Overnight Sensation

06

“So, where were you guys earlier?”, Jack asked after he took a sip of his orange juice.

I looked up from my plate of salad and exchanged glances with Zack. “Uhm, actually, we went to this place in the woods. It’s my favorite place.”

“Really? I’m so bummed you didn’t wake me up.”, Alex pouted.

“If you guys want to, we could go back there this afternoon.”

Jack’s and Alex’s eyes lit up, their lips forming into wide smiles. “Yes please!”

I nodded and smiled at their expressions, which were like little kids’. After breakfast, the guys decided to take a swim in the ocean. I sat down on the beach, with my legs pulled onto my chest.

This morning couldn’t get off from my head. I didn’t know why, but I love spending some quality time with Zack, just the two of us. I love how his eyes would reflect me when he looked at me, and how he smiled. It plastered on my mind.

Alex jumped onto Zack’s back, making both of them fell into the water. I laughed hard at the view. It felt like, being with the boys, especially Zack, made me feel alive again, after three weeks of being a walking corpse.

After the incident with Nat, I didn’t even want to go out of bed. I just laid on my bed all day, and all night, not giving any damn about the outer world. I shut everyone out of my life, except for Rachel.

Rachel kept me company, she would stay over my house, stroking my hair and listened to me crying like a mad woman every night. She pushed me out from my bed and the night I met Zack, was the very first night I went out from my house.

Suddenly, Rian sat beside me. I looked at him and smiled. “Why aren’t you in the water?”

“Nah, I don’t wanna get wet yet.”

I nodded. We sat in silent for a minute, until he cleared his throat. “Sash, can I talk to you about something?”

“Sure, what is it, Ri?”

“Actually, it’s about Zack.”

“O…kay.”

“I know you guys have been getting closer for the past few days.”

I nodded, turning my whole torso to his direction, interested on the conversation. “Then?”

“You know that he has a girlfriend back in the states right?”

A lump rose in my throat. Suddenly, the sand that covered my feet felt cold, I had to snatched it back up. “Yeah.”

“Well, I know how it felt to be cheated on, and probably you too, so I just want to say, please don’t make him cheat on his girlfriend. I like you as my friend, Sasha, and he’s my friend too, I don’t want him to do something stupid while we’re here.”
I smiled bitterly and patted his shoulder. “I’ll keep that in mind, Rian. Thanks.”

“No, thank you.”, he smiled and nudged my rib with his elbow.

“Anyway, I think I gotta go. My shift at the club starts early tonight.”

“Okay, I’ll tell the guys. but, how about that place of yours you wanted to show us?”

“Tomorrow, I promise.”

He smiled and I walked away as I waved back at him. when I was out of sight, I rushed to the locker room and pulled my bag out from my locker. my heart beat like a humming bird, I could even heard them in my ears. The lump in my throat grew bigger, as if it was tumor.

The manager was shouting at me for not being at work, but I told him that I need some private time. He just nodded and let me go. When I was already in my car, I sighed and buckled my seatbelt.

My fingers tapped onto my steering wheel as I drove back home. when I pulled up on my driveway, I could see Rachel, sitting on the porch, waving at me. My vision clouded by tears and I quickly rushed out from the car, and into her arms.

“Sash, are you okay?”, Rachel asked warily. I shook my head and she pulled me into my house. She sat me down on the couch and wrapped her arm around my shoulder. I leaned my head on her shoulder and bawled my eyes out.

I wasted all day to drawn my tears out until it was already 6 PM. I sat up straight and wiped all my tears away. Rachel still sat next to me like a best friend she was and smiled. “Mind telling me what’s wrong?”

“I don’t know.”, I said in a husky voice. “I think I like him, but he has a girlfriend, and I don’t want him to cheat on her with me.”

“Him, as in Zack?”

“Yea.”, I chuckled.

Rachel pulled me into a hug and stroked the back of my head. “Honey, it’s okay to fall in love again.”

“He has a girlfriend, Rae, and I don’t want him to cheat on her. I know how it feels to be cheated on.”

She nodded. After that, I went to my bedroom to take a shower and changed for work. The drive to the club was filled with our little chatter, catching up what had I missed for three weeks.

I pulled up at my usual parking lot behind the club and Rachel quickly pulled me to back door. Queen greeted us with smiles and probably happy with her husband. As Rachel set up some tables and helped Mick, the bartender, I went to the lockers to sorted my CDs.

“Hey, Sasha!”, Sandy chirped and sat in front of me. “Can I borrow that rad CD you played the other night?”

I raised both of my brows and chuckled. “Which CD?”

“I think it’s your own remix.”

“Kiss My Sass?”

She nodded vigorously and grinned. “Yes, that one!”

“Okay, but be sure to use it carefully, okay?”, I told her as I handed her the wrapped CD. She nodded again and walked away. When it was already my time to go on, I picked up my CDs folder and headphones, walking out to the station.

The crowd quickly filled up the whole club, as in there won’t be tomorrow. I put on Ke$ha’s Your Love Is My Drug, and suddenly, I felt someone was standing at the bottom of the station.

I took off my headphones and peeked to the bottom side, and saw Zack, grinning up at me. “What are you doing?!”, I asked him, surprised.

“I kinda wanted to ask you why you left so quickly before.”

It was weird to talk like this, so I decided to go down. When I was already in front of him I sighed. “I forgot that I had to go out with Rachel.”

He nodded and we stayed in an awkward silent for a few moments. “Hey, do you want to dance?”

My eyes widened on his offer. “Dance? With you?”

“I don’t see anyone else, offering you to dance.”, he laughed.

“O-Okay.”

“Great.”, he pulled me to the middle of the dance floor and we just hit it off. He put on his hands on my hips and I threw my arms around his neck. We kind of grinned on each other, and I couldn’t control my sanity.

Suddenly, he leaned down and pressed his lips on mine. That was the point my mind quickly filled in the memory when I caught Nat cheating. I quickly pulled away and just looked at him.

“I-I can’t do this.”, I stuttered and tears quickly came onto my eyes. “I’m really sorry.”

I pushed my way out from the crowd and ignored Zack, calling my name.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay,i especially put Your Love Is My Drug for this story,it applies Sasha so bad:3