Status: NEW UPDATE! I'm back to finish this guys! We are going all the way ;)

Forced Affection

Outbursts.

There was no point in pretending everything was ok. As soon the light came in through my eyes and I started waking up reality came rushing back. My uncle Mason was dead and my brother was in a comma. It took me a minute to get my senses back. I was under my doona on my new bed I could determine that. There was a warm body next to me. I felt an arm around my waist and another brushing the hair away from my face.
‘Lachlan?’ I called thinking it was him, he was after all the only male I had ever shared a bed with.
‘Who’s Lachlan?’ came a husky voice that was hurt. I had never heard Leo like that before and decided that I never wanted to hear him like that again, the jealousy was over powering and even the hurt tuned out the bored tone I was use to.
‘Leo. Is it true?’ I asked sitting up in the bed.
‘Should I be concerned about this Lachlan guy?’ Leo asked sitting up next to me.
‘Don’t you dare try and pick an argument with me right now. Mason is dead and Alex is dying. I didn’t dream that, did I?’ I snapped facing Leo wanting to argue just to deny the pain I was feeling right now.
‘Yes it is true. And if I want to argue with you I will’ Leo snapped and got out of bed. Slamming the door he went into the bathroom.
‘Leo’ I called not wanting to be alone and already shocked that we were arguing. It seemed like the only thing we could do was argue, even when I just wanted to cry.
‘What?’ he called through the door.
‘Time?’ I quizzed.
‘7:30pm’ Leo replied back and opened the door. I climbed out of bed and walked over to the box that now lay forgotten.
‘Will we still get there in time?’ I asked pulling the dress out and facing Leo who was leaning on the door frame staring out at me confused.
‘We aren’t going out.’ Leo said still staring at me.
‘Why not?’ I asked taking off my jumper and standing in a singlet and tights.
‘Because Cortez I don’t want to put you through that. Martin annoys the crap out of me, on a good day I want to hit him could you imagine what it would be like today? Penelope tells me all about nice young woman she knows, who I should meet. Craig will get drunk enough to take the edge out of his comments but mostly he will embarrass Arianna eventually. Nick and Thomas will mess with the waiters; Ashlea will get annoyed with everyone and eventually shout at someone. Drew will be busy chatting up any woman that walks past. His mother will glare at me the entire time and even you. And worst of all Skye is a horny whore today who has been only thinking about the last time we had sex in attempt to make me leave with her’ Leo was saying as I cut him off.
‘What only a whore today? Is that an exception?’ I snapped not even thinking about the repercussions.
‘Please Cortez restrain from insulting strangers you haven’t even known for 5 minutes. Anyway I thought you wouldn’t want to deal with all that so I said we wouldn’t be attending.’ Leo responded rubbing his neck and still leaning on the frame.
‘Yes because I would much rather stay here dwelling on the fact that my uncle was killed today and my brother is in a comma!’ I shouted at Leo as I took off my singlet and threw it at him.
‘Cortez,’ Leo began.
‘What Parker?’ I snapped putting the dress on over my head.
‘If you want to go hurry up and get ready’ Leo said taking off his shirt and finding a suit from the other cupboard on the other side of the room.
‘Thank you’ I whispered in a barely audible tone, the pain was raw and I wasn’t hiding anything.
I felt Leo’s arms wrap around me. I let go and collapsed in his arms, letting him hold me. It was funny how quickly things changed between us. Apparently it only takes an annoying step uncle, a death of a loved one, a flirtatious cousin and an injury leaving my brother in a comma for this change to occur; yeah we weren’t asking much at all.
Leo let go of me and went back to get ready. I put the dress on over my head, pulled it down and removed my tights. All of a sudden I didn’t feel as sexy as I had before, my boobs were in my face and my legs were showing too much skin. I felt like a whore and I wanted to cry again. I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I looked horrible, my eyes were swollen and red, my cheeks had mascara running down them, my hair that had been down turned into a messy frizz and my nose was red raw from rubbing it. I sighed loudly and grabbed a blue cardigan out of my cupboard, after all it was cold. Walking past Leo feeling very self conscious I tried to avoid his eye contact. I closed the bathroom door and washed my face, looking for my makeup I started trying to make myself look reasonable. I applied foundation and blush, before some mascara and a light amount of eye shadow to hide the redness; I put on clear lip gloss and felt mildly satisfied. Still looking at my hair I felt as if the attempt was wasted. I found a pearl head band and put it in my hair before placing it up in a messy bun and leaving a few loose curls hang around. Leo opened the door and smirked ‘ready?’ he questioned looking me up and down in the mirror.
