Mixed CD's

We Could Watch My Favorite Movie!

We Could Watch My Favorite Movie!
1) Never An Absolution-James Horner
2) Hedwig’s Theme-Harry Potter
3) My Heart Will Go On-Celine Dion
4) The Valley of Malls-Fountain of Wayne
5) Hard to Starboard-James Horner
6) The Bargain Store-Dolly Parton
7) Shopping-Pet Store Boys
8) Rose-James Horner
9) Rubber Ducky-Ernie


I let my fingers dance upon the keyboard as I got lost in thought. Just below the beautiful sound that I was creating I could hear myself humming the words that I was too frightened to sign when Ben had company over.

“You know you’re really good at that right?” Jonathan’s voice said from behind me.

I jumped, landing my fingers on the wrong keys before turning to look at him. “Don’t frighten me like that!” I scolded, looking back down at the keyboard and turning it off.

He just chuckled and walked farther in. “Normally I’d get a thank you for that.”

“Well, let my heart get back on track and then I’ll see about it.” I smiled, “What brings you to my house today?”

“It’s been a week.” he replied, sitting down on the other side of the piano bench.

“So?” I questioned, pressing my fingers down on the now silently instrument.

“Come on Jimmie, you gotta talk to him.”

I shrugged. “I know. I just thought maybe he’d call me.”

“Maybe you should have made the first move?” Jonathan questioned, picking up my acoustic guitar.

“Hey now, did I say you could touch that?” I asked, quickly reaching forward and grabbing it from him.

“Sorry.” he said, raising his hands in a surrendering gesture. “But I’m serious here. Come over today. I’ll drive you.”

I looked at him before gesturing down to my pajamas. “I’m clearly not ready to go out today.”
He rolled his eyes, “Nice jammies. By the way.”

I blushed and tried pulling up the pink tank top and down the black and white shorts.

“What were your plans anyway? Play music all day?”

“Hey now, I’m practicing for Sunday night!” I said, giving him a sharp look. “You know, it is my job to perform at church.”

“Someone is a little touchy today.” he mumbled, shaking his head.

I let out a long sigh. “I was going to finish up in here, then retreat back to my room, watch a movie and then go to Goodwill.”

“See? All things that you could get Caleb to do!” Jonathan cheerfully said.

“What? Go into my room, lay in my bed, cry, get ready, go buy me clothes?” I slowly asked.

This time it was his turn to sigh. “You know what I meant.”

I sighed, “Why don’t you just go back, I’ll have Ben drive me over when his guests leave.”

“They left, Ben told me to come up here on his way out.” Jonathan replied.

I groaned, “Well, here.” I said, shoving my guitar back into his hands. “Her name is Lucy Lou, you hurt her, you have no balls. I’m going to go get ready.”

I pulled my hair out of it’s pony tail before turning my straightener on. I quickly turned the tap on and brushed my teeth and put my contacts in before dancing my way across the hall. The first thing I did was turn on my lap top and open my media player. I pressed play before quickly making a mix and burning it onto a blank cd. Then I re dancing over to my dresser and pulling open a few of the drawers.

With a pair of high shorts securely in my hands I shimmied over to my closet and danced in place before finally deciding on my green shirt that had Mickey Mouse written on it in purple and green. I quickly stepped out of my pajamas and slid into my clothes for the day before going back into the bathroom and straightening my hair.

“Jimmie?” Jonathan suddenly called out making me jump and hit my head against the hot plates of the straightener.

I groaned and softly touched the spot before walking down to the music room. “What Cook?” I hissed.

“Just wondering if you’re done yet.” he said, not looking up from Lucy Lou.
“No.” I harshly answered, “But thanks to you, not only do I have a crap ton of scratches on my face, but a burn mark.”

He looked up with a small smile. “Sorry?”

“You hurt me too much.” I mumbled as I left.

“How much longer?” he groaned from my bed, flopping down much like Caleb had done the last time he was here.

I rolled my eyes “You’re getting on my last nerve.”

“It’s been like an hour.” he responded.

