Status: NEW UPDATE! I'm back to finish this guys! We are going all the way ;)

Forced Affection

Star Cross Lovers.

‘I could really go for a smoke’ Leo said sitting next to me.
‘I don’t date smokers’ I said giggling. Yep the alcohol had really kicked in now.
‘Actually you do’ Leo said leaning on the wall waiting for a taxi.
‘Whatever. I could totally, not date you’ I said yawning as Leo looked up at me laughing.
‘No, no you couldn’t’ he responded.
‘Whatever tonight was shit and I’m very drunk’ I say laughing.
‘Yeah I will get you home and put you in bed. Deal with all this later’ he said trying to help me up as a cab pulled up. Leo helped me into the taxi and did up my seatbelt. Leo informed the guy of where we were going and I fell asleep almost straight away.

The sunlight flickered on my eyelids and I groaned. It was too early and I didn’t want to get out of bed. I was wrapped warmly in blanket and two arms. I tried to roll over but couldn’t move.
‘Mmm Leo’ I mutter licking my lips and pulling his arm from around my waist.
‘What?’ he whispered still asleep.
‘I’m going to be sick’ I reply. Leo lets go of me immediately and pushes me towards the end of the bed. I rush to the toilet and vomit up the remaining contents of my stomach.
I walk out of the bathroom to hear a knock on the door and sigh it was 8 in the morning. Leo turned over.
‘Get the door’ he said to me still half asleep. I look down to see my bra on the ground and dress lying in the middle of the room. I’m wearing an old jumper of Leo’s that comes to just above my knee. I was unaware of how I got in it, but I didn’t care. I opened the door to see Rae standing there half dead. She doesn’t bother saying anything, she just walks in and still practically asleep she crawls into my bed; unaware of Leo. Lying there she pulls the blanket over to cover her. I make my way back to the bed, neither realising the other is there. Rae moves and hits Leo, opening her eyes she screams at the top of her lungs. Leo is now entirely awake and so is the rest of the house.
‘What the hell is he doing here?’ Rae screams sitting up and pulling the blankets up to cover herself. On the other side of the bed Leo remained in just tracksuit pants.
‘I live here’ Leo responded.
‘And share the same bed apparently?’ Rae squealed again.
‘Please no loud noises’ I say turning and walking to my cupboard. I grab some leggings put them on and make my way downstairs to coffee.
I felt queasy and didn’t want to the headache to come quicker than it needed to. Walking into the kitchen Drew sat at the table, head bent over asleep, with a coffee and orange juice in either hand.
Arianna was at the stove with a frying pan making pancakes. There was no way I was eating anything for the next couple of hours, certainly not without vomiting it up everywhere.
‘Morning Hallie, sleep well?’ Arianna asked politely. I forced a smile and nodded. Billie walked through the other door way that lead to the dining room. She was all smiles and I was afraid.
‘What are you so happy about?’ I asked her frowning.
‘Not having a hangover like you’ she laughed grabbing my hand and pulling me into the dining room. There was a platter of pancakes, bacon, eggs, muffins and toast. A jug of orange juice, a pot of coffee and a pot of tea was also on the table, sitting there was Lucas, Avery, Rae and Leo. Drew was in the kitchen, Nathan was M.I.A and I didn’t want to know where Craig was at that moment, he would only be disgusted anyway so I didn’t care.
‘Do you always get served this when you’re hung over?’ I asked Leo sitting next to Lucas on the spare seat and resting my head on his shoulder as I yawned. Leo leant over and grabbed heaps of food.
‘Nah, normally mum only makes lots of noise, generally we don’t come back here if we are drunk. She must be in a good mood’ Leo replied pouring himself some coffee.
‘Well you can read her mind, what is it?’ I asked Leo.
‘She has a day planned with the caterer and a couple of places to check out for the wedding. She wants to look at dresses and is excited that we have to go ring shopping’ Leo replied with a mouthful of food.
‘And that is making her happy?’ I asked as if she was psychotic. I had practically curled up into a ball on the chair. I was so unwell and just wanted to die.
‘Yes she has different expectations to you’ Leo said. The conversation ended there.
‘Where is the loser?’ Rae questioned speaking of Drew as he had lost last night’s drinking competition to me.
‘In the kitchen’ Billie replied still with her smile. Avery sat silent and I knew she was hiding something. She kept glancing at Leo, Lucas and Billie. I was confused and wanted to know what was going on.
‘Nathan?’ Rae asked taking a bite of an egg and bacon muffin.
‘He left early, he had to pick up someone from the airport’ Leo replied.
‘Hallie’s dignity?’ Rae asked smirking at me.
‘Next to your pride’ I snapped back quickly.
‘Probably where she left her up chuck reflexes and vomit in the gutter’ Lucas said laughing. That is when I remember everything.
‘Avery what’s up?’ I asked ignoring everyone else.
‘Nothing’ Avery said stirring her drink and staring into space.
‘Tell me’ I say grabbing a glass of juice.
‘It is nothing’ Avery said glancing at Billie. She refused to look at Leo.
‘Oh you think I can’t remember Billie going home with Lucas last night? Or that Leo said it was ok? When did you work that out?’ I asked Avery. Avery sighed in relief, Billie glared at me, Rae gasped, Leo shook his head and Lucas smacked me over the back of the head. I laughed and got up from my seat.
‘You know’ Avery smiled.
‘Sure do. It takes a bit for me not to remember something like that. So what did you walk on in?’ I asked sitting next to Avery away from Lucas and Billie I continued smirking at them. Lucas refused to make eye contact with anyone and Billie stared at her plate and was pale white. Leo was still shaking his head at me. I wasn’t going to stop.
‘They were sneaking in this morning, holding hands and then he kissed her. I was like um whoops. Do you have any idea how awkward it was? A shadow hunter and a vamp? It was more awkward than the idea of you and marriage!’ Avery said.
‘Really?’ I asked shocked.
‘Ok not quiet but it was freaking weird how did I miss that last night?’ she asked as I laughed.
‘Excuse me. I’m still in the room!’ Billie said now bright red.
‘Oh my god. Remember the shirt Lachlan bought “I fuck on the first date” we should change it to “I fuck on the first night” and give it to each of them’ I say laughing so much. The alcohol might still be having affect I now decide.
Lucas snarled at Leo. Leo smirked. Billie was glaring at me and Rae was sitting there dumbfounded.
‘They didn’t fuck last night. Nothing happened. They want to take it slow because Lucas cares about this girl already and she has never met anyone like him before. You know all that crap’ Leo said informing us of their thoughts. Lucas stood up and walked out. I realised that there was something else going on between Lucas and Leo but couldn’t work it out.
‘Thanks Parker’ Billie said sitting there silent now. We all fell silent and I only wanted sleep.
‘Cortez. We have plans today. You should go get ready’ Leo said reminding me of the hell that referred to buying wedding rings. I couldn’t think of a worse way to spend my day. But at least I would be spending it with him.

