Sequel: Starcrossed
Status: It's done!! Please read the sequel 'Starcrossed' and review!!!

The Flood

Baby Blues

{3 Months Later}

I looked down at my stomach. I had heard from everyone that you didn’t start showing until you were four months along like I was now. Four months my ass. I had been a whale since the start of my third month.

I reached over to my nightstand and grabbed my ipod. I had invested in pregnancy earphones, the ones that go over your stomach so that the baby can introduce music into the womb. I hadn’t ever done this before so I was excited to do something that I’d wanted to do when I had kids since forever.

I put the earphones over my bump and hit shuffle and sat back. As soon as the music began to play the baby began to move. “You my dear are going to be a music lover. Just like your mommy.” I said mentally adding “and your daddy.”

Max didn’t know that I was pregnant. I hadn’t told him and I wasn’t sure that I wanted to or why I didn‘t. So far only Robyn knew I was pregnant. I wanted to tell Eden and Shayla but every time I called them to see how they were the conversation led to what was going on with them on tour.

Shayla and Robert were having a blast together and apparently driving everyone insane which I knew was coming. Eden was currently beginning to get involved with a certain guitarist from Avenged Sevenfold who’s name rhymed with Backy Rengence. I was happy for her, she’d had a crush on him longer than anyone else in the billion or so bands she listened to.

Another reason that I still hadn’t told them was the fact that I was scared that they would let something slip to Max. The song switched on the ipod and the baby began to move like crazy, my stomach rippling with movement. I looked down at my ipod and noticed the song, “Robyn!” I yelled.

Robyn came running in the door, “What’s wrong?” she asked. “Look at this.” I said pointing to my stomach. “That’s creepy.” she said. “Wanna know something creepier?” I asked. “What?” she asked. I unplugged my ipod and put in on the speakers next to my bed, “She can’t behave and I’m just a slave don’t worry I’ll be gone when the morning comes…” poured out of the speakers and Robyn burst into laughter,

“I guess the baby know daddy’s music huh?” she asked. I nodded and Robyn was silent for a moment as the song changed to yet another ETF song, “Baby don’t talk to me I’m trying to let go not loving you is harder than you’ll know girl you’re driving me so crazy.” I scowled and hit the button to turn it off and the movement in my belly ceased.

“You have to tell him.” Robyn said. “I know I should I just…” I trailed off tears coming to my eyes. Robyn reached over and hugged me, “It’s okay.” she said. There was a knock on the front door, “Who the hell could that be?” Robyn wondered. Usually our friends just walked in, no one ever knocked.

I stood up and fallowed her one hand resting on my stomach which peeped out between the top of my pj bottoms and tank top. She opened the door and screamed. Standing on the other side, duffle bag in hand was Craig. “Oh my god!” she said kissing him and pulling him inside.

“What are you doing here?” Robyn asked. “We had a few days off.” He said and dropped his duffle bag and pulled her into a hug and a kiss that made me more than uncomfortable to witness. I slowly and quietly tried to make my way into the kitchen where I planned to grab a drink and sneak off to my room only to catch my toe in my pj pants and fall backward into the recliner.

Robyn and Craig broke apart, “Oh sorry Loran I didn’t realize that you were…there.” he said his eyes meeting mine for a second before landing on my stomach which was now fully exposed to the world.

“Oh shit.” I said pulling my shirt down like it would make him forget that he saw my bump. “Are you pregnant?” He asked letting go of Robyn and walking over to me. “Uh…” I looked to Robyn who bulged her eyes and nodded fervently.

“Yes Craig I am pregnant, Four months and yes it’s Max’s.” I said answering all of his questions before he could ask them. “And you haven’t told him?” He asked. “No. I thought that would be obvious though.” I said. Craig sat down on the couch and sighed, “Well you’re going to have to figure out something to tell him soon.” he said. “What? Why?” I asked. “How about the fact that he’s over at Eden’s right now and he‘s coming over after he sets his stuff up?” he replied.

“Oh fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuckitty. Fuck!” I said screaming the last ‘fuck’ at the top of my lungs. I had spend the last few months ignoring all things Escape The Fate just to not have to think about Max but now he was less than 100 yards from my apartment. The baby began to move rapidly, more so than it ever had. “Oh…I’m sorry baby. Mommy didn’t mean to get upset.” I said rubbing my stomach.

“I wish that you would’ve told me that you guys were coming today.” I said. “So what? You could’ve been somewhere else? I think this is divine intervention here Loran.” Robyn said. I sighed, “Whatever. When he comes over send him to my room okay?” I said and walked to my room to wait.

