Status: Discontinued? Finished? Hiatus? ... UNWRITTEN.

Moonless Night

The Princess

-VIERRA ELIZABETH ROSE-

Demitri had left early this morning. Aro hadn’t really wanted him to come along and called him back to attend to other more important matters. He had already gotten his point across to Jacob and left quietly thanking Carlisle for his hospitality.

“You hear, a storms coming in. It’s supposed to be a big one,” Emmett smirked. It had been a long time since I had played a good game of family baseball. I heard last time they had played was when James, Victoria, and Laurent were coming through. That caused a whole scandal by itself.

“Is the human coming?” Rosalie sneered and I just smiled to myself. Some things never change.

“I’d advise against it,” Jasper said and sat down, “Though nobody ever listens to me,” We were all huddled around the kitchen table conversing and laughing about everything imaginable. Someone could actually mistake us for a regular family.

“Ah it’s my fine family,” Carlisle walked into the room, “I presume Emmett has told everyone about the fortunate weather,”

“You bet,” Emmett looked up winking at him.

Edward then walked in with Isbella on his arm. The room suddenly became still. Everyone knew something they didn’t; “I trust that we’re playing baseball later,”

“Well, maybe not all of us,” I looked at Isabella who squirmed uncomfortabley under my gaze like an experiment under a microscope, “Perhaps Isbella could go hang out with Jacob this time,”

“That’s a wonderful idea actually,” Carlisle, said merrily, “Bella doesn’t need to be exposed to the cold and rain,” Edward seemed to agree giving Bella virtually no choice.

The rest of the day seemed to breeze on by. Edward was getting ready to take Isabella to La Push and Emmett was keeping busy by loading the car with gear. I never really understood why we actually took cars, but it didn’t affect me much.

“Lets get going already,” Emmett shut the trunk and banged on the hood trying to get everyone’s attention, “People we don’t have all night,”

“Actually, we do,” I retorted getting into the passenger’s seat of the car. Within second Emmett was ready to go in the driver’s seat and the rest of the family flooded out of the house getting into their respective places. Edward and Rosalie got into the back and Emmett took off hurtling out of the garage.

“Someone’s a tad bit too excited,” Rosalie stated.

“I wonder who that could be,” Emmett was literally bouncing in his seat, “You’re going to have to calm down Edward,”

Edward looked up incredulously, “I could beg to differ,”

The small things like this are what I miss about my family. The dumbest moments the totally trivial things that meant the world to me. All of the things that defined life before Isabella Swan came along as a synonym.

We got there in five minutes and started unloading the car when there was a repulsive smell lingering in the air. I’d never smelt anything like it before and braced myself.

“Get a whiff of that,” Emmett smiled like a little kid trying to cover up a fart, such an immature guy for 105 some odd years. I jumped out the window not bothering to open the door. I took a protective stance and looked around trying to find the source of the stench. In the back of my mind I knew where it was coming from.

“Come on,” I said in a normal tone, any vampire would able to hear perfectly fine, “Show yourself. Come on out already and it’ll make this a whole lot easier,”

The smell died down and a boy with blond, wavy hair stepped out from the bushes. He looked to be about twenty and resembled Carlisle to a certain degree, all except for one trait. This guy’s eyes were bright red, just as I thought…

I stood up straight and walked towards the tense figure at a human rate, “You must be the last one,” He watched me carefully ready to pounce at any moment. He knew what I was and I knew what he was, now all we had to do was fill in the in between part, “You were part of Riley’s army,”

‘Leave him alone V,’ Edward said, ‘I promised we’d treat him well,’

“The one who got away…” I purred, “It’s nice to meet you Fred,” I stuck out my hand and after a moment he took it reluctantly, “I’m Vierra Elizabeth Rose Cullen,”

Fred’s eyes opened with realization, “They told me about you. After Riley led us into the open I left on my own journey. I was adamant to see the world, the vampire world. I ran into the Denali coven, they talked fondly of the Cullens,” He paused to take a breath, “And then there was the princess…”