Sequel: Starcrossed
Status: It's done!! Please read the sequel 'Starcrossed' and review!!!

The Flood

Shopping and Pets

Loran's POV

“Do you think we have everything?” Max asked sorting through the bags that were sitting our bed.

There were seven all together; three large suitcases (one filled with Max’s stage clothes, one with his regular clothes, and the last with my clothes), A slightly smaller suitcase (Zacharie’s clothes), then two more that were full of things that we’d need for Zacharie like diapers, toys and such.

It was currently 5:00AM and we were getting ready to go on a summer tour. This was going to be a lot different from the one that I’d gone on the first time.

The first tour the girls and I had gone on we’d been drunk for most of the time that we were there. Well for the few weeks that I’d been on the tour we had been. This time we had Luke and Zacharie with us and that meant that the drinking would still go on but it had to be kept to a lower degree.

Another thing was that we were going to be one girl short, at least every few weeks. Avenged was going on tour too and Eden couldn’t stand to be away from Zacky for so long so she was going to split her time between us and them.

“Yes Max I checked everything a million times. Now will you please take them downstairs? The bus is going to be here any moment.” I said.

No sooner had I said that then there was a beeping from downstairs.

“See I told you!” I said and picked up Zacharie from her crib and headed downstairs.

I opened the door just as Robert raised his hand to knock. “Ready to go?” He asked with a smile.

“Yep. Zacharie can’t wait to see daddy on stage.” I said patting my sleeping baby’s back.

I walked out to the bus, greeting Craig as I walked by. Robyn was already on the bus mixing a bottle for Luke. She wore a pair of gray shorts and a yellow ‘I <3 Nesquik’ t-shirt and fuzzy duck slippers, her hair pulled up into a loose bun.

Unlike the our first tour we’d decided to be chill on the bus. It was too much work in too small of a space to get all dressed up. I in turn wore a pair of loose black yoga pants, a Cupcake Cult t-shit, black socks with pink hearts on them and a pair of black Ugg boots I’d bought the week before and had my hair tied into a ponytail.

“Good morning.” I said.

“Morning. Oh…she’s still asleep?” she asked.

“Yes thank god.” I said as I laid her on the couch with her blanket.

“Luke’s demanding his bottle. God he reminds me of his father sometimes.” she said.

I snickered, “What?” she asked.

“Nothing….nothing at all.” I said. “No, what was with the laugh?” she asked.

“Well I was just thinking that Luke doesn’t exactly get it from Craig.” I said.

“Are you saying that I am demanding?” Robyn asked.

“Maybe….” I said with a smile.

Robyn opened her mouth to retort when there was a cry from the back, “You’re lucky my baby needs me or your ass would be so dead.” she said and went to attend to Luke.

I smiled and sat down beside my sleeping baby pushing my ear buds in my ears and hitting play on my Ipod. I kicked off my shoes and let Black Veil Brides invade my mind. I guess I fell asleep because the next thing I knew I was being carried.

I opened my eyes and saw Max looking back down at me, “Before you ask I already put Zacharie in her bed in the back by Luke.” he said. I smiled and Max sat me in a bunk.

I scooted over against the wall and he climbed in behind me, wrapping his arm around my middle, his breath warm on my neck.

I woke up the next morning and found that I was alone in the bunk. I climbed out and went to find Max.

“Max?” I called through the bus. “In here!” he said and I walked to the front and found him and Zacharie on the couch eating Trix with Robert and Craig and watching Spongebob reruns.

“Morning.” I said. “Try afternoon babe.” Max said as I sat down beside him.

“How far before we get to the first venue?” I asked.

“An hour maybe?” Max said spooning a small scoop of cereal into Zacharie’s mouth.

“Is Robyn up yet?” I asked.

“Yeah she’s changing Luke.” Craig said not looking up from the TV. “Okay thanks.” I replied and walked to the back of the bus.

Robyn was pulling a pair of pants on Luke when I walked in. “Hey guys say that we’re gonna be at the venue in an hour.” I said.

“Really? Shit I slept late! I still have to pick out Luke’s outfit and mine.” she said picking up her seven month old. “Is Lukey as excited to see his daddy on stage as Zacharie is to see hers?” I asked tickling the baby and making him smile.