An hour later I was ready in my skinny leg jeans, flats and a leather jacket, it was cold after all. I had a light amount of make up on but enough to hid the bags under my eyes and the hangover. My hair was down all straight curtsey of Rae and the straightener. The girls were all going to a spa for the day that Arianna organised. I was jealous I wanted to go, but at least I got to spend the day with Leo-even if I was super embarrassed about the previous night.
‘Can we take the bike?’ Leo asked walking down the stairs as I stood waiting at the door. Billie and Avery were chatting in the waiting room and I was standing leaning on the door with Rae.
‘We can take the bike. What happens if it rains?’ I asked looking at him. He was mighty fine and simply by staring at him I was surprised last night we didn’t have sex because I sure as hell knew I wanted to.
‘You get wet’ Leo replied grabbing a helmet and tapping his pockets to make sure he had his wallet, phone and keys.
‘I don’t want to get wet’ I said picking up my handbag and turning to follow him out the door.
‘That's what she said’ Rae said winking at me as I laughed at her bad attempt at a joke.
Leo turned around and smirked.
‘Get on’ he said handing me the other helmet and getting on the bike. I put my handbag in the back thing and got on the bike. My legs were spread around Leo and I wished I wasn’t this turned on by the thought.
I cringed as Leo took off and my arms automatically wrapped around him holding on for dear life not wanting to fall off. I didn’t squeal but if it had been any other guy I would have no doubt about it.