“It’s been twenty minutes!” I snapped, outlining my eyes with dark eyeliner. The majority of the scratch marks were covered with concealer, but a few could still be seen.

“Well, how much longer?”

I let out a long, steady breath. “Jonathan, if you don’t shut up, I’ll be driving your car back and you’ll be knocked out, understand?”

He chuckled and leaned onto his side and intently watched as I put the rest of my make up on. “Are you done now?”

“Just about.” I answered, opening my jewelry box and pulling out a necklace with a purple butterfly pendant. “Help me with this?” I asked, handing it to him. Slowly, he stood up and took my necklace from me and fastened it around my neck as pulled out a green and purple bangle and slipped them on.

“I just need my bag and Titanic and I’m ready.” I said, standing up and walking to my movie collection. He handed me my gray messenger bag and I slipped my dvd into it, then quickly stepped into my green low top converse and followed him out to the car.

“He’s in his room.” Jonathan said as he opened the front door.

I nodded my head and skipped up the stairs, quickly throwing open Caleb’s door. “Please, tell me you’re dressed.” I said, entering.

“Jimmie!” Caleb exclaimed, pausing his movie and standing up. “I’m glad to see you.” he said, wrapping his arms around me in a hug.

I slipped my arms around his waist and rested my head on his chest. “I’m still annoyed with you.” I mumbled.

I felt him nod against my head. Slowly he let me out of his arms. “Whoa, what happened to your face?” he asked, lightly tracing a few of the scratches.

“I got into a fight at the party.” I said, letting my eyes drift to the floor.

“With who?” he questioned, concern in his voice.

“Danielle.”

He sighed and wrapped his arms around me again. “What can I do to make it up to you?”

“We could watch my favorite movie!” I said with a smile.

“What, Harry Potter?”

“No.” I said, biting my lip and fishing in my messenger bag, pulling out the dvd case with a grin. “Titanic!”

He sighed and rolled his eyes. “I vowed to never watch that movie.” I frowned and went to put it back in my bag, but he grabbed my wrist, “But for you, I’m willing to.”I let out an excited squeal and wrapped my arms around his neck. He chuckled and lifted me off the ground, and then set me on his bed. “Are there two disks?” he asked, grabbing the case from me and popping it open.

“I dunno, I just bought it. If there are put part one in.” I said, laying my head on his pillow. “Oh, warning, I will cry. And so will you, cause I said so.”

He laughed while opening his dvd player and taking his movie out. “You think I’ll cry eh?”

“Uh, yeah.” I replied, patting the bed next to me, telling him to come lay down.

“Scoot over I want the wall,” he complained, looking down at me. I sighed and scooted so that I was almost hanging off the edge. He climbed over me and leaned against the wall. Before I knew it, his arms wrapped around my waist and he pulled me against his chest.
“If I’m going to cry I demand hugging rights.” he said into my ear.

“Okay,” I smiled. “Hey, remember how I said I knew all the words to Harry Potter but didn’t?”

“Yeah,” Caleb laughed. “You knew a lot of them though.”

“Mhm, well, I’m not lying when I say I know all the words to Titanic.”

He groaned a little, “Well, since I haven’t seen this one, wanna keep it down a little?”

“I’ll only say my favorite parts.” I promised, snuggling into him.

Tears rolled down my cheeks as I watched Rose let Jack drop into the water. Caleb’s grip tightened around my waist as she splashed into the water to get the whistle. I heard him sniffle and felt his own tears splash onto my head. I reached my hand down to his and allowed him to lace our fingers together as the credits rolled.

“I can’t believe I actually cried.” Caleb said, letting me to and sitting up. I mimicked his actions and wiped my eyes.

“I cry every time.” I laughed, reaching for my bag and pulling out my compact.

He laughed also and wiped his face on his sleeve. “So what do you want to do now?”

“Well, I need to go to Goodwill to get some clothes.” I answered, fixing my make up.

“Are you sure you need new clothes? I haven’t seen you wear the same thing twice.” he chuckled, scratching the back of his neck.

