‹ Prequel: We Come Out At Night

We Come Out At Night 2

Chapter 1

--------------------
Gates
--------------------

Now that Izzy was a permanent part of The Sidewinder, things seemed to slowly return to normal. None of us let our guards down though; we knew that Marco would seek revenge for what happened outside the casino. When he did, we’d all be ready for him this time.

Everything was falling into place little by little. Shadows asked Izzy if she would be interested in singing at the casino a few nights a week. At first she said no, but he always got his way. Shadows had changed quite a bit since the accident with Izzy. He managed to control his temper around her while still managing to remain in control.

When she was around, she turned him to complete mush. It was sick to watch sometimes, yet, he still hadn’t admitted his feelings for her. It was evident to all of us, that he was head over heels in love with this girl. Honestly, we all loved her in different ways. Well, all of us except for The Rev, he still refused to accept her. None of us knew why and none of us cared to ask. It did however aggravate Shadows on occasion.

Shadows had taken her to see a plastic surgeon to minimize the scarring on her face. The end result was that most of the scaring was gone and what was left was so faded that you wouldn't know it was there, unless you knew what happened, but with make-up it wasn’t seen at all. We didn’t care one way or the other; Izzy was Izzy with or without the scars.

Vengeance, just like Shadows had feelings for a certain someone that he had yet to admit. Sammy had started working full time at The Sidewinder now and she was another one that we had to keep a close eye on because of the fact that she had infiltrated Marco’s organization. None of us were sure whom Marco was going to come after when he did decide to come, but we figured it would be either Sammy or Izzy.

We still had one other minor distraction and she was walking down the hall right now.
I stifled a laugh when she nearly tripped over her own two feet. Ruby was anything, but graceful. In fact there were a lot of things Ruby wasn’t. She wasn’t smart, she wasn’t sensible, she wasn’t very mature and she certainly wasn’t very well liked by all of us. Honestly, she was the epitome of a bimbo.

Shadows re-hired her on principal alone, not because he really wanted her to work at the casino. She was a traitor and every one of us knew it, but the customers loved her and she made us a ton of money. None of us trusted her though and she didn’t seem bothered by any of it.

It wasn’t a lie to say that she was beautiful, she was. At one time, I even liked her a lot. We’d had mind-blowing sex on more than one occasion until Izzy outed her as working for both casinos. Shadows fired her on the spot and when he let her come back, every one of us had given her the cold shoulder. She was easy to make fun of, but she deserved every laugh we had at her expense. She was interesting to say the least.

Shadows walked over to where I was standing and leaned over. “What is she looking at?” We stood watching Ruby as she stood still staring off at something in the main room at the casino.

“No idea, probably all the flashing lights on the slot machines.”

“oooh look at the pretty lights,” he teased and we both laughed. Like I said, she was interesting and she provided the laughs we had at her expense.

“Come on, she can’t be that dumb.” Shadows was still laughing.

“Um yes she can.” I nodded. “I’m going to get a drink.”

I left him there in the main floor of the casino and went to the bar where I found Vengeance having a drink himself.

“Got any new girls for me?” I asked as I sat and waived the bar tender over.

“Nope, just Ruby.” he noted.

“I think I’ll pass.” I picked up the beer that the bartender set down in front of me and sipped it just as Ruby walked by with someone I would assume was a customer.

“You think she’d be dumb enough to keep double dipping?” Vengeance asked.

“I hope she isn’t, but maybe we should keep a closer eye on her. She only works here three nights, who knows what she does with the other four.”

“I was thinking the same thing,” he agreed, which was rare. He was usually the first one to defend his girls, but there was still the unwritten rule…Bros before Hos.

“Customers like her though, I was thinking about asking her to pick up another night.”

“You better run that by Shadows.” Sure, he hired the girls and made their schedules, but this wasn’t any other girl. This was Ruby Tuesday.


---------------------
3 Hours Later
---------------------

I had just returned with Izzy from the tattoo parlor after taking her to get The Maker’s Marc on her shoulder covered up.

“I’m nervous.” Izzy smiled swinging my hand in hers as we entered the casino.

“Don’t be, it looks great.” I assured her as we walked over to the bar where the other guys sat.

Christ, Vengeance and Shadows were seated at a table while The Rev was at the end of the bar conversing with London, our new bar tender. London just moved out here from New York. We didn’t know her back-story yet, but The Rev was curious about her more than the rest of us. She was a pretty girl, had her own kind of look. Somewhat exotic, I’d even go so far to say she was a mix of races. When she walked in The Rev practically begged us to hire her. She had a personality that was a little too bubbly for me, but the customers would like that. So, we agreed to give her a trial run.

Matt grabbed Izzy and pulled her over to where he sat. “So,” he said and we knew what he meant by that, but she decided to play with it for a while.

“So what?” she asked pretending not to know what he meant.

“So what did you get?”

“Oh, I got a tattoo.” Christ laughed and shook his head while Matt folded his arms in front of his chest.

“I know you got a tattoo, Izzy.”

“Well then why did you ask?” She threw her hands up in the air and he was getting frustrated because the other guys were highly amused.

“Izzy.” He said her name sternly and she rolled her eyes at him.

“You take the fun out of everything!” After sliding her shirt off her shoulder and pulling back the plastic covering, she turned around to show him her cover up.

It was a good thing her back was to him because the look on his face would have sent her running away. “Wow, Izzy, that’s awesome.” Vengeance spoke trying not to draw attention to the now awkward silence from Shadows.

“I wanna see.” Christ exclaimed.

“Hold on, I’ll get you a chair to stand on.” Vengeance stood and set his chair in front of Izzy.

“Fuck you,” he laughed.

Now it was time for the moment of truth. “Don’t you like it?” Izzy asked as she turned around to stand face to face with Shadows.

“Sure, it’s great.” He faked a smile, but she could see something was bothering him. Her cover up was pretty cool if you asked me, but I guess he didn’t think so. The “M” that used to be there was transformed into a butterfly. It wasn’t just a butterfly though, there were different shades of red and black around it and above it was a little red heart. When you looked close enough, you could see the subliminal message that she had snuck into the tattoo with the use of intricate lines and fine shading. It said, “I ♥ M. Shadows”

“You don’t like it.” She frowned.

“Of course I do, it’s great.” She wasn’t buying it. “I gotta go take care of something in my office. I’ll catch up with you later.” He walked out of the bar and Izzy looked at me confused. I just shrugged my shoulders; I didn’t know what his problem was. I would be thrilled if a girl did something like that for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's only the first chapter. Huge filler, lots of things filled in from where it left off in part 1.
I promise lots a drama, secrets and even the return of Marco. :)

P.S. I added London to the characters page. Not going to focus on her so much in this story, you'll see her periodically just to give you a little bit of her personality so that when her turn does come you have an idea of what your are going to get with her. She is of mixed race, but the races wont be revealed until her book.