Status: Discontinued? Finished? Hiatus? ... UNWRITTEN.

Moonless Night

Promises

-VIERRA ELIZABETH ROSE-

“So, let me get this straight…” I began, “The Volturi… is coming after you… because… of Isabella?”

“Yes, something like that,” Edward answered.

We were sitting across from each other at the kitchen table discussing life in general… or well, lack of life in this case.

“And Isabella wants to be a vampire… and the Volturi wants her to be a vampire… except you… don’t want her to be a vampire?” I asked.

“Why do you continue to call her Isabella when I told you Bella is perfectly fine?”

“Because truthfully, I don’t like her very much. Now don’t change the subject,” I stated bluntly, “You do know Aro, Marcus, and Caius will come after you. They don’t forget anything. And the Volturi… they don’t give second chance. They won’t hesitate to kill you and then turn her themselves”

“It can wait,” Edward, growled aggravated.

“I know, but for how long?” I asked concerned, “I can try to hold them off, but eventually they’ll find out and come themselves, what if they brought the wives?”

“So let them,” he muttered.

“Edward Anthony Masen, it’s so much more than that! Why can’t you see what’s going on right in front of you?” Why couldn’t he wrap his mind around that fact that he was putting everyone in danger including Isabella?

I was about to open my mouth again, “Edward…?”

Isabella is back….

‘We’ll finish this later Edward,’ I thought and he looked at me nodding and then got up and walked over to Isabella.

Now what am I supposed to do? Maybe I could go cause some problems somewhere. What about those wolves… I’m sure they wouldn’t mind a visit from a foreign stranger, right?

I got up and headed towards the door, “I’m going out, I’ll be back later,” I told Edward who was sitting in the living room with Isabella.

“Where are you going?”

I opened the door, “I told you, out”

Once I was outside, I ran right into the woods and slipped off my clothes tying them to my leg using a rubber band I always kept around my wrist. I started to run again and felt my body start to morph returning back to nature.

Running on all fours I shook out my fur. It felt got to finally be able to stretch out and be free. I ran right towards the Quileute land, it’d be nice to finally see the beaches. I’ve heard La Push is rather nice… not that any of the Cullens had ever been there.

I was right on the boarder of Forks and La Push and sent out an ear-splitting howl. Someone should be coming to inspect what’s going on.

A small wolf with sand colored fur came sprinting up to me. He motioned for me to follow him and I happily obliged. This was what I was here for anyway. I raced after him as he led me deeper into the woods. He picked up speed running through a wall of foliage. When I broke through catching up I saw a rather young boy sitting on a log. He looked to only be around 13, but he was built like a man.

I changed back into my human form and slipped on my clothes, “You’re Seth aren’t you.”

“And you’re the girl from a few nights ago. I knew it was you the moment I saw your eyes. I’d remember those eyes anywhere, no matter what color they were”

That was the only thing wolves got to keep. They could change their hair color, their personality, everything, but the eyes of a wolf never changed from human form. My normal red eyes turned limpid as a wolf, all traces of red and gold relinquished.

I stared at him. His expression didn’t falter as my eyes began to return to their red, vampirism state, “You’re one of them, that explains how you were able to attack the Cullens without them fighting back. Then how, a vampire? A wolf?”

“It’s a long story. Not something you should know, or be worrying about. You’re too young to be exposed to all heinous things that go on outside this forest,” I felt bad not telling him about reality while a the same time I felt he needed to be sheltered.

“I thought you were very pretty when I first saw you in the clearing. I know my pack mates all thought similarly,” He smiled widely not even showing the slight bit of embarrassment, “Especially Jacob. Where are you from?”

“I’m originally from Chicago, Edward and I grew up together. After I became a vampire I found myself under the care of Carlisle, he’s the one who turned Edward and me. I stayed with the Cullens for many years. Actually, it’s only up until Isabella came into the picture I went to Volterra. I’ve been living there ever since,” I told him.

I don’t know what possessed me to tell him all the information, but there was just something about him that made me want to tell him. It was like he was a curious little boy who wanted to know about the world and I was the mentor to show him. Well, a rather horrible mentor to have.

“Do you have powers like Edward?” Seth asked suddenly very excited with the fact he asked a question and I actually answered.

“Well, they say vampires who have special traits were influenced through their human lives. Edward was very patient as a human so he can read minds. I guess because of that and the fact that we were very close as humans we’re able to communicate mentally, only us. Other than that I’m a wolf, that’s pretty big. Carlisle thinks I had shape shifter genes in me similar to you,” Then I stopped to think if I should tell him the last part, “And there’s one more thing…”

“What is it?” His eyes lie up growing bigger by the second.

“Compulsion,” I whispered quietly, more to myself than him.

“That’s so cool! Have you ever used it before?”

“I try not to. People should make choices on their own free will whether they I like them or not. There are restrictions though; it only works on certain people. That’s something I haven’t quite figured out, not do I plan to”

“But Vierra, it’s so cool!” Seth jumped up very excited.

‘V, where are you?’ I heard Edward’s voice ringing in my head.

‘I’ll be back soon, hold on,’ I replied.

“Sorry Seth, I got to go, Edward called,” He laughed a low chuckle, “But Seth, you have to keep everything I told you a secret. I know you can do it.”

He nodded agreeing and I got up to leave. Before I reached the end of the break in the trees Seth’s voice rang out, “You know Vierra, I’m glad I met you. You will come back, won’t you?”

“Of course, I’ll try,”

“You promise?”

“I’m glad I got to meet you too bud, I promise,” I said on a land in which I didn’t belong on, and with that I left.