“Hey now, I worse this shirt last week, but you wouldn’t know cause you were a buttface.” I retorted.

He frowned, “Goodwill?”

“Yes please!” I answered, jumping up. He sighed before following me out to his car.

“Shoot.” I mumbled as I buckled myself into the car.

“What?” Caleb asked, starting up the car and reversing out of his driveway.

“I forgot my mix at home. Whatever, how long until we get there? I really need some new shorts.”

“Uh, I think fifteen or so minutes.” he answered, looking towards me.

I nodded my head and drummed my fingers on my lap. “Watch the road Turman.”

He chuckled and looked through the windshield. “How long are you going to take in there?”

“I dunno. I need some shorts and a few new tops. Nothing will be lost if I look at jewelry or shoes. So maybe an hour.” He groaned and looked at me with a pleading look. “Hey, dickhead, keep your eyes on the road!” I said, pushing his face so he was looking forward, “or I’ll make it two hours!" He sighed and kept his eyes forward the rest of the ride.

“How does this one look?” I asked, exiting the dressing room.

“Great.” Caleb’s monotone voice answered as he blankly looked at the wall.

“What color is it?” I responded, placing my hand on my hip.

“Red.” he droned, never taking his eyes away from the wall.

“Wrong, it’s purple.” I said, walking straight in his line of view.

He looked up me. “The top looks great on you Jimmie.” he said, reaching forward, “Are these your shorts or ones from here?” he asked.

“Here,” I answered, playing with the fake pearls.

“Don’t take this the wrong way,” he mumbled, taking my shirt and tucking it into the shorts. “It looks better like that.”

A blush started to rise on my cheeks as his hands dropped down from my waist. “Thank you.” I whispered, mentally slapping myself. “I’m going to go try on the rest.” I said, quickly disappearing behind the door and ignoring his laugh.

“This way is jewelry.” Caleb said, pointing the cart which was now filled with seven pairs of high sorts, three different striped short sleeve shorts, three tank tops and one nice shirt.

“Okay.” I said, following closely behind him. My eyes brightened when I saw a purple bangle.
“This would look cute with my new purple shirt!” I exclaimed, dropping it into the cart.

“Do you like this?” Caleb asked, picking up a star charm bracelet.

I gasped and played with a few of the charms. “It’s so pretty.” I said, taking it from him and placing it next to the purple bangle. With one last glance at the bracelets I pulled a blue plaid one from the middle and also dropped it into the cart before going over to the necklaces. “Oh my goodness, a giraffe.” I squealed, pulling the necklace off the rack and placing it next to the bracelets.

“What are you going to wear that with?” Caleb chuckled. Watching as I also placed a gray owl necklace in the car.

“I’ll find something. For both of them.” I answered with a smile. He rolled his eyes and started to walk away. Before following him I placed a black heart necklace into the cart.

“Caleb! Where are you?” I yelled, flipping up the dark lenses of my sunglasses.

“Over here!” he called.

“Marco!” I exclaimed, looking down a few isles and not seeing him or the cart.

“Polo!” he yelled from isle across from me. I turned and smiled as he looked at me with amusement. “Are you going to get those?”

“Heck yes.” I answered, flipping the lenses back down. He laughed and shook his head.

“Can you borrow me like five dollars?” he asked with puppy eyes.

I raised an eyebrow and looked down at his hands, that held a rubber duck that sat in a rubber wagon. “To buy that?” I laughed.

“It quacks!” he defended himself. “Come on, it’s an inside joke. Please, Jimmie, please?”

I sighed and started to dig through my bag until I pulled out my Pokemon wallet. “Here.” I overdramatically said, handing him a five.

“Thank you.” he grinned, leaning down and kissing my cheek. The blush that faded before started to reappear.

“Come on, I need to look at shoes yet.” I mumbled, walking in the direction I thought the shoes were in.

“Three pairs of new shoes? God, I can tell you’re a girl.” Caleb joked, looking into the cart that I was still making him push.

“Hey now, are you saying you just realized