I changed out of my pj’s choosing to go with a cute pair of maternity jeans that I’d found at the mall and a t-shirt that was baggy on me before and black so it hid my baby bump a little. I settled back on my bed and waited for Max to arrive. About five minuets later someone knocked on the door, there was the usual greetings and then low voices and a few moments later a knock on my door. I grabbed my pillow, holding over my stomach, “Come in.” I said.

“Loran?” Max asked. His face was a sight for sore eyes. I had gotten over being pissed at him a long time before and now I felt elation at the site of him. “Hey, come sit down. We need to talk.” I said patting the bed. I watched as he closed the door behind him and sat down on the bed beside me.

I turned to him making sure to cover my stomach with the pillow, “Max I-” I said but he cut me off. “Loran I am soooo sorry. I never wanted to hurt you I just…I didn’t want you to know that side of me you know? I did a lot of things that I’m ashamed of and fucking Ronnie was one of them. I thought that if you knew the things I did you’d be disgusted and not want to be with me anymore.” He said.

“I just wanted you to be truthful with me Max. I wouldn’t have cared if you told me that you slept with Craig, Robert and Bryan too. I love you for you and all of that stuff is in your past. It all add up to the person that you are today.” I said. He nodded and played with the bedspread for a minuet. “So can you forgive me?” he asked. I sighed and looked down at the floor,

“I will if you forgive me for what I’m about to tell you. Well I guess show you.” I said. “What are you doing?” Max asked as I stood up. I didn’t’ say anything just put the pillow aside and pulled my shirt up to reveal my belly. His jaw dropped, “Y-You’re pregnant?” he asked. I nodded, “I should have told you sooner.” I said. “Well…yeah…duh!” he sputtered.

“I’m sorry I just…I don’t know what I was thinking.” I replied. “Do you hate me now?” he looked at me, “Of course I don’t hate you. I’m not exactly happy that you waited until you were…how a far along are you?” he asked. “Four months.” I replied. “Four months? Really? That would mean that you got pregnant…” he said silently doing the math. “During the flood or that day at my house.” I said. He let out a breath,

“So the first two times that we had sex you got pregnant? Cheep ass condoms.” he said. I laughed, “I guess so.” I said. “Hey, you want to feel something?” I asked. He nodded and I took his hand and put it on my stomach as the baby moved. He quickly pulled his hand away, “Holy shit there really is something in there.” he said.

“What? Did you just think I was fat?” I asked. “N-No I just…” he trailed off. “Max are you okay with this?” I asked. He looked up at me, “Are you kidding me? Loran, I love you I told you that and this is our baby. I’m more than okay with this.” he said and stood up. He placed his hands on my belly and leaned over and kissed my lips. It felt so good to have his lips on mine again. I put my arms around his neck and pulled him closer.

“Aww…it looks like someone made up.” Craig cooed. We pulled away from one another and looked at our friends. “God I can’t get any privacy in this house even when I live here.” I said. “Learn to lock your door.” Robyn said. “Whatever. Oh! Do you guys want to see something?” I asked and before they could answer I reached over to my ipod, found the song I wanted and paused it before it could start.

“Okay now Max give me your hand, Craig you too.” I said. I took both of their hands and put them on my belly. “I don’t feel anything.” Craig said. “Give me a moment damn.” I said and pushed play on my ipod. ‘The Beast and The Harlot’ by Avenged Sevenfold began to play and the baby started moving rapidly. “Whoa, it likes music doesn’t it?” Max asked. “Yeah but watch this. Robyn will you turn the song? You know what ones to choose from.” I said with a smile.

“God you’d think I’m your fucking slave.” she said teasingly and walked over and fiddled with my ipod for a moment before ‘The Flood’ began to play. The baby began to move again but much quicker now. “That is fucking awesome!” Max said his eyes wide. “I think that this might be the youngest fan ever.” Craig said. I smiled, “She knows her daddy.” Max said.

“She?” I asked. “Yeah. It slipped out. I guess that’s what I keep saying in my head.” he said. “Well if it’s a little girl she’s going to very happy.” I said and wrapped my arms around Max’s neck and kissed him. “Well, let’s leave these three to their own…uh…devices.” Craig said and led Robyn from the room. I smiled as they closed my door and pulled Max to the bed. We kissed for a little longer before I fell asleep next to Max, one of his arms around me and the other on my belly.
♠ ♠ ♠
So that was another chapter and I hope you liked it. If you want to see Loran's Pj's go here: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=17335286 Thanks to everyone that reviewed in the last chapter please keep them coming!