“Oh yeah. C’mon let’s figure out what we’re wearing.” Robyn said.

Our suitcases were stored in an empty bunk above Bryan’s. Robyn handed Luke to Craig and together we pulled out suitcases down to the floor.

I began to sift through Zacharie’s clothes first pulling out a pair of jeans, a shirt that I’d found for the first concert that read ‘I’m with the band’, her pink converse, a pink hoodie with brass knuckle designs on the back and front and a pair of pink hair pins to complete the look.

Robyn did the same pulling out jeans, a peace shirt that had part of the peace symbol as a guitar, a hoodie with a guitar on it and cute pair of Velcro sneakers.

We set the baby’s stuff aside and went for our own. I found a white t-shirt with a black vest, black skinnies, a pair of zebra print flats, bangles and a layered necklace.

“Loran?” Robyn asked.

I looked up, “What?” I replied. “Have you noticed anything about your suitcase? Maybe a theme?” she asked.

I looked down at the clothes neatly stacked in my suitcase, what was wrong with them? I looked back at her confused and she sighed, “It’s all black! Black, black and look…more black! I mean show me what you’re wearing tonight.” she said.

I held up my outfit for the night and she sighed, “And another thing, jeans? With the exception of graduation and prom I don’t quite think I’ve ever seen you in a dress. I mean can you remember the last time you wore one?” she asked.

“Yeah and then I got kidnapped by a fucking psycho.” I said.

“And that’s an excuse for never wearing a dress again? That’s it you’re going shopping with me as soon as this bus stops.” she said.

“What? No! I mean what’s wrong with my clothes? I think they look fine.” I said.

“Yes if you want to go for the Goth look 24/7. It was one thing in high school but we’re grown women now Loran and you should dress like it. Now no more fighting.” she said.

“You’re not going to give this up are you?” I asked. “Nope.” she said with a laugh.

“Fine but no frills got it? And no short skirts or heels or-” but she cut me off, “Heels are a must and you’re not going to fight me on this.” she said. “C’mon Robyn it’s a fucking concert and we’re going to be backstage for most of it!” I replied.

“I don’t care, you’re going to look hot tonight and that’s all there is to it and you’re going to wear what I pick out for you and like it.” she said and that was the end of the conversation. I sighed and wondered just what I had gotten myself into.
*********************************************
Robyn's POV

I walked towards the front of the bus and took a seat next to Craig handing him Luke, “I’m taking Loran shopping when we stop.”

He looked at me skeptically, it was obvious to everyone that Loran and I had two very different styles, where I was just as at home in a dress and pumps as I was in jeans and a tee, to Loran a dress was a foreign country only even thought of when a formal occasion was looming.

“So you…are taking…Loran…shopping…For what?” he asked. Max was giving me the same look, I rolled my eyes and went back and grabbed Loran’s suitcase holding the lid open,

“Does anyone see any color here?” I asked moving some of the clothes around so they could see it was ALL black and white.

“OH! Wait never mind…that was grey,” Max said trying to defend her.

I smirked knowing I was right. I pushed the suitcase into Loran’s arms as I passed her, a slightly sheepish look on her face. I grabbed a dress out of my suitcase and changed before moving my wallet from one purse to the other, double checking that I had my debit card and ID.

I came back out as I was pulling my hair up to see Max and Craig shirtless comparing abs, Loran was putting Zacky into a crib where Luke was already fast asleep. I laughed and kissed Craig quickly I was heading towards the front of the bus when I heard, “Robyn?!” I turned to see Craig and Max looking at me like I was slightly crazy,

“What?” I asked as the bus pulled to a halt. Loran sliding past the two and toward me her purse slung over her shoulder.

“Where are you guys going?” Max asked looking at Loran in her sweats and a tee with giant sunglasses.

“Yeah…who’s going to watch the kids while were getting ready for the show?” Craig asked. I pushed my sunglasses up onto the top of my head and gave them a glare that had once stopped a girl dead in her tracks.

Craig took a step behind Max looking at him quickly and than back at me, “I mean…we can watch them…I mean…we…we can have….uh uh uh…”

“SHAYLA!” Max yelled quickly.

