Status: Sequel coming soon! :D 14 days from Oct 19, 2010 :D Maybe sooner if I get comments :D

What to Do?

Wannabe Barbie

I woke up the next day, 10 minutes before my alarm went off, so I decided to dress up today. I decided to wear Dark blue sweats from aeropostale and a pale blue tank top, with a Abercrombie hoodie on top. I grabbed my gym bag and walked downstairs to find the place empty. They probably left, or something. I’ll call them later.

I jogged down the steps to the kitchen, and started making some chocolate chip pancakes. Placed it in the island, then went to the fridge to get some orange juice. I was happily eating breakfast when I heard something. "Mom?" I called out to the empty house, walking towards where I thought the voices were coming from I was sure that she wasn't home. "hello?" I called out again. I waited a couple seconds and told myself I was just imagining things and that I was going crazy. When I turned around, I screamed my lungs out.

"Damn Steph, do I look that bad?" Jake asked, while chowin' on my pancakes

"What the fug are you doing here? You scared the shit out of me!" I said between breaths.

“You kinda let us sleep here. We just went to get a shower from the guest room" Nate explained walking in the kitchen

"And Vee?"

"She had to leave, her mom called her this morning. She forgot to ask permission, and Avalanche wasn’t fed.”, Jake said, mouth full of pancakes. Avalanche was Vee’s pet Lab. Such a cute dog.

I sat next to Jake, eating some of the pancakes. I realized that they were leaving today. “You guys leaving today?” I asked, hoping they would stay longer.

"Yeah, we have school Steph. Sorry. But we'll see you in a month right?" Nate said walking over to me to give me a hug. I hugged him back.

"Yeah I guess. I'm really sorry i didn’t get to spend time with you."

"It's okay, we know you're busy. We'll just get a cab to drop us off at the airport. We don’t have much stuff anyways." Jake said while giving me a hug too.

"Stephanie! You ready?" Stark called out after I heard the front door open.

"Yeah Stark, i'll be right out"

"I'll see you guys in a month, text call, please. I'll miss you! and please lock ALL the doors and windows before you leave! bye!" I hugged them one last time,I called out to them while grabbing my gym bag and running out to the car

*****
I arrived with my crew at the studio at 10, and we started out routines. I didn’t talk to Justin since SHE was there. Mental eye roll. I got up and started off with the routine we worked on yesterday. I made up some new moves, and started singing along with the song.
We were having lunch, and I was in the locker room changing my clothes. I was really wet with sweat. EW.

"Hi Stephanie" I heard HER say.

"Oh hello Ashley", I replied giving her a fake smile

"We met at the party right?"
"Yeah we did"

"Justin and I were going to get lunch outside, I was wondering if you wanted to come?"

"Uhm.. no its okay, I’m going to eat lunch with the crew, thank you though", I said, then walked passed her, out to the studio where the crew were sitting in a circle. A few seconds later, she walked out of the locker room, and walked to Justin, putting her arms around his waist, and him putting his arms around her shoulders. I rolled my eyes. I wasn’t jealous.
Yeah you are.
Why would I be?
Because she’s with Justin.
And your point is?
Just shut up.
The crew and I laughing and joking around, having lots of fun. Taking each other’s food, even if we were eating the same thing. I looked over to Justin's crew and they were looking at us not in a bad way, but they were quiet. They looked.. lonely?

"Hey guys, you wanna join us? We have some more cake, I baked it" I said smiling.
They all stood up and we made the circle bigger, with the food in the middle, I learned that their names were Aaron, Damen, Drake and Tyler.

"You're not bad Steph" Damen said
"Yeah, we really thought you were bitchy and spoiled like what some people say" Drake added.
"Ha-Ha. thanks guys. I think I'll enjoy this tour" I said and we continued on with out chit chat.
“Oh yeah you will”, Tyler said, and we all laughed.
After an hour, we were done with lunch, and we just finished cleaning up, when Justin walked in without her. Which was a relief since I couldn’t stand anymore time with her voice. No not just her voice. Her presence in general.
"Sup guys?" Justin said.
There were a chorus of heys and sups. His crew stood up and went over to their side to warm up and started practicing their routines. The guys were getting ready to warm up to when
I excused myself and made my way to the bathroom.
"i'll be Stephanie's bestie soon" i heard the oh so very familiar voice of Barbie say What the hell? She wanted to be my best friend? She paused. I knew there were more coming, so I turned on my voice recorder and just when I pressed it “record”, she started talking again.

"I think Justin's planning to buy me a car or something, just a little more time babe, and I’lll break up with him" and then silence. “Yeah, okay babe, I’ll see you later. I love you”. I straightened myself acting cool when she opened the door. She glared at me and said in her annoying voice "You better get out of my way, coz you wont EVER get justin. he's mine. so fuck off"
I think the recording was still going on, so I took my phone out of my hoodie pocket and turned the recording off. Her eyes were wide.
I just looked at her, smirked and said coolly. "Haha. You think I'm interested in Bieber? Dude, you can have him, I don’t care." Then walked passed her and went into the bathroom. She followed me.
“If you make him listen to that recording, he wont believe you. And he’ll think you want to break us apart”, she said and walked out. She had a point there. It’s not like I care, so whatever. Let him figure it out all on his own.

