How Can I Love Him

Precious Time

There was a couple of more minutes of silence between them all as Kelia took in all the information.

"Does the cops at work know about all this," she asked and her dad nodded.

"They are all a part of my division. They were the men who came to my door and help to overthrow Korinth's father," her dad said.

"We better get you home Kelia. It's already starting to grow dark," Korinth said but Kelia shook her head.

"I don't want to leave dad," Kelia said then her dad trapped her hand into his own.

"Korinth, can you leave me alone with my daughter as well as get me a cup of water. She'll be ready to leave with you when you come back," he dad said and Korinth nodded.

"Yes sir," Korinth said and walked out of the room then closed the door behind him.

"Kelia, you don't need to worry about me. My eyes are getting better by the day. I can almost see clearly now," he said.

"It's not that. I miss seeing you dad," she said and he nodded.

"I know you do but you can't be in the hospital with me. Not at a time like this."

"Why not?"

"The old mob boss may be plotting to kill me. It was his men that was in our house last month. I don't want you to be by yourself without protection. Korinth is your protection. He cares about you, he always did, even when you two were little kids. Always playing."

"Yeah."

"Kelia May Grater. Don't think that just because I am blind, I don't see how much he loves you. I've seen it since I saved him and you were born. He helped to take care of you when I couldn't and protected you," he said and her eyes started to fill with some tears.

Howard put his hand on her right cheeks and she placed her hand on his.

"Kelia, go home with Korinth. Stay with him. Don't talk to Heath. Enjoy yourself and don't think of me," he said and she nodded.

"Alright dad, I will," she said and kissed his cheek then the door opened.

Kelia looked and saw it was Korinth with two plastic cups of water.

"Korinth, good timing as always," Howard said and smiled.

"I learned from the best after all," he said and smiled then handed a cup to him.

"Thank you, talking so much about the past can really get your mouth dry," he said then Korinth knelt down beside her.

"Here, drink some water," Korinth said as he held the water out to her and she nodded.

"Thank you," she said and took the water then drank some of it and gave it back to him.

"Your welcome," he said and drank the last of the water then threw it away.

"Well, you two better be on your way. The lovely nurse will be here to give me some medicine that'll have me out until eight in the morning they say," her dad said and she smiled then nodded.

"I'll be here tomorrow around lunch time," she said and hugged him.

"I look forward to it. Korinth, join us in the hug. You're family too after all," her dad said and Korinth smiled then joined in the hug.

"You two kids have some fun but not too much fun. I am too young to be called grandpa," her dad said and they all laughed.

"Don't worry dad, we will behave," she said and Korinth nodded.

"Of course we will," Korinth said then her dad nodded.

"Alright, get your two skinny butts out of my room then," he said and they laughed more then left the room.

"He looks to be doing good," Korinth said as they walked to the elevator.

"Yeah he is," Kelia said and smiled as they got onto the elevator.