“YES! Shayla!” Craig repeated, “Shayla can watch them can’t she?!” he said turning around, there was a sleepy voice and a stir from the back of the bus,

“Whaaaatt?” we could hear Shayla mutter.

“Will you watch the kids while were prepping for the show?” Max yelled back.

“I already told Robyn and Loran I would…Can I go back to fuckin’ sleep now?” She yelled back,

Loran and I were now smirking quietly to ourselves as the boys turned around. I slipped my hand behind my back and Loran low-fived it. I gave Craig another kiss and Loran gave one to Max and we left before the could say another word.

As soon as we were of the bus I burst into laughter along with Loran, “Did they honestly think we’d trust them to watch the kids while they were gonna be busy with the show?” I asked aloud Loran still laughing at the image of Craig and Max standing there realizing what had just gone down.

We walked into Barney’s a sales woman greeting us with an apprehensive glance at Loran in her sweats. “Hello!” I cheerily replied,

“This way Loran.” I said grabbing her wrist pulling her towards the back of the store where I could see dresses hanging off of a rack. I grabbed a few dresses in her size and pulled her towards the dressing room, she had wandered off towards the jewelry section muttering something about shiny things.

I handed her the dresses and pushed her into a stall, “These have frills!” she yelled at me muffled by clothing. “Not the red one!” I yelled back taking a seat in one of the overstuffed chairs outside.

She came out in the red dress I had picked out for her, it was splattered with white polka dots and had reminded me of Minnie Mouse which was why I had picked it out.

“How do I look?” She asked standing in front of the mirrors. I smiled,

“Great, Max is gonna have a heart attack!” I said motioning for her to turn slowly.

“Now go change, we still have to find you some pumps and jewelry,” I glanced at my cell phone, “and we only have an hour till we need to get back for dinner before the show.” I said taking the rejected clothes and putting them on an empty rack.

Loran reappeared shortly back in her sweats and we headed over to the shoe section, it didn’t take long for me to find a cute pair of red pumps that I didn’t even have her try on so I wouldn’t have to hear her complain.

We headed over to the Jewelry section next were she proceeded to take 30 mins picking out a necklace and bracelet to match, she had remembered a pair of red heart earrings she had back on the bus which would match perfectly. We paid for the stuff and headed back to the bus with 15 mins to spare.
********************************************************
Loran's POV

Robyn and I climbed back onto the bus bags in hand. Sesame Street played on the TV and Zacharie sat under it with a bowl of cheerios watching intently, oblivious to Shayla who was behind her trying to get Luke to stop crying.

“Thank god!” she said as we walked forward. “This kid won’t shut up!” she said and handed him to Robyn.

“Aw…Lukey what’s wrong? Is…Oh look he’s got a tooth coming in. Shayla can you hand me one of the teething rings from the freezer?” Robyn asked.

Shayla moved things around in the freezer and pulled out a blue and green teething ring. Robyn took it and gave it to Luke to chew on and his crying stopped instantly.

“All I had to do was give the monster something cold to bite on? Seriously? He’s been crying for an hour!” Shayla said and disappeared to the back of the bus.

“Now you… go get ready!” Robyn said rocking Luke in her arms.

I didn’t feel like a fight so I walked back to the bathroom and turned on the shower and quickly did my thing. I wrapped a towel around myself and walked out of the bathroom, realizing that I’d forgotten my flat iron in my suit case.

“What are you doing?” Robyn asked as I rummaged through my suitcase.

“Trying to find my flat iron.” I said.

“No no…I’m going to do your hair. Get something on and I’ll do your hair in the back.” she said. I rolled my eyes and grabbed underwear and my robe and walked back to the bathroom and pulled everything on.

As soon as I was out the door Robyn took me by the wrist and pulled me into the back room and locked the door. Laid out on the couch was a flat iron, a curling iron and an assortment of hair ties and pins. As she began to brush my hair I noticed that Robyn had curlers in her hair.

“Ow! Will you watch the knots? I’m very tender headed!” I said as she raked the brush through my hair.

“It’s not my fault now shut the hell up.” she said.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. “What’s going on in there? Why is Loran screaming like that?” It was Max.

“It’s nothing.” Robyn said as she attacked another tangle and I screamed bloody murder.

The knob began to jiggle, “Let me in!” Max yelled.

Robyn grabbed the hot curing iron and walked out the door. I couldn’t’ hear the conversation but I definitely heard the words “Castrate” “Hot” “Mother Fucker” and “Or Else” before Robyn came back in with a smile on her face and began her assault on my hair once again.

After what seemed like forever Robyn finished brushing my hair and began to curl and pin it in place. After I was done she handed me my dress and I pulled it on being wary of my hair. After that was on I added the bracelets and necklace before letting Robyn add the headband.

I painted my nails white and with my usual thick line of eyeliner, a swipe of red lipstick and my new heels I was ready to go. We dressed Luke and Zacharie and headed out to the front of the bus.

The whistles started as soon as we opened the door. I felt the heat rise in my cheeks as I looked at the guys. Max was visibly surprised, his jaw hung open and his eyes looked like they were going to pop out of his head.

I smiled and with one finger closed his jaw, “Take a picture, it’ll last longer.” I said with a smile.

He gulped and looked at me up and down, “You look amazing.” he said. “Thank you.” I said.

“Damn Bryan look at these two, Craig and Max are lucky. I mean they have the hottest MILF’s on earth.” Robert said.

Robyn looked at him and laughed, “MILF’s?” she asked. “Yeah…Mom’s I’d Like to-” But I cut him off, “We know what it means genius and please remember there are children in the room.” I said looking pointedly at Zacharie and Luke.

He gave an apologetic smile and shrugged.

“C’mon let’s go, we’re show starts soon.” Craig said. I readjusted Zacharie on my hip and took Max’s hand.

We walked to the green room and relaxed for awhile before the show had to start. I sat on a beat up leather couch watching Zacharie and Luke play on the floor with Robert and Bryan.

Max slipped his hand into mine and squeezed leaning over, his breath hot on my neck, “Do you know how beautiful you are right now?” He asked.

I smiled and before I could say anything he had stood up and was pulling us out the door of the green room. He pushed me up against the wall and kissed me hard, one hand resting on one side of my neck, the other on my waist.

The kiss trailed along my jaw and down my neck. A moan escaped my lips and I pulled him back to my mouth, twisting my fingers in his hair.

“I swear to god if all that time I spend on that hair is ruined I‘m going to kill you both!” Robyn screeched suddenly.

We broke apart and saw everyone staring at us. I smiled sheepishly and wiped the lipstick from around my mouth.

“Sorry…just couldn’t help it.” Max said.

“Yeah well you have five minuets to get it under control because that’s how long until we have to go on stage bro.” Craig said clapping Max on the back as he and the guys walked toward the stage door.

I gave him one last kiss and walked over to get Zacharie from Shayla. “See? You should dress like that more often.” Robyn said with a smile.

I shook my head and fallowed the guys. The techs gave us special earphones for the kids so that the speakers wouldn’t hurt their ears and we stood off to the side of the stage watching them. Luke looked lost but Zacharie loved the lights as she was clapping and laughing like crazy. Soon the show was over and the guys ran back stage.

Max pulled me and Zacharie to him and gave us both a sweaty kiss, “What did you think of Daddy’s show? Huh?” Max asked as he pulled his shirt off and took Zacharie who was reaching for him.

“She loved it Daddy. She was all smiles.” I said. “And you?” He asked with a smile, “Well the show was good but I think I’m going to like the show tonight much more.” I said.

Max raised his eyebrows and I leaned down and whispered in his ear, “You shouldn’t have started something you couldn’t finish.” I said.

He smiled up at me, “Oh I can finish it.” he said. With that I took his hand and with the rest of the band walked back to the bus.
************************************************************
I put Luke down in his crib, he had finally fallen asleep and I was about ready to pass out myself as I headed back to the front where Robert, Monte and Craig were watching The Shining.

I grabbed a bag of Chex Mix and sat down next to Craig cuddling up to him as he put his arm around me. Max and Loran had ‘retired early’ about 15 minutes ago. We could hear some muffled noises but Robert just rolled his eyes and turned the movie up.

I laid my head on Craig’s shoulder and watched his fingers as he played with one of my curls watching it go ‘boing’ when he let it go. I smiled, slightly amused as Luke had done the same thing earlier that night.

After about 5 minutes of this I looked up at him and whispered, “Is my hair really THAT entertaining?” He smiled and kissed my cheek, “Yes…yes it is.”

Right than we heard a loud “WHAT THE FUCK?!” from the back of the bus, we all turned to see Loran rolling out of the bunk sheet wrapped around her and her hair a wreck, I groaned quietly at the rat’s nest that was the back of her head,

Max fell out right behind her and was sitting on the floor scrambling away from the bunk hyper ventilating slightly. He ran to the freezer and grabbed some ice promptly wrapping it in a wash cloth and stuffing it down his pants.

This all happened so fast that none of us had any time to react. Monte was the first to come back to Earth,

“What the fuck is going on….” he stammered as he and Craig got up walking back toward the bunk,

“THERES A FUCKIN’ SQUIRREL IN THERE!” Max yelled, I laughed and got up passing the guys, who were quickly retreating, to get to the bunk, as the resident animal lover it was usually my job to deal with any animals we encountered on tour or at home.

I pulled the curtain back on their bed and saw a small brown fur ball curled up in the corner looking back at me with big brown eyes. I smiled and reached my hand in to take him out, he jumped into my hand willingly and scrambled up my arm taking a stance on my shoulder,

I laughed and crawled out much to the rest of the group’s astonishment at my new friend. Craig was the first to approach me, “Ummm…is that….safe?” he finally asked looking at the squirrel perched on my shoulder,

“Yeah don’t they have rabies?” Robert chimed in.

“Well if this little guy had rabies he would not be this calm,” I said reaching up and bringing him down from my shoulder holding him like I would Luke.

Craig cautiously reached out to pet him. The squirrel sat still after sniffing his hand and let him pet him as if he were a small dog. Robert and Brian were now gathered around me petting the squirrel too, Max was still over by the fridge holding ice to his package.

“Awuhhh it’s adorable.” Monte said as the squirrel climbed over onto him.

“ADORABLE?!” Max yelled, “That son of a bitch bit my nuts!” We all laughed,

“Well he was obviously confused is all,” Craig said.

“Dude…seriously though, what the fuck are we gonna do with a squirrel on tour?” Robert asked.

“Well he’s certainly friendly…why don’t we keep him?” Monte suggested.

I liked the idea but Max was obviously quite opposed to it as he grumbled and climbed back into the bunk with his bag of ice. Loran who had been quiet this whole time came over and looked at the squirrel.

“Well if we do, were gonna have to name him…or her, which is it Robyn?” she asked.

I put out my arm and the squirrel climbed onto it, I gently flipped it into a cradle position and checked, “girl,” I said. We all looked at each other each trying to think up a good name.

“How about Squeakums McSqueakers? Like from The Emperor’s New Groove?” Craig finally suggested. I laughed astonished that he even remembered that but agreed.

We all looked down at the squirrel as Loran whispered to herself, “Squeakums McSqueakers…” We all bust out into laughter.

I gave Squeakums back to Monte who he seemed to like best and went to retrieve one of the shoe boxes from our shopping escapade earlier, after making her a bed and putting her in it we all retired to our separate bunks, Monte taking Squeakums with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yet another chapter and yes we know that none of you who auditioned were in this but we had to set up a little before we could put you all in. We are currently working on the chapter and it will be up by Monday night or Tuesday night. Thank you for reading and for all the review that we continue to get, those are the reason that we keep writing and will as long as we feel that you guys want to read it. Thanks!

Oh here are the clothes in this chapter (We've developed a slight addiction to Polyvore so....yeah)

Loran and Robyn's Morning Bus Outfit
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=17472750

Robyn's Concert Attire:
http://www.polyvore.com/robyns_concert_attire/set?id=17500637

Loran's Concert Attire as Chosen By Robyn:
http://www.polyvore.com/lorans_outfit/set?id=17499153

Loran's Concert Attire as Chosen By Her But Dismissed By Robyn
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=17500713

Luke's First Concert Outfit
http://www.polyvore.com/lukes_first_concert/set?id=17486751

Zacharie's First Concert Outfit
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=17488680