‘Presentable?’ I questioned trying to ignore the butterflies I had in my stomach.
‘Enough’ Leo replied before walking out. Apparently I was supposed to follow. I grabbed my clutch and followed suit after grabbing some black heels to go with the outfit.
‘Bike?’ Leo questioned when he opened the front door and closed it behind me.
‘Not in this dress.’ I replied walking down the steps towards his Porsche.
‘Yeah but taking my bike will get us there quicker’ he replied walking towards his Ducati.
‘Parker there is no chance’ I responded opening his door.
‘Cortez, we are taking the bike’ Leo said swinging his leg over and put a helmet on.
‘Parker, not in this dress unless you want me to flash my underwear to everyone?’ I snapped sitting down in the Porsche.
‘But the bike...’ Leo tried.
‘No. Now get in or I will drive this and you can drive that’ I said nodding towards his bike.
‘I don’t think it would be good if we turned up separately’ Leo laughed.
‘Fuck you. Now get in Parker’ I snapped.
‘Geez you’re a slave driver. And don’t think of this as a win for you just coz I’m taking the Porsche’ Parker replied walking to the driver side car.
‘Thanks, now hurry up’ I said making him hurry.

It was a half an hour trip to ‘La Bella’ the restaurant where the dinner was being held.
‘There will be journo’s be careful they will want pictures and ask questions, please don’t answer let me do all the talking and well ignoring’ Leo said as we pulled up at the front of ‘La Bella’.
My door was opened and so was Leo’s. He gave his key to the belair and waited for me to get around and that was it. The cameras started flashing and the questions started being shouted, Leo snaked his arm around my waist and pulled me closer, not smiling he gently pushed me forward towards the door.
‘Parker, how long is this relationship going to last? Is this just another whore?’ one journalist was game enough to shout out. Even I turned around to snap at the journalist, but Leo’s hand went straight to my mouth and held it closed for a split second.
‘Michaels, how long is this new job going to last? Is that another step in your ever increasing career that hasn’t been going anywhere for the past decade?’ Leo snapped at him as the man hung his head in embarrassment and walked away.
‘Excuse me Miss Cortez, is it true your Uncle was killed and your brother injured today? What will you and Mr. Parker do about it? Is this engagement the real thing-will there be an announcement being made soon?’ shouted a small fragile girl on my right side near the door. The little girl was so small I felt as if I had to answer.
‘Don’t fall for it. Do not answer any of her questions ever. She will take everything out of context’ Leo whispered into my ear where he pushed me through the door into the restaurant.
‘Please right this way Mr. Parker. The family is waiting and the area is all blocked off for your safety. Miss Cortez, you look beautiful’ said a short woman who led us to a closed off area.
‘Thanks Melinda’ he said opening the door and making our grand entrance into the room full of his family sitting and silent. Ashlea spotted us first.
‘Oh you came’ she squealed jumping straight up and running to us.
‘Yes, Cortez wanted to’ Leo said walking away from me and sitting next to Drew on the side of the square table.
‘Sit next to him’ Ashlea whispered so quietly into my ear when she hugged me.
‘I said I would be here didn’t I?’ I smiled walking towards Leo as Ashlea took her seat in between Nick and Thomas. I went to sit next to Leo, who would also mean sitting next to Jensen, but Leo stood up and moved a seat down, clearly he was trying to dictate my every move. Not wanting to cause a scene I sat in between Leo and Drew. Next to Drew were his mother and then Skye. Skye sat next to Thomas. Next to Leo were Jensen, Penelope and then Martin. Craig had strategically place Arianna in between Martin and himself as Nick sat on his other side. This left Ashlea in between the two boys.
There was no need to order meals as the set 4 course meals was already decided by Arianna; she had after all planned this night to go perfectly. The bread and salad came out almost as soon as we had sat down and followed closely by the entree. Sitting in between Drew and Leo didn’t worry me, and well honestly I was happy that Leo wasn’t near Skye, especially after what he had told me. Sitting around with Leo and his immediate family made me feel homesick. I wished it had been my family and even more I wished I didn’t feel like an outsider. Everyone was chatting and getting along, leaving me to sit in silence and stare at my entree that I didn’t feel like eating. I took a deep sigh not even trying to draw anyone’s attention. Leo’s hand went straight to my lap and squeezed my knee even though he was in conversation with Jensen.
