Status: Discontinued? Finished? Hiatus? ... UNWRITTEN.

Moonless Night

Welcome Back

-EDWARD CULLEN-

Bella immediately went to hug Vierra suddenly stopping halfway there. Vierra wore a cold, hard expression looking at us in an analyzing way. She seemed to be having an internal battle with herself her eyes flicking to an unusual shade of maroon.

‘I have to discuss something very important with you’ Vierra looked at Bella and I knew exactly what she meant and then continued to speak out loud, “Congratulations on your engagement,” Her eyes flickered again, like a burning flame.

“Thank you,” Bella said. She was about to say something else when suddenly another figure was flung through the open window and landed at Vierra’s side planting a kiss on her flawless cheek. Bella was genuinely shocked, “You’re here too Demitri,”

“I heard you two were getting married,” He stated casually, “Vierra was going to come and wherever she goes I go,” That wasn’t completely true, but valid enough.

“Bella, Edward!” Jacob’s voice boomed through the house. Instantaneously Vierra tensed up and Demitri flung his arm over her shoulders keeping it there loosely.

“Bell…” Jacob peeked into the room. I could feel his body perk up instantly and his thoughts were suddenly full of rainbows and sunshine that is until he saw Demitri. Demitri gave a menacing smirk and then I realized he knew all along about Jacob’s infatuation.

I tried to probe into this thoughts, but he had shielded them away thinking of nothing other than how nice the weather was. He had thoroughly thought out his plan on the way here. He just looked at Jacob emotionlessly.

Carlisle was tying his tie when he was passing the room and stopped short when he noticed the growing meeting in my bedroom, “Vierra, back so soon. Wonderful, we shall do it like this every time, and Demitri, welcome again,”

Demitri nodded with the utmost respect, he was always one of the most polite members of the guard, “Thank you Carlisle, Aro sends his regards, he hopes to see you soon,” The next statement caught me off gaurd, “I believe he plans on making a trip over here to see you and the family actually”

I’m sure Aro would want to see Carlisle… right after he was done with Bella. That’d be over my dead body of course. Vierra looked at Demitri strangely and he shrugged it off looking back at Jacob. ‘Ignore him’ Vierra’s voice rang in my head. I was trying my best.

“Well, I hope to see you all later,” Carlisle said goodbye and went on his way back to work. That was when all hell broke out.

“Vierra!” Jacob began to run over when he was immediately intercepted by Demitri.

“Where do you think you’re going mutt?” Demitri threw Vierra behind him looking up to Jacob who towered over him about a foot. Demitri though didn’t look threatened at all and just smiled. He knew something that we didn’t.

‘Edward,’ Vierra said calmly, ‘Demitri has permission to kill him if he step out of line’

I acted fast grabbing Jacob by the arms and carrying him out through the door and down the stars quickly calling out, “I’ll be right back Bella. You and Vierra have some catching up to do, right?”

“What are you doing, I could’ve taken him,” Jacob roared.

“Shut up for a second,” I calmed myself down, “I don’t know why he’s here yet. We don’t want to cause any trouble, especially with the Volturi. We could be putting Bella back in harms way for all we know,”

“Are you saying Vierra is trying to hurt Bella?” Jacob started shaking uncontrollably.

There was no use trying to logically reason with him, “Of course not, it’s Demitri we have to watch out for,”

“Why couldn’t you just say that to begin with?” Jacob looked bewildered, I guess being a werewolf made him bipolar… or maybe it was just Jacob in general.

“We have to make sure we know what’s going on before we act, we can’t afford to guess and be rash,” Jacob nodded in agreement. The only problem was I was reassuring myself more then him.