Everything was a blur. I didn’t pay attention where we were going or even look at my surroundings; I was too busy trying to hold onto Leo without being too close. Yep I still didn’t want him to think he had a chance.
We stopped suddenly and Leo killed the engine. I turned me head and let go of holding Parker. We were parked on a footpath and vampires scurried around us going about their daily activities-none even glancing at Leo or me.
‘Get off’ Leo said getting off the bike.
There was a park situated in the middle of what appeared to be an open plaza or something. I didn’t know.
‘Where are we?’ I asked Leo.
‘In Makdon’ Leo replied putting his helmet on the bike and leading me away. I had heard of Makdon, best for people with expensive tastes. To get into some shops you have to pay an entry fee, and well apparently then you get drinks and food for free. I looked around it wasn’t dark and gloomy like the rest of the city, in fact there was many plants and glass. It was light and open, it looked enticing and then it hit me.
‘Fairies run it don’t they’ I say to Leo as I catch up to him and stop looking around like a tourist.
‘Yep, that’s why you found it so enticing. I hate coming here. It’s unnatural’ Leo said with a disgusted look on his face.
‘It’s beautiful. But now that I know fairies have done it, I don’t like it’ I say. Leo stops and pulls me closer.
‘Let’s not cause much trouble. We can start by not being kicked out, so don’t piss off any fairies until after you have a ring and we’re leaving’ Leo whispered into my ear. His breath on my neck made me wants to lean and kiss him. I wanted to hold his hand, I wanted him to want to lead me around and show me pretty things, and I wanted him to give me a tour like I meant something to him. I wanted too much.
‘Deal’ I say in a bored tone. He smirked and walked away, I guess I had to follow.

After the 4th jewellery store I wanted to give up. I had seen countless rings, none jumped out at me. None were anything special. Leo didn’t seem fazed about it at all. I though was running out of patients. As we were walking to the 5th store I sat down on a bench and refused to move.
‘Don’t you just have some ugly ring that your great grandmother wore or some shit and I have to wear it?’ I asked folding my arms and pouting.
‘Probably but I couldn’t care less’ Leo said sitting next to me as we watched the people around us.
‘Oh I hate shopping’ I snapped.
‘I hate weddings a bit more’ Leo added. I laughed at him.
‘I don’t know what I want’ I say looking at him.
‘I know you don’t. Oh wait we’re still talking about the ring aren’t we?’ Leo said to me. I bit my lip.
‘Yeah the ring’ I say looking at the ground.
‘Leo’ a voice squealed. I looked up to see Skye running towards us. I scowled at her and then Leo.
‘What is she doing here?’ I hissed at him.
He raised an eyebrow at me as if to say ‘how am I supposed to know?’
‘Wow Hallie I didn’t recognize you’ Skye said when she got to us.
‘Skye’ I say monotone. There was no point acting politie, she knew it would be fake anyway.
‘What are you doing here?’ she asked Leo and ignored me. I stared at Leo wondering what he would answer.
‘Buying engagement rings’ Leo answered refusing to look at either me or Skye. Skye glared at me-I had this game in the bag after all.
‘Well have you found any as cold as Hallie yet?’ Skye snapped, glaring at me. Before Leo could say anything I already had.
‘Well we found some as loose as you’ I snapped back not even glancing at Leo. Skye gasped and didn’t speak. Leo turned to look at me.
‘Was that really necessary?’ Leo questioned me.
‘Excuse me? She started it’ I snapped back at Leo as Skye seemed to have thought she had won this battle.
‘Listen to yourself you sound like a 2 year old’ Leo snapped at me.
‘And you are defending her’ I mumble standing up.
‘Get out of my way Skye’ I say walking away from them. I didn’t bother turning around to see what was happening, if Leo followed or if Skye said anything. I just wanted her gone so badly.

