Status: Discontinued? Finished? Hiatus? ... UNWRITTEN.

Moonless Night

Forever

-VIERRA ELIZABETH ROSE-

I never actually thought death to be a painful event. There was never anything especially excruciating about it. I used to think of it as a rather peaceful time. If you really think about it you’re dying all your life. From the time you’re conceived to your least heart beat and waking breathe.

I’ve always thought about it, deeply to be exact. I thought about how I would die from the actions to the precise moment. Maybe I’d be in Hawaii while surfing when suddenly a rouge wave would hit me and I’d drown tragically, or perhaps I’d die from old age loved by everyone.

Well whatever I imagined I never thought I’d die in the arms of Carlisle Cullen. He was my best friend’s gorgeous doctor. And boy was I in for a surprise when I woke up in his arms as well.

I remember the moment I opened my eyes. I gazed up at Carlisle’s pale face and felt his hard, cold hands on my back. Every moment I remember perfectly. The way he slightly inhaled with relief when he looked at me. He took a moment to close his eyes as if recalling something and then opened them again to make sure I was still there. Blood was dripping down his neck from his mouth and he slightly smiled looking comforted.

“Vierra,” He looked down at me slightly licking his lips, “Welcome back,”

Welcome back? Where’d I go? One moment I’m going to sleep and the next I have Dr. Cullen on top of me. Where was I? How’d I get here? I closed my eyes trying to get back to sleep. I was going to be exhausted the next morning and I had lots to do. My mother would be having all the women over for tea and my father would be going out to hunt. I needed to be home to tend to all the household chores.

“What is that girl doing?” Was that who I thought it was? It sounded just like him, but it wasn’t possible. There was no way it was him. He was long gone; it had been a month now. I couldn’t help but hope the tinniest bit though. What a fool of me.

My eyes fluttered open trying to target where the voice had come from. There was no way he was still here. I saw him die. I watched them put him in the ground. Seeing is beliving, isn’t it? There wasn’t any questions about it, I knew what I saw that day. I’ve thought about it everyday since the moment all the events took place like a sad memorabilia.

That’s what I thought until I looked up and saw his face hovering next to Carlisle’s right above mine, “Edward Anthony Masen?”

“Vierra, you’re alive!” He smiled.

So are you! Besides wasn’t I alive before?

“I know, you’re probably very confused. There’s a lot to explain,” Edward looked at me and then looked to Carlise, “So do you think she can do anything?”

“Only time will tell,” Carlisle looked at me as if looking for something, analyzing my innermost self.

He began to get up pulling me with him. Once I got to my feet I began to sway and before I knew it was falling back to the floor when Carlisle’s hand was around my waist supporting me. With one arm slug around my waist he used his other to wipe the remaining blood dripping from his face as it began to dry. I almost forgot it was there. It seemed like it belonged at this point.

I looked at Carlisle and Edward again. They were beyond beautiful. I could see crystals embezzled in their skin. Edward’s hair was a honey blond while Carlisle was more ash blond. Their eyes were the same limpid, caramel gold; they were perfect looking and breath taking. It was like those men you read about in stories; exactly what prince charming would look like. They each had a glow to them and a certain aura emanating from their bodies.

“You look just the same,” Edward said standing up straight and looking towards one of the far walls. His faced looked as if he was trying to recall a moment that had happened, something in the past.

“What’s happened to you?” I looked at Edward composing myself and pulling myself to my feet slowly with the help of Carlisle. I walked over to him shakily, “What’s happened to me…?”

I touched my face not able to recognize anything around me or myself, “It’s vampirism,”

My head snapped towards Carlisle, “We’re… We all are, including you. We’re vampires Vierra and you are too,”

I blinked flabbergasted and shut my eyes, plugged my ears, and held my breath. I was going to get out of the horrible nightmare one way or another. I had to be dreaming. I’d been dreaming of Edward for the past month, but none of the dreams were ever like this. Maybe I was dying… That’s it. I was dying in my sleep.

“Vierra, you’re not dying,” Edward looked at my forehead rather than my eyes, “Carlisle has saved you from death,”

“I wasn’t dying,” I stated sternly, “I had gone to bed and all of the sudden I find myself here, wherever here is,”

“You must accept it,” Edward said, “And you must be very thirsty,”

I hadn’t realized the burning sensation in the back of my throat radiating from the pit of my stomach. Now that Edward mentioned it the urge grew stronger. I was very thirsty. My throat grew drier with every second. It felt as if I was choking and my throat was closing up. I couldn’t breath. The room began to grow smaller…

…And then I heard it in my head. I remember exactly what Edward said, it was for the first time, ‘Vierra, it’s all going to be okay. I promise I’ll take care of you. Forever…’