When I walked out of the bathroom, she was crying while Bieber was glaring at me, I swear if looks could kill. I just rolled my eyes at him and started practicing. The guys were whispering among themselves and I just decided to ignore them, it didn’t seem like it was about me anyways, so I just carried on with my practice. I had dinner with the crew and Justin's crew, my treat for out new "friendships". That was corny. Ew.

"Steph, Ashley just said that you told her off in the bathroom earlier" Damen started
"Yeah she said that you told her that she should, may I quote, "get the fuck out of here", because she didn’t belong here, something like that" Aaron continued. I never knew guys were into gossip?
"HAHAHAHA. wanna hear something?" I asked.
A chorus of what's came from them. I played them the recording, starting with the "'I think justin's buying me a car', and ending in 'fuck off'"
They all looked at me like I was crazy. I just shook my head and laughed.
“Seriously?” Brandon asked.
“No shit Sherlock”, I said, rolled my eyes and laughed.
“I never liked her, her voice is a bit too sweet, and I bet she slept with many guys already”, Craig said while eating his pizza.
They were discussing that she was probably good in bed because she’s had lots of practice.
I couldn’t take it anymore. I mean, I can hang out with guys, but I do not like their topics. “Girl right here, and I do not like hearing your twisted thoughts about Barbie”, I said, completely grossed out.
“Sorry Steph, we’re guys. We can’t help it”, Kyle said. Then chuckled. I just rolled my eyes.

“Hey can you send me that recording?”, Drake asked before I left.
“Yeah sure. But do me a favor and not let Justin hear it.”, I was too tired to think, so I just sent it to him.
"Yeah, sure. Thanks", he said, and hugged me goodbye.
We went home and I was dead tired so I ended up falling asleep on the couch in my mini living room.

I got up and got ready for rehearsals the next morning, and realized that Jake and Nate were gone. I sighed and walked down to the kitchen to get some breakfast ready.
I was having breakfast when the doorbell rang. I opened the door to see Dianne standing there with her bag and everything, catching her breath.
“Good morning Dianne”, I said, “Why are you here?” I was confused.
“We’re having rehearsals here today. Private practice.” She explained. I stepped aside to let her in.
“Do you want some breakfast?”, I asked walking into the kitchen.
“Do you have some orange juice?”, she asked. “I rushed over here because I thought that you would’ve left already since nobody told you. “
“Oh”, I said and handed her a cup of orange juice. “So how long will we be doing these private practice?”, I was wondering. I didn’t really want to get death glares from Justin.
“One week. You’ll be back in the studio by next Thursday.” She explained.
“Oh okay”, with that we put the dishes in the sink and went to our home studio, I guess you could call it. I had my own room full of mirrors for the times I practice. It was also soundproof because of all the quality speakers inside, the Efrons next door might get mad.

At around lunch time, we took a one hour break. I was really sweaty, so I went to take a shower, and changed. I still had 30 minutes, so I ate lunch, then called Nate and Jake, they should be in Florida by now.
Jake answered on the 2nd ring. “Hey Princess,”
“Hey, you guys got home fine?”, I asked.
“Yeap. And you didn’t tell us that you changed out seats to first class”, he said in a disappointed tone.
“Sorry, but I thought it would be some way of payback, since I owe you guys so much”, I said innocently.
He laughed. “It’s fine. I mean it was really comfortable and all. There were so much good food too. The attendants weren’t mean. Not like in coach”, he said annoyed. Then laughed. I laughed along with him. We talked for another 15 minutes, probably, when I realized I needed to call Vee and tell her about yesterday.

“Hey, Jake. Sorry but I gotta go, I still have rehearsals.”, I said to him in an apologetic tone.

“It’s okay. Don’t worry hun. It’s alright.”, I could hear the smile in his voice. “I thought you said you were at home”

“Yeah I am. Dianne and I are practicing at the studio here”, I told him. He and Dianne got along. Jake was my original choreo, so he and Dianne would collaborate to make the dance. I can’t choreograph, but I could dance.
Wow. Conceited much?
I’m serious, so fuck off I don’t have time for you.
“Say Hi to her for me then”, he said then we hung up. I called Vee, and she picked up right away. “Dude, why didn’t you call last night? You and Justin do something?” then she giggled. I rolled my eyes.

“Hello to you too Vee”, I said. “And no. He has a girlfriend and I hate him, so that would be impossible. I was hanging out with m back-up dancers and his back-up dancers”. I explained to her.

“Oh. Well, why’d you call?” she asked
I fake gasped, “So your best friend has to call for a reason?”

“No, dumbass. You wouldn’t need to call me if you didn’t need anything”, I was already imagining her rolling her eyes.

