Status: Active, will update as often as possible

One Of The Boys

04

The next morning I got up early, showered, blow dried my hair, then went to my room. I went through my clothes and picked some new stuff I had bought. A gray, loose fitting t-shirt that says FREE HUGS, light pink cutoff floral shorts, and black ankle boots. I looked in the mirror. I looked…kind of girly. I put on some silver and black bracelets then went back to the bathroom. I let my hair stay in it's loose, natural curls. I brushed my teeth on put on some chap stick. I went downstairs and found my brothers and dad in the kitchen. They all stopped talking and stared at me. I blushed and pulled nervously at my hair.
"You like nice, Sam." Dad said.
"You look like a girl." Corey said.
"Yea she does." Scotty said unsurely. I bit my lip.
"Your beautiful, Sis." Dallas said, coming up next to me and throwing his arm around my shoulders. I blushed again.
"What do you want for breakfast kiddo?" Dad asked.
"Whatever's quickest." I said. He nodded. He made me a bowl of cereal. I ate with all eyes on me. When Jesse got there I went upstairs to grab my bag. I walked downstairs slowly. Jesse looked up at me and his eyes widened.
"Sam," he said unsurely. I smiled. "You look…" he cleared his throat suddenly and his face went back to normal, "You ready to go?" he asked in a rough voice.
"Yea," I was immediately disappointed that he hadn't complimented me. Dallas stopped me before I left.
"You alright?" he asked.
"Psh, yes, I'm fine." I said, rolling my eyes.
"I hope you know I can read you like a fucking book." Dallas said, narrowing his eyes.
"Then you can read that I'm fine." I said, giving him a "drop it" look. He frowned.
"We used to be really close Sam, don't change that." He said, hugging me. I hugged him back. We pulled apart slowly.
"Love you Dally." I sighed.
"Love you too, Sis." He said. I ran out to the truck and climbed into the back.
"What took so damn long?" Jesse asked, pulling out of our driveway.
"I forgot my binder in my room." I lied. He nodded. He wasn't looking back at me though. I bit my lip and played with my bracelets. Danny was in the front seat fiddling with the radio. Scotty was in the back with me, texting.
"Sammy, are you ever going to skip?" Danny asked.
"No," I grumbled.
"You have a month left of school. Do something crazy." he said.
"No," I said, closing my eyes.
"Oh come on Sam! Please, just this once. Skip a fucking class, an unimportant one if it makes you feel better." He said.
"Why?" I asked.
"Because I want you to. We could…get ice cream or some shit." He said.
"What do you usually do?" I asked, opening my eyes. He was staring back at me.
"Leave and smoke, get food, shit like that." He said.
"Let me think about it. But it isn't happening today." I told him. He rolled his eyes.
"Fine." He said. He sat back in his seat properly. When we got to school we went our separate ways for class. Every once in a while I would see Danny and Jesse. At lunch we would all go out and have fast food. When it was time for science Jesse walked with me. He was quiet. When we got to class we sat down. I looked over at him like I normally would. A girl was standing at his desk whispering something that made him smile and laugh. I looked away. The teacher quickly told the girl to be seated. She scoffed but went to her seat. I glanced at Jesse and found him looking at me too. He winked at me. I blushed and looked away. It was in 6th period that I found myself sitting next to a girl I hadn't seen before. She smiled and introduced herself as Evelyn.
"So are you new?" I asked.
"Yep, brand spankin." She grinned. I laughed a little.
"Where did you live before?" I asked.
"Los Angeles. The city of angels." She said.
"Wow, and now you live here? In fucking Dead Land?" I asked in shock.
"Yes, unfortunately my mother thought this place would be better for us. My dad is a cheater, and she said it was because of our environment. So we moved to a nice, small town. But I can see past that. They're going to get divorced. Luckily for me I'm almost 18 so I won't have to do that back and forth shit. I'm going to live on my own. Go to college. Be happy without their bullshit drama." She said it all with a smile.
"Damn." Was all I could say. Our teacher wasn't even in the room yet so we had time to chat.
