How Can I Love Him

Leaving Town

"Yeah, I was thinking that I drive over while you drive home and get cleaned yourself cleaned up," she said and he just looked at her.

"It is a good idea, okay, I guess I'll meet you there then," he said and she nodded then walked around him, down the stairs and out the house.

She got into her car and started it up. She looked up at her bedroom and saw Heath watching her leave. She backed into the road and drove to the hospital. She arrived at the hospital, parked the car in a spot and turned it off. She got out of the car then walked into the hospital and then the elevator.

'I have to tell dad about Heath' she though then the door opened to the top floor and walked into her dad's room.

"I said no, get that nasty jello away from me," Howard said as the nurse tried to give him the jello.

"I'll feed him nurse," Kelia said and the nurse looked relieved. She walked out then closed the door.

"Must you be such a stubborn mule," Kelia said as she walked to his left side where the food was.

"Well you know me better than anyone else, huh," he said and smiled.

"Yeah well I'm making sure you eat all this, it must have some more medicine in it that you need," she said and grabbed the small cup of jello.

"Now open your mouth," she said and got a spoonful of jello.

He groaned a bit and then opened his mouth. She put the jello in his mouth and ate it. They kept in this same routine until all the food was gone.

"Well, that's all there is to eat," she said and set the tray on a nearby table.

"Kelia, something's bothering you. What is it," Howard asked as he looked at her then took her hand into his.

"It's...Heath, dad. I heard him on his cell phone. He wants to kill Korn. I never heard him like that before," Kelia said and looked at him.

"Listen, Kelia, I want you to get out of this town which is why I called your Aunt Clara," he said and she nodded.

"She lives all the way out in Nebraska though dad. Must I go that far," she asked.

"It'll make your old man feel at ease and know you are not in harm's way here while I'm in this bed," he said and she got up and hugged him.

"I'll miss you dad," she said and he hugged her.

"I'll miss you too. Visit me sometime next month alright. I may be here a while," he said and they laughed.

"Yeah, I love you dad and thanks for mom's bracelet," she said and kissed his cheek.

"I'm glad you like it, now go. Pack and leave before Heath gets to the house. I love you too," he said and kissed her cheek then she walked out of the room.

She then got into the elevator with her keys in hand.