How Can I Love Him

Distracted

Cam and Kelia eventually arrived at the police station. Cam parked the car at the front door and turned the car off.

"Alright, let's get this done and over with," Cam said as he and Kelia got out of the car and walked into the station.

Kelia walked into her dad's office and looked back at Cam.

"Your dad said he had some clothes in a drawer for you, just in case," he said and closed the door.

Kelia walked to her dad's desk and opened a drawer to see there was a bag of clothes in an evidence bag.

"He knew this was going to happen and was prepared," she said as she saw her undergarments in between a tight blue short sleeved shirt with a nice v-neck and a pair of black skinny jeans with flip flops. she changed into the clothes and put the clothes she had on before into the bag.

"Alright, I'm done," Kelia said and opened the door to see Cam was waiting for her.

"Alright, let's put the bag with the evidence then head out," he said and she walked to the evidence room, labeled the bag and set it on the desk.

"Now can we go," she asked and he nodded then walked back to the car.

They got in and drove off immediately to the hospital. They eventually arrived at the hospital as Cam drove by the entrance, Kelia opened the door and ran out and into the hospital.

"Kelia wait-," she heard Cam say but didn't stop and ran up to the front desk.

"Where's my father," Kelia asked and the nurse looked up at her.

"He's in surgery room E-15," she said and Kelia ran to the room.

She ran to the room's viewing glass window and saw her father with needles in his arms that were attached to blood packs and water bags. She covered her mouth with her hands and watched as the doctors started taking shards of the windshield from his eyes. She started tearing up and felt a drop hit her hand but she didn't look away.

"Kelia," she heard Cam say as he walked over to her.

She ignored him and kept watching her dad.

"Kelia, he wouldn't want you watching him going through this. Let's go somewhere else," he said and placed a hand on her shoulder but she shrugged it away.

"Kelia," she heard Heath say and looked to see he was walking towards her wearing a white beater shirt with a nice red short sleeved shirt with the buttons undone with jeans and black sneakers.

"Heath," she said as he walked in front of her blocking her view of her father and hugged her tight. She wrapped her arms around him and cried more.

"Come on, I still owe you dinner Kelia," he said.

"But, my dad," she said and looked at Cam.

"Will be fine, I'll stay and watch then let you know if anything changed," Cam said and she nodded then let Heath walk her away.

They walked in silence out the hospital and into his truck. She sat in the passenger seat while he was in the driver seat. Heath had the music off and drove out of the parking lot. He drove to a nearby McDonalds and packed in a parking spot leaving the truck on. He got out and walked over to her side and opened her door.

"Hey, Kelia, I'm going to get the food and I'll be right back, okay," he said and started to leave but she grabbed his hand and held it tight.

"Please...don't leave me," she said and looked him in the eyes. He came back to her and embraced her into a hug and she buried her head into his chest.