How Can I Love Him

The Beginning of Truth

Kelia finished eating her lunch and looked at the clock to see it was twelve o'clock in the afternoon.

"Korinth, about earlier...," she started but stopped when he held his hand up off the wheel.

"I understand. I wouldn't be so happy myself if I was in your shoes. Let's just not talk about that until we talk to your dad," he said as he pulled into the hospital parking lot.

"Yeah, I agree," she said and he turned the car off.

They got out of the car, taking their trash with them to throw away. They threw their trash away into a nearby trash car as they walked into the building. Walked by the front desk straight to the elevator to her dad's floor. The doors opened and Heath stood in their way off the elevator.

"Hey Kelia, long time no see," Heath said as Kelia smiled.

"Hey, how have you been," she asked.

"I've been good," Heath said then looked at Korinth and smiled.

Kelia looked over at Korinth and saw his jaw tighten, anger in his eyes and his hands were almost in fists.

"Who is your friend, doesn't seem too friendly," Heath asked and she looked at him noticing he didn't look too happy to see Korinth either.

"This is Korinth. If you two will excuse me, my dad is waiting for me," she said as she walked passed Heath to her dad's room.

Korinth looked at Heath as he got off the elevator and stood next to Heath but faced towards the hallway instead of the elevator the way Heath was standing.

"Don't think this is our last time seeing each other," Heath said and Korinth glared a bit at him out the corner of his eye.

"I am not counting on it. You just stay away from Kelia if you know what is good for you."

"I'm her 'best friend' Korinth, who are you to her? Just some random guy that plays the guitar on his free time," Heath said and got onto the elevator then turned to face him.

"Also, I always win when it comes to love. Girls love me. Kelia will be by my side while you will not be a part of this world. I assure you," Heath said as the doors were about to close but Korinth turned and lunged to stop the doors with his hands.

"If I am no longer a part of this world, I will make sure she is not with you or take you down with me," Korinth said and let the doors close before Heath could respond.

Korinth turned and walked to Kelia's dad's room and opens it to see only her dad was in the room in his bed.

"Kelia," Korinth said then turned around to see she was in a nearby hallway.

"Who is Heath," Kelia asked as she walked to him.

"Heath is a troublemaker. Your father will explain everything. Did you hear everything," he asked and she nodded.

"Every word, you didn't think I'd leave you to talk to him all by yourself," she asked and he smirked then she smiled.

"Can't a man get sleep around here," Howard said and they walked in then closed the door behind them.

"Of course dad but after you explain to me what the heck is going on," she said as she stood next to her dad while Korinth locked the door then stood on Howard's right side.

"Alright, straight to the point huh," he said and kept looking forward.

"Yeah," she said.

"Is Korn with you now," Howard asked.

"Yeah, I am. She figured out who I was," Korinth said then Howard nodded.

"Alright, that's one less thing for me to go into great detail about," Howard said and Kelia kept looking at her dad.

"Dad, what are you hiding from me," Kelia asked then her dad exhaled a breath.

"I may appear to be a sheriff of police but really, I am the Mob Master. The king of all mobs you can say and you Kelia, is the heir to them all," Howard said and Kelia's eyes widen at the mention of this.

"Mob Master...Mob heir...me...m," she said and clenched her hands together.