I wasn’t really paying attention to where I was going and no doubt I was lost, but I didn’t care-after all Leo would find me. I sighed and sat down on a bench outside of a jewellery store I don’t think we had gone into yet. I sat there waiting thinking what kind of ring did I actually want? Would Leo get one? Do they have to match? Would I wear it straight away?
I smelt him before I heard or even saw him; Leo had a scent that I could recognise anywhere-there was no point in trying to describe it because I knew there wasn’t any words for it. Leo say me, but walked into the shop-no Skye following. I stood up and sighed walking in after him. The shop was much bigger on the inside than what it looked like on the outside, but all I knew was I would get lost in here alone.
I really wasn’t interested in speaking. I made my way over to Leo where he was speaking to a jeweller.
‘This must be your beautiful fiancé then?’ the older man said as I arrived.
‘That would be her’ Leo said bored again.
‘Hmm such a delicate hand, nothing too big. Hmm I don’t think you seem like the matching kind, actually complete opposites. There is resentment-wow the feelings and emotions-you are a couple made in heaven or hell. Either way you want something dangerous, something that will last’ the man finished I seemed somewhat surprised Leo though did not.
‘What do you have in mind?’ I asked. The old man smirked and Leo for once looked shocked.
‘Nothing usual. Something cold but still it will represent your unique love’ he said turning and leading us down the back of the shop.
‘Not many people like these or even know about them for that matter, but I think I know exactly what you want. Plan and simple’ he began but I pulled a face.
‘Nope I did not think that at all. I’m thinking 3 diamond engagement ring and a wedding band that is not plain-let’s say diamonds all around it for the lady of course’ he described.
‘Boring, diamonds are so expected and besides they are to white and traditional for me’ I say wanting to leave.
‘Hmmm just wait. And for you Mr. Parker. Definitely white gold, to match Hallie, but black onyx perhaps and a simple sophisticated diamond. And besides I think I know the set perfect for you two’ he said smiling I could see his eyes sparkling and fangs excitedly as his sped increased. At least he knew who he was dealing with.
He stopped abruptly and I ran into Leo, he of course stabled me and I stood my ground.
‘So white gold you both agree on?’ the man first asked pulling out a row of jewellery.
‘Yes’ I replied, me and Leo had already decided that while visiting one of the many shops.
‘First, Mr. Parker if you may’ he said pulling out a small chest and opening it to reveal a white gold ring with black onyx and a 14K white diamond in it. I raised an eyebrow; I had to admit it was very Leo.
‘Leo?’ the man asked again as Leo held it and tried it on the dreaded finger-of course it was a perfect fit.
‘This is the set isn’t it?’ Leo said as if he knew something I didn’t.
‘Yes this is the set made many years ago. Everyone is believed it to be cursed, after all they were star cross lover who were brutally murdered by their own’ the man replied.
‘Believe me I know the story. But you have the woman’s as well?’ Leo asked staring at the counter. He had not removed the ring but was playing with it. I think he had found his.
‘Of course otherwise I wouldn’t bother’ the man replied pulling out another small chest and opening it. I gasped immediately. It was beautiful; the wedding band was plain white gold band with diamonds in the middle the entire way around. But that was not what took my breath away. The engagement ring was the same white gold, with 3 diamonds, the centre one and 2 white diamonds either side. The centre one though was a black diamond, so dark it practically absorbed the light produced by the other 2.
‘Wow that is incredible’ I say touching it and putting it on my finger. I had found my ring no matter what.
‘Good job Julio’ Leo said, I assumed he knew the jeweller.
‘Why are they so special?’ I asked still staring at the black diamond.
‘Well the story goes that 2 star cross lovers were going to be killed by their own people, the male was a vampire and the female was a slayer. Anyway her ring was all white diamonds, pure and peaceful. His was all black, the black onyx and the black diamond everything bad pretty much. But before they were to get married they swapped the diamond. He took her white one and he gave her his black one so they knew that they would forever love each other, that no one else mattered’ Julio said smiling.
‘Well what happened to them?’ I asked wanting to know the entire story now.
‘They were forbidden to marry. So they didn’t they returned to their families after 30 days, the exact amount of diamonds in that wedding band, and lived their lives apart. Every 3 years though they could see each other for one night, they snuck around and forever remained faithful. This is represented by your engagement ring, however one time he didn’t come. She stayed there at the meeting place and refused to move. Apparently until 3 years later when he returned because he was at war he found her dead body, she didn’t leave and she had died there.’ Julio finished staring off into space.
‘And what happened to him?’ I asked Leo.
‘He hunted down those who had killed her and killed them. So they say the rings were sent to her sister along with a notebook that had everything written in it, started by Olivia, the wife and finished by Patrick, the husband. So the sister had the rings she died alone, passed onto the daughter of her other sister or something and she died alone or some shit until they sold them on the black market for money to try and get rid of the curse and they have been forgotten ever since. Well until know. How long have you had them?’ Leo asked Julio.
‘The female ring arrived about 2 and half months ago by mail. No return address and I couldn’t find anything’ Julio finished.
‘Wow. So can we have them?’ I asked not wanting to take off the rings.
‘Of course, no couple could be better for them’ Julio said taking the rings back and putting them in the say chest now. I guess we had found our wedding rings-and I never wanted a ring more than ever before.
♠ ♠ ♠
Because I took so long to update and I want my readers to forgive me :) I updated twice in one day!! So enjoy it and tell me what you think about it...the more you comment the quicker I will update (promise)
peace out
-S

P.S- for pictures of the wedding rings go to Characters. There is a picture of Leo's Wedding Ring and both the Engagement and Wedding Ring for Hallie. Tell me what you think of them?!