"So tell me all about yourself. I don't want to be the only one spilling her guts." She smirked a little.
"Okay. I have five brothers. We live with my dad. My mom passed when I was 7. I have one friend outside of my brothers. He would be Jesse. He's known us since we were babies. that’s really all there is to tell." I said.
"Do you have a boyfriend?" she asked. I blushed helplessly.
"no." I said.
"have you ever?" she seemed really interested.
"…no." I mumbled.
"Seriously?! We are so going to change that! Do you like anyone?" she asked.
"No." I said too quickly.
"Mhm, sure." She laughed.
"So, since your new, maybe we could hang out." I said.
"That sounds awesome! You don't have any girl friends do you? You’re a tomboy. I can tell." She said.
"Is it all that obvious?" I asked.
"Only to me." She smirked. I laughed. "Alright girl, what's you number? Oh and now that we're friends there is no getting rid of me. I'm obnoxious, crazy and sweet. You'll learn to love me." She said, taking her phone out. I smiled and took mine out too. We exchanged numbers just in time before the teacher came in. We ended up having 7th together too. We talked and laughed, and got told to be quiet a couple of times by our teachers. I had a feeling we were going to get along really well. I was happy. She walked with me to Jesse's truck.
"Sammy! You always take so long." He complained. "Hi new girl, I'm Jesse." He introduced himself to Evelyn.
"I'm Evelyn." She said. She looked between me and Jesse. Jesse didn't seem to notice, he was looking at me.
"Is she coming with us?" he asked. I looked to her. She shook her head.
"No, but tomorrow you should come to my place after school." She said.
"Okay." I smiled.
"Damn, Sammy, whose your friend?" Danny asked, coming up to us.
"her name is Evelyn." I told him.
"Hi Evelyn. I'm Dan." He said, reaching his hand out. She grabbed it to shake but he brought her hand to his lips and kissed it. I rolled my eyes. She laughed and pulled her hand back.
"Nice to meet you, Romeo." She smirked. He smirked back.
"Thanks, Juliet." He said. I bit my lip. Danny wasn't really into having girlfriends. He just likes to sleep around. I didn't want that to happen with Evelyn if she was going to be my friend.
"Alright, lets go." Jesse said. I nodded.
"Bye Evelyn." I smiled.
"Bye Sam!" she grinned. She walked away.
"Dude your friend is hot!" Danny exclaimed as we got in the car. Scotty was riding with us today.
"Don't even think about it, Danny." I grumbled.
"Why?" he asked.
"You use girls. She isn't your play toy. She's my new friend." I smiled.
"Since when do you even hang out with girls?" he pouted. I laughed.
"Since I met a cool girl who wants to hang out." I shrugged.
"I'll stay away…for now." He smirked. I rolled my eyes. When we got to the house I went to my room. I sat at my desk and started my homework. The boys went to Dally's room to play video games. An hour later my door opened and Jesse walked in. he closed the door behind him.
"hey," he said softly. I looked up at him.
"Hey Jess." I smiled.
"What's up?" he asked.
"Nothing really. Just doing some homework." I said.
"You've always been such a goody two shoes about school." He laughed a little.
"Well, I want to get into a good college." I said, turning around in my chair to face him. He nodded.
"I understand that." He said. I watched as he sat down on my bed. "You look really pretty today." He said.
"Thank you." I blushed.
"When'd you get so girly?" he asked. I shrugged. "I'm not complaining, just asking." He smiled.
"Just recently. I'm just trying to…think about what I wear I guess. I don't know, your asking too many questions." I was trying to get him to drop the subject. He smiled again.
"Alright. Wanna go swimming?" he asked.
"No, I have to finish my homework." I said. He nodded slowly.
"Fine, fine. Have fun with homework." He smirked.
"I will." I smirked back. He walked out. I smiled to myself happily. He complimented me! I finished my homework and went downstairs.
"Bye Sammy!" Jesse was leaving.
"Bye Jess." I sang. He went home and we had dinner. I went to bed a happy girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello (: I decided to update again. Hell, I might put up one more chapter tonight. I'm quite inspired now. Hope you enjoyed it. And here is Evelyn!
- Hey Miss Lexi

Copyright 2010 ; Hey Miss Lexi