‘So here we are a different dinner, maybe you won’t be so rude this time?’ Drew whispered to me causing me to smile as I shifted in my seat to look at him.
‘I can’t make any promises, especially if the food is bad. I might have to be rude and throw it at someone and well a little warning you are within the distance of being classed as an immediate threat’ I replied laughing quietly.
‘Well if you can control the anger for a split second make sure you hesitate and think-I can’t throw this on Drew and then chuck it on Leo. I think he would appreciate it a bit more as well’ Drew answered winking at me as he patted Leo on the back.
‘Well I shall try. I can’t be sure there will be that hesitation but I will try just for you’ I said taking a sip of my wine that was on the table. I wasn’t a wine drinker in fact I hated it, but it was being supplied so I may as well take advantage of it.
‘I hate wine, is that not the worst drink ever?’ Drew asked nodding to my glass.
‘Oh for sure, it is not good at all. I really can’t say I like it, but I do prefer the white wine over the red’ I answered not minding the small chit chat that was keeping me distracted from the conversations around me and my own thoughts.
‘Oh look at her mother, she is a whore, she isn’t even paying attention to Leo’ snapped a voice from down the table that I immediately recognised as Skye’s.
‘So, umm...’ Drew said talking louder as he quickly glared at Skye before turning back to me.
‘Hmm yeah. Well umm...you control emotions?’ I tried taking a very long sip of the wine; all of a sudden the taste didn’t matter as much as it had before.
‘Yeah something like that. I don’t control them but I can influence them easily, generally’ Drew replied taking a sip of his beer and looking relatively happy that I had ignored his sister’s comment.
‘Anyone you are unable to influence?’ I questioned after realising I had finished the glass of wine.
‘There hasn’t ever been anyone, but you’ Drew replied smiling.
‘Really? Wow I knew you had tried on me. I felt it but ignored it, I just assume anyone could’ I responded pouring myself a glass of water.
‘Nope you’re the lucky first! Nobody can ignore it, not even Parker-however he can read my mind and well makes me stop it’ Drew said laughing slightly.
‘Yeah he seems to do that rather well from what I have gotten’ I said smiling back feeling the conversation wearing thin.
‘Like you would know?! Can he read your mind yet?’ Drew asked me jokingly as if we were old friends.
‘Um he claims he can’t but there has been times where he has been to right with answering my questions I haven’t asked so I don’t believe him’ I said smiling and pouring myself another glass of water. I had no idea what was wrong with me but I had never felt so thirsty and I didn’t think wine was the appropriate drink to skull.
By now the soup had came out and we were moving onto the main meal. As Leo had predicted, Thomas and Nick had been messing with the waiters all night telling them wrong information and yelling at them, just amusing themselves. Ashlea looked as if she was going to cry and I wasn’t sure why. Craig seemed to be getting very tipsy and was moving towards the border line of a bit drunk, Arianna looked embarrassed and Martin was very red faced as if he had just had an argument. Penelope was now telling Leo about some young girls back in England that would be great marriage material. Jensen was smirking at the waitress and trying to compete with Leo at getting her number and I could tell right away that he wanted to get her number first just to prove Jensen wrong but was holding himself back. Skye continued bagging me out to her mother as I often heard ‘whore’, ‘cheap skank’ and ‘slutty slayer’ coming from her mouth which only lead to be getting disapproving glares from Drew’s mother. Drew however was the only one that wasn’t doing what Leo had predicted-he wasn’t trying to chat up any woman that walked pasted but rather just keep me entertained.
‘Really? Well if it helps you feel more reassured, he complains about not being able to read your mind all the time’ Drew answered me about Leo.
‘It does, well hopefully my thoughts are safe in my head’ I joked laughing at him.
‘Look at her could she flirt with Drew anymore?’ Skye snapped.
‘Well her thoughts might be safe in her head but I wished her actions where thought through first, look at the cleavage in that dress’ Janine replied. I tried to hide my hurt but I don’t think it worked. I automatically looked down at my boobs and pulled the dress up a bit, I then closed my cardigan hoping that would work.
‘Well this is awkward. Sorry about them’ Drew whispered to me.
‘I didn’t choose the dress, Leo did. I’m not a whore’ I blurted out before looking very embarrassed.
‘I know. Don’t worry’ Drew said turning red as well and looking away from me.
It was silent as the main meal came out and I had realised that this night that had started good was becoming increasingly tense and nasty. People that had once been quietly chatting were now slightly raising their voices, turning red and getting riled up very easily all looking for an argument.
