A Little Piece Of Heaven

Swallow your pride or you're gonna choke on it.

I got brass knuckles hangin' from my neck and my chain.

We sang along with Good Charlotte as we got ready. Kerry was curling my hair and Treva was putting her heels on.

We're getting ready to go out for my baccalaureate party, just me Treva, and Kerry. Val and Jessica agreed to watch the kids and keep a check on the guys across the street.

Kerry laid the curling iron down and looked herself over in the mirror.

"Let's go! Ivy! It's your last night of freedom! Drink it up!" Kerry said then threw her arms into the air.

"Hell yeah!" I yelled then we walked out of the room and downstairs.

Kerry turned all the lights off and we went out to the suv.

I climbed into the drivers seat, waited for everyone else to get in, then backed out of the driveway.

"Yay music!" Treva yelled then demanded we play Green Day.

Kerry pushed the cd in...reluctantly.

I've got a knack for fucking everything up!!

"There! Johnny's bar! Where we first fucking met!" Kerry said over excitedly. She'd had a little bit to drink before we left.

"Okay!" I yelled over the music then pulled into the parking lot, I parked, got out, stuck the keys down my shirt for safe keeping then slammed the doors.

"Boo!" Jimmy yelled then clamped his hands over my eyes. He picked me up and spun me around in a circle.

"What the fuck?!" I yelled, I could feel my stomach turning.

"You're getting married tomorrow! I cant believe my little Ivy is getting married." He said as he put me down. I staggered around until I fell flat on my ass.

Kerry and Treva laughed, Jimmy smiled then fell down too.

Treva's face was screaming I've got one hell of a statement to make. She finally broke out laughing.

"You're name is St. Jimmy, you're a son of a gun!" She said through her laughter.

"You're name is Treva and you're a bitch!" He said then laughed.

"You're both retarded!" I said then got up, Jimmy used me to help him up then went over to Kerry.

"What are you doing here?" she asked as she wrapped her arms around his waist.

It was dark, but you could tell there was one hell of a time going on in that bar.

"We came here for Brian's party, but since you're here we'll just make it one big fun time!" He said then threw his arms in the air.

"Woo!" I said then ran into the bar, to find Brian of course.

I spotted him, he was playing pool with Matt. I sneaked up behind him and put my hands over his eyes.

"Who is it?!" He said, he totally knew it was me. He tried turning around but everywhere he turned I turned.

"Okay! I cant take it anymore! It's Ivy!" Matt yelled.

"You ruined it." I said then slapped his arm.

"Ow! You bitch!" He yelled as he rubbed his elbow.

"I know it." I smiled proudly.

"What are you doing here?"

"I think the better question would be, what are you doing here?"

He laughed, "I'm playing pool."

"Ah, I knew we'd end up spending tonight together." I smiled.
--
"You know what...Zack has...FOUR eyes!" Kerry yelled then giggled hysterically.

By now I was seeing double and Kerry was probably seeing triple. I sat down on the hood of the car and pulled Kerry down next to me. She giggled then watched Brian and Matt pass Johnny around. It's amazing they weren't falling over.

"Dude! We gotta get home!" Treva yelled after she glanced down at her watch.

"Whhyyyyy?!" Johnny whined.

"It's three in the morning."

"Oh shit! Brian! You get your ass home yo!" I yelled then startedwalking staggering towards home. None of us were sober enough to drive.

"Ivy! Ivy! Ivy! Wait up man!" Kerry yelled as she chased me. I stopped and waited.

"Let's wait for Treva, you know we cant leave her. She's a bridesmaid too...and who's your maid of horror?" she asked then held her hand to her ear, waiting for the answer.

"Jimmy....'s wife." I said. She smiled.

"That's fucking right!"

Treva looked back at us, a panicked expression on her face. She quickly kissed Johnny and caught up.

We locked arms and staggered home with Treva singing Longview at the top of her lungs.

A song about masturbation isn't the best song to be singing at the top of your lungs, drunk, at three in the morning as you're walking through a neighborhood.

We ended up running from the cops and hiding behind some old woman's house. Soon enough we were inside Kerry's house. I collapsed on the couch, Kerry took the love seat and I don't know where the hell Treva went.

I'm nervous about tomorrow, but excited. It's been long enough, we've taken a long hard road here. But I wouldn't change it for anything.

I love him.