Status: Discontinued? Finished? Hiatus? ... UNWRITTEN.

Moonless Night

Before

-BELLA SWAN-

I sat by myself watching the chaos unfold around me. Jacob complained to Edward about Demitri who was out somewhere in the world doing anything other than bothering Jacob. I didn’t see how any of this nonsense would be solved.

“Listen Jacob, you have no say in anything pertaining to Vierra. You think you know what’s best for her but you don’t. Jacob, you know absolutely nothing about her,” He looked at me and I knew what he was thinking. Just like how Jacob thought he knew what was best for me.

Jacob began to shake but quickly controlled himself sending a harsh glare to Edward, “You watch it Cullen,”

Edward closed his eyes and tilted his head toward the floor, “Bella, I think it would be best if you and Jacob went somewhere for a little while,”

I obliged quickly getting up and walking over to Jacob, “How about we go for a walk somewhere, perhaps along the beach,”

“Fine,” He said harshly, “But it’s not because he wants me to go,”

Edward looked at me, his eyes seemed thankful. He said his goodbye and turned around heading back upstairs to probably go check on Vierra again. Jacob and I walked out of the house in silence side by side. I didn’t really know what to say in a time like this. He then began to walk faster with me behind. For every giant stride he took I took three small steps trying my best to keep up.

“Why does he think he can just go and do this?” Jacob finally exploded turning around to look at me.

He wanted answers and I didn’t have them. I didn’t want to say the wrong thing in fear of aggravating him further. Before Vierra, Edward would of never let Jacob within 100 feet of me and now he was letting us walk alone in the woods. I’ve never judged Edward’s motives, but right now I didn’t know what to think.

“I don’t know Jacob,” I said meekly just telling the truth, “I think Edward is trying to save Vierra’s life… like he did before,”

“Save her?” He suddenly screamed, “You think he saved her? He killed her. He took her and turned her into a soul-sucking monster. You really think he saved her? It’s bad enough you want to be just like them,”

Before Vierra, Jacob would be trying to capture my heart with his charming smile and idiotic humor. Right now Jacob was probably restraining himself from ripping me to bits.

“Think about it Jacob,” I tried to formulate thoughts in my head, “If it weren’t for Edward Vierra wouldn’t be here… and you would of never met her,”

Before Vierra, none of this would of ever happened. Jacob turned around defeated and continued to walk paces in front of me. I didn’t know what to do anymore. All I knew was that I would have to trust Edward no matter what. He needed me to be there… and so did Vierra whether she knew it or not.

We continued to walk in silence for another fifteen minutes when I heard a rustling in the bushes. Jacob heard it too quickly halting to a stop and standing very still.

“Bella,” He whispered to me, “I want you to stay here. Don’t move,”

He cautiously took a step forward and began to part the bushes when there was a hiss. Jacob suddenly transformed into a werewolf and leapt through the bushes. I ran to see what was going on and saw Demitri standing there with a dead animal carcass laying in his hands and blood dripping from his face.

“Jacob no!” I screamed and Demitri’s face clung up staring me in the eyes.

I’d never noticed how beautiful he was. I mean I knew had to be remotely good looking, but he was more so than I thought. He had lucid red eyes and a honey golden tinted hair. His skin looked like it was made out of porcelain and his movements were graceful like a butterfly.

Jacob let out a thunderous howl and went to ounce on Demitri when he suddenly grabbed him from the hind leg and threw him across the forest. Demitri looked down at the devoured animal and shook his head in distaste before looking back and me and turning around to leave.

Jacob was very persistent though, he flung his body at Demitri’s back. A seond before Jake would of made contact Demitri spun around hitting him back in the other direction.

“You’ll never win,” He said darkly as he tried to walk away once more.

Jacob didn’t know how to quit though. Demitri was obviously trying his best to restrain himself and walk away, which Jake was making very hard for him to do.

Demitri ran over to Jacob and picked him up by the fur on his neck and began walking. He turned around to look at me, “Come on, we’re going to the Cullens,”

I followed closely behind unsure of what else might be in the forest. We got there rather quickly and Demitri knocked on the door as I hold a werewolf by the neck was a normal thing to do. It was like he was making a delivery. Edward came and answered the door clearly shocked.

“I believe you lost your dog,” He said monotone.

“Bella come inside,” Edward motioned stepping aside, “Thank you Demitri,”

“Don’t let it happen again,” He dropped Jacob on the doorstep and then finally was able to walk away peacefully. Demitri stopped and turned around slowly connecting eyes with Edward.

“She’s awake,”

Before Vierra, my life would of never been complete.