‘You have no idea how many people’s emotions I’m trying to control and keep from someone’s temper getting the best of them’ Drew whispered to me as people causally ate and argued around the table. I couldn’t even be aware with what people were arguing about now but I could tell it was getting very hostile.
‘Are you controlling mine?’ I asked feeling the anger rise around me. Honestly this was for the triplets going away dinner why was everyone ruining it for them?
‘No I told you I can’t, even if I try really hard’ Drew replied taking a mouthful of rice.
‘Will you ever be able to control my emotions?’ I asked leaning in and getting a drink of wine this time. I couldn’t handle this anger and hostility anymore.
‘Um maybe but I can’t right now. Maybe you have to let me kind of’ Drew said not very sure.
‘Well when you’re around next let me know and we can try seeing if it would work. Sometimes I think it would be good if I couldn’t control my emotions’ I replied sadly thinking of Mason and Alex.
‘How much has that girl had to drink? What is she a hussy or an alcoholic? I can’t tell anymore! Who would want their son to marry that?’ Penelope snapped to Martin and I guess she didn’t realise I had overheard.
‘Fucking Whore. Why doesn’t she just ask Drew for a quickie now? What’s the point in just planning a date anyway?’ Skye snapped to Janine a bit louder than she intended.
Leo snarled at Penelope and turned around to have a go at Skye, I guess he had known that was coming and he had heard the remarks all night long but he wasn’t quick enough.
‘STOP’ I shouted standing up at the table, slamming my fists down. They want to see something besides a ‘hussy’ well here goes. I had no idea what I was doing. I was running on pure adrenaline. The idea of yelling at a room full of vampire and insulting most of them excited me. Everyone stared at me blankly, but the hostility obvious; nonetheless there was still silence as I grabbed everyone’s attention.
‘For your information Penelope, I had one glass of wine, then a couple of water. This is my second glass and well to put up with you, Skye and the loss I’m suffering from I would think I would need more. So no to answer your question I’m not an alcoholic and to answer Janine’s as well I’m not a hussy; the dress was chosen by Leo, so got any problems take them up with him’ I started snapping at Penelope and then glaring at Janine I don’t care if she was family or friends I was sick of being scrutinised.
‘Oh and Skye while we’re on the topic of Leo how about you stop calling me names and either attempt to clean yourself up and not look so trashy or move on. Honestly the idea of a obsessive chick you know you can have whenever you want doesn’t excite anyone not even Parker so I don’t know maybe try playing hard to get once in a while rather than the free whore on the side’ I snarled at her. I heard most people gasp and Leo’s hand grab mine and try and make me sit down. Drew must have been working overtime trying to stop everyone from killing me and control himself as I had insulted both his mother and sister.
‘Nick and Thomas a little respect. This dinner was held for you two and your sister stop ruining it and thank your mother for putting so much effort into it. Annoy those waiters one more time and I honestly hope they ask you to leave. Ashlea if you have a problem with the way everyone is treating you and acting don’t wait for them to stop, get up and do something about it’ I snapped not letting anyone out of this easily.
‘Arianna as lovely as this is, don’t let anyone else spoil your hard work. Don’t be afraid of yelling at your son’s, and sure as hell don’t let Craig get drunk enough to destroy your night. Tell him to slow down or sober up, this is your hard work not his’ I wasn’t finished there even though I probably should have, I mean I was already pushing my luck. Leo had let go of my hand and was about ready to give up or protect me from everyone when they attacked me-I wasn’t sure.
‘Craig’ I began as I saw him snarl and Leo shake his head ‘Seriously this is your own children’s going away dinner, don’t drink so much even if it means not having to listen to some fool. Have an issue with someone ignore them. Try and be the bigger person. How is it that you can rule a whole breed but is unable to deal with one idiot? Seriously toughen up, and deal with it’ apparently I had gone too far and not often was Craig told like that. Yep he had been burnt and he looked furious.
‘Martin, that idiot? Yeah it is you. No joke no one cares if you are the lord of Manchester, it hasn’t done much in a while for the world and well the soccer team has never been so pathetic so find a new topic unless you want to keep getting burnt about the world cup. Honestly you set yourself up for that!!’ I snapped almost being down with the whole room. Martin sat there looking just as furious and I’m sure it took all of Drew’s power not to let them get up and attack me.
‘And Jensen how about stop acting like a royal jerk and try being yourself rather than competing with your cousin in a pointless battle. When it comes down to it Leo will win simply because of his name, even if you are the nicer person. Just deal with it!’ on the home stretch now.
