How Can I Love Him

Black Roses Red

Korinth and Kelia were sitting in the two chairs with two cups of water between them on the table. Their school books and homework open on the coffee table.

"You are just too smart. I never would have figured out these problems without your help," Kelia said as she looked over her almost finished homework.

"It's really easy, I didn't think you would catch on this fast," Korinth said and closed up his finished homework and looked at Kelia.

"You make it sound easy. No wonder you're a music teacher, your teaching is really good," Kelia said as she finished the last of her homework and closed the books.

"Can I see your song book," Korinth asked as they both started putting their books back in their bags.

"Yeah," she said and took out her song book then handed it to him.

"Thank you," he said and took the book then opened it.

Korinth read through the book while Kelia watched his reactions and his face. He would smile a couple of times and other times he would nod but never looked disappointed but rather happy and approved.

"Your songs are great on paper but I would like to hear them if you don't mind playing some," he asked as he handed her the book back.

"I don't mind at all, I've been wanting to play more of that one song you heard a bit. I wrote some more to it," Kelia said as she took the book back then got up to grab her guitar.

She sat back in her chair and started to play 'Black Roses Red' then she started to sing. While she played she closed her eyes and pictured a field of black roses slowly turning red with her laying in the middle of the field. She slowly sat up and saw two figures standing and looking at her in the shadows. They stepped out of the shadows and she recognized them as Korinth and Heath. She was about to walk over to them but stopped when she heard a twig snap. She looked and saw it was Korn walking to her.

While Kelia was playing her song with her eyes closed, Korinth watched every feature on her. Her face relaxed, her fingers dancing on the guitar's neck and her voice was of an angel. Everything about her were of an angel to him. He smiled as she played then she stopped and opened her eyes. She looked at him with a smile as well.

"That song sounds better each time I hear it," he said and she smiled more.

Kelia looked at him and saw how he was affected by her song. He looked more relaxed but she noticed something different in his eyes she never saw before. She saw protection, concern, happiness, sadness and longing.