “Uh… sometimes.” he said. I was close enough that I could see that he had really pretty eyes. They were a blue green color and looked great with eyeliner around them. Suddenly he was leaning into me our faces growing closer and closer when there was a loud ‘wrr!’ and the mixer went off and went flying splashing Max with most of the cake batter. We burst out laughing,

“M-my hand must have hit it! Let me help you.” I said and walked over and dampened a rag just as Craig, Robert and Monte walked into the kitchen. “What happened?” they asked. “Evil cake mixer.” I said as handed Max the towel. “It’s everywhere!” Robert said. “Yeah I need to clean this up.” I said. “We’ll help.” Craig said and picked up sponge from the back of the sink. I handed Monte and Robert a towel and turned to Max who was attempting to clean the cake batter off of himself. It was all over his clothes and in his hair.

“Max why don’t you go grab a shower? Leave your clothes outside the door and I’ll toss them in the wash.” I said. “Are you sure?” he asked. “Yes no go, second door on the left.” I said and got to work cleaning up. A few moments later I heard the front door open, “Loran?” she called. “I’m in the kitchen!” I called. “I’m going to go change! I’m fucking soaked!” Robyn said through the door. I didn’t think anything of it until I heard two screams.

All four of us ran toward the screams and found Robyn standing in the hallway looking like a wet cat with Max standing in the bathroom buck ass naked his hands covering himself. “Loran what is Max Green doing naked in my bathroom?!?” Robyn asked. “Taking a shower?” I asked. “Okay but why? And-And what is the rest of Escape The Fate doing in my house in general? Oh my god you kidnapped them and you’re trying to make Max your sex slave aren’t you?!?” she yelled. “What? NO! They were being mobbed by fans and I helped them get away. They didn’t want to go back to the hotel so we came here and we were making a cake and Max and I almost- I mean the mixer went off and went everywhere and Max obviously needed a shower since he got the brunt of it!” I said. “It’s true.” Robert said. “Whatever…just you get in the shower!” Robyn said and shut the door.

“I’m going to go and change.” Robyn said and disappeared into her room. Robert, Monte, Craig and I returned to the kitchen to finish cleaning. A few minuets later we were all sitting in the living room talking, Robyn having changed into dry clothes and Max wearing a pair of sweat pants and a sweatshirt that Robyn had lent him while his clothes washed. I looked at my phone and realized it was almost 9. “I’d better get going before my mom flips.” I said. “We’ll catch a ride with you.” Monte said. “Actually I think I’m going to stay a little longer, that is if you don’t mind?” Craig said turning to Robyn whom he’d been attached to since she came in. “No, not at all.” she smiled and scooted closer.

“Uh…dude I think we all might be staying.” Max said. “What? Why?” I asked and walked over to the door. The rain was falling harder than it had been before in fact you couldn’t see anything outside. “I think Max is right, I don’t think it’s safe.” I said. Everyone else had gathered behind us, “Fine, you can guys can stay but I get my own bed!” Robyn said and we closed the door.