“Yeah well. Remember the girl that has the same name as our housekeeper?”, I asked her.
She giggled. “Yeah, wannabe Barbie?”, did I tell her about that nickname

“Did I tell you about that nickname?”, I spoke my thoughts out loud.
“No you didn’t I just thought she looked like a wannabe Barbie” We both burst out laughing.
“Yeah well, I’ll send you something, and tell me about what you think.” She said okay and I hung up and sent her the recording. In a minute, my phone was already ringing.

“That motherfuckin’ slut. I can’t believe she’s just using Justin. Oh wait, no I CAN believe it. Why didn’t you send that to Justin?!?” She asked enraged.

“Because, he needs to learn from his mistakes.”, I plainly told her.
“And that would be?”
“He needs to stop falling for sluts. Remember that last one?” I told her.
“Yeah, but dude, you really need to tell him.”, she said trying to persuade me.
“No, he’s gonna think I want to make them break up”, I told her
“Do what you got to do”, she said.
“Hey I have to go. Come over, I’m practicing at my house”, I told her.
“I have laundry”, she said in a sad tone. She hates doing her laundry.
“Just send it to the dry cleaners. I’ll pay. And you still didn’t get the boxes of clothes”, I told her.

“What? No! I’ll do my laundry. I’ll come in about 2 hours, when I’m done. I’ll pick up the clothes too”,
she said and we both said our goodbyes and I went back to the studio.

“Jake said Hi”, I said to Dianne while we were doing our stretching.
“How is he?” she asked.
“He’s good, he visited yesterday”, I told her
“Oh.. Nate too?”
“Yeah, you know they’re inseparable”
“Hmm.. So how old are they now? I haven’t seen them since last year.”
“They just turned 17 last month”
“Oh yeah. And how is Vee?”
“Same old, same old. She’s turning 17 too. I feel left out”, I joked and laughed.

We made my solo dance thing, and were working on perfecting it. I had 2 dance performances and 3 duets with Justin, and I’ll have to do my part. That’s just great. *eye roll*. Dianne explained that we were gonna start practicing together a week before the tour starts. I secretly hoped that Barbie wouldn’t be there.

Sunday, I had my day off to rest. I went to hang out with Vee. We raided the room full of clothes and shoes.
“Oh-My-God”, she said in pure amazement when I opened the door. “This is like a stock room of a mall”, then she walked towards the towers of boxes. She popped her head out behind one, “Seriously? Abercrombie? Aeropostale? Gucci? Chanel? What the hell? And you still go shopping?”, she asked. I rolled my eyes and went to sit at the couch to the side. It’s amazing how almost each room in this house has a couch.

30 minutes later, Vee was piling boxes for her to take already, and I was bored. I opened the door to my “shoe room”, as I call it and started looking through the boxes of shoes. It was fun. I managed to pile about 50 new pairs of shoes. They were really pretty, I stopped at 50 because I was getting tired, there were just so many! From high top Supras, all the way to 4 inch high heels. I started carrying them to my room, and laid them on the floor of my closet. “Ashley?” I called out. I laughed. I remembered Barbie.

She popped her head in my room, “Yes Miss Vilvaldi?” she said in a respectful tone
I gave her a disapproving look. “Didn’t I tell you to call me Stephanie?”
She smiled and stepped in. I was looking at her from the top of the stairs. “Can you come up here?” She made her way up, and I led her to the closet. “Could you do me a favor and help me line up the new pairs of shoes?”, I asked her and smiled. She nodded and started towards the boxes.

I sat down beside her and taking the shoes out of their boxes. “These are really nice shoes, Stephanie”, she said and smiled at me.
“You want some? You know where I keep the boxes right? Tell you what, go down there and pick out as much clothes and shoes as you want”, I said and smiled.
“No, that would be inappropriate, Miss Vilvaldi”, I gave her the look again. “I mean Stephanie”. I laughed then she laughed.

We finally finished our sorting out of things. We sorted it out by color, the whole back wall of my closet was all shoes. Half of it girly shoes, and half, not so girly shoes. Jake fit in my shoes. I had a size 71/2 for women’s, but in guy shoes, I take a size 71/2 as well. Big shoes are more comfortable.

When Vee was done, we put them in the Escalade and drove to her house to drop it off. We left the boxes in her room, and had Stark drive us to Outback Steakhouse. We ate peacefully, having a couple of fans brave enough to approach our table to get an autograph and a picture, which I happily did.
When we were done, We made our way to Borders. Nothing more peaceful than a night at Borders where barely nobody hangs out at. Yes I’m a geek. I like reading books. I can read a 500 page book in 24 hours if you give me the time.
We were wearing our hoodies and fake eye glasses to have some kind of disguise, just in case. We were looking at the young adults section and I had 2 books in my hands, comparing the summaries, when I bumped into somebody, and dropped the books.
“Sorry”, we both said, and tried to get the books, but we bumped each other’s foreheads. I rubbed where it was sore, and quickly picked up the books. I giggled and he chuckled, I looked to see who it was. I mumbled an apology, and walked away.
"Wait", he called out. I just kept going.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please support my other story
The Square Root of Friendship