‘Oh and Skye before you make a snide remark for me not yelling about Drew listen up and listen up good. Drew I...I want you to take away the pain I feel about my family so when you are around next time it isn’t a date, it is an appointment and if it keeps everyone off my back I will pay for the treatment. I’m making it clear from the very start that it is strictly business nothing else at all’ I snapped thinking I had cleared up everything; I turned to Leo and took a deep breath this one would get me in trouble.
‘Funny she doesn’t complain about Leo’ Skye mumbled under her breath. Honestly the girl mustn’t be very smart; it is a silent room.
‘Wow you just love setting yourself up for this don’t you? Just give me a moment so I can get my breath back before I start on Parker, but since you have averted my attention again why don’t I start complaining about you again. What didn’t your parents ever teach you that if a man is taken it means stay away or do you just want to grow up as a home wrecker? I’ll give you time to think about it while I yell at Parker and then you can get back to me!’ I snapped again feeling the adrenaline die down but the pain still remain raw.
‘Parker. You have the worst mood swings ever, honestly make up your mine and stick to it, I’m getting whiplash trying to keep up with you. So if you want to continue playing stupid little games with your cousin, quick run off and get that girls number prove your better than him and if you want to continue your name as being a big time player, go out and fuck around but you better listen to Penelope because you’re going to need a woman from a different country who doesn’t know your reputation to ever be stupid enough to willingly marry you’ I finished. I held my gaze and saw the fury burning in his eyes of course no one had ever spoken to him like that before. I took my glass of wine and sculled it before picking up my clutch and getting ready to leave straight out of the door away for everyone in that room. I needed to save myself tonight because no one else was sure as hell wasn’t going to.
‘Hallie’ Arianna said as I stood at my chair putting my glass down. I was going to get a massive serving now. I turned around to see a room full of angry people but one. Arianna was beaming with the biggest smile on her face.
‘This is the girl. She will change the world for the best’ Arianna simply said as she raised her drink and had a drink. She sat back down in her seat and I felt uncomfortable, should I leave? I turned to take one more glance at Leo. ‘Sit’ he mouthed at me, the anger was clear. I think I may have embarrassed him.
Luckily for me, the waiters came in with the desserts, the last meal of the course. Hopefully it would keep the people from staring at me.
‘How hard are you working now?’ I mouthed to Drew when I caught his eye and everyone continued eating their desserts. Being unable to control himself Drew sniggered. I bit my lip trying my best not to laugh. I wasn’t going to get yelled at not after I had just dished out something this big to everyone else.
Leo’s hand found its way to the back of my neck. Slowly he turned my head to turn to look at Skye, her eyes were red, and she wanted to cry. He then moved my neck to look at Craig, he looked angry but there was a slight hint of proudness, I had stood up to everyone and was earning respect from Craig. He then made me look at Ashlea, I caught her eye and she winked at me. Did that mean everything was going to be ok?
‘We should leave soon’ Leo whispered to me even though in this silence everyone would hear it anyway. After all they were vampires.
‘I think it is best we leave now. It was a lovely night Arianna, beautifully done. Drew I will see you Saturday for lunch. Nice meeting you all’ Janine said faking false politeness as she and Skye stood up and turned ready to leave. The silence remained in the room before Leo coughed and put his hand on my knee again. I raised my eye at him. What did he want? He patted my knee twice before starting.
‘We are going to give you some space tonight, let the air settle and we shall stay at my apartment. We will be around for lunch as planned and see how everything pans out after that. Don’t worry I will not kill her mother. She will be there alive and breathing tomorrow besides she is probably safer with me at this time anyway, I do after all care about myself enough not to hurt her.’ Leo finished, speaking of the deal almost reminding them that he couldn’t hurt me without hurting himself, still speaking to them as if I weren’t even in the room. I would definitely change that. Standing up and making me rise as well we left the room full of his family and made our way out to the foyer where Leo’s car keys were given to him and the car was brought around.
‘Ready for this drama again?’ Leo whispered into my ear.
‘Please after what I just did?’ I asked trying to think about it lightly. I knew there was a lecture from Leo coming.
‘Yeah well no doubt they know everything now. Skye that home wrecker probably told them’ Leo said making a joke out of what I had said. With that I hit him and walked out into the media frenzy we were expecting. Luckily it didn’t come though.
♠ ♠ ♠
here is the next part. enjoy it.