Sequel: Kiss and Tell

Your Love is my Drug

Thirteen

I walked into the room with Brent, my fingers laced with his. I had rarely seen Patrick over the last few days, but tonight was a charity event- and all of the Blackhawks were going to be here.

Brent was in a classy black suit, which made him look extremely handsome. He wore a skinny black tie on his white dress shirt, and shiny black shoes that suggested he was a lot more mature than he really was.

I wore a dark purple dress, it was strapless and heart shaped on the top. It was cute, but I felt a lot less then beautiful standing next to Brent. He looked perfect, and undeservingly, he was all mine.

“You look great babe,” he whispered, as we approached the table, “Smile.”

I glanced up at him and gave him a light smile, my heart fluttering, “Thanks.”

We joined the rest of the Blackhawks and their dates at the table. Jonathan didn’t even look at me, even if I stared at him for five minutes, he wouldn’t turn his head. He was there was some girl whom I knew he wasn’t dating- but was merely a good friend and she, instead, said hello.

Further down the table, Patrick sat with a brunette. She was clearly flirting with him, and she was clearly a bombshell. She was curled right up to him, her hand wrapped around his arm and without even looking; I could tell that she was most likely playing footsy with him underneath the table.

Throughout the evening, I stayed put with Brent, all my attention on him. There was no way that I was even going to speak with Patrick in front of Jonathan. Sitting next to me was Sharpie and then Kris, so it was relatively a good evening; however I couldn’t miss the burning eyes on the back of my head every time I looked away.

Everyone had fun, some had a little more than others, but it was all satisfying and raised enough money to really benefit the charity. The guys signed some things and took pictures, before I knew it, we were heading back home.

I sat in the front seat, slouched over, yawning.

His hand reached over to pat my knee, “Tired, babe?”

I smiled and gave a lazy nod, wrapping my fingers around his, cherishing it. I was almost drained from the lying. I thought about not having him next to me, not having him stand up for me, not having him love me- and it killed. I hadn’t realized how much he truly meant.

Sucking in my bottom lip, I bit down. I glanced out the window quickly, watching the road pass by. I couldn’t cry or breakdown next to him, I was already hinting enough.

We pulled up into the driveway and I was all too eager to rush upstairs into bed and pull the covers over myself. However, he waited in front of the car for me and when I reached him, took my hand and just looked- offering the weakest, most sympathetic smile I’ve ever seen.

“Are you okay? This thing with your parents is bothering you more than usual.”

I choked back the tears and the want to spill, and gave a slow, soft nod.

He pulled me up into the house; I was literally growing weaker with every step. I changed into PJ’S and he stripped down into his boxers, and for the millionth night in a row, we climbed into bed together. I listened for his steady breathing, signalling he was fast asleep, before I started to cry.

I covered my face, hatred for myself spilling out of my eyes. I was possibly the worst person in the world and I did NOT deserve to be with Brent. He did NOT deserve for me to break his heart; he deserved to break mine... into a thousand little pieces.
I sniffled quietly, suppressing the need to sob.

I needed to make a decision.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally!! Sorry about the lack, i've been working two-four-seves. Here it is though! thanks for all of the comments, you make me far too happy. I'm going to go for four comments on this chapter before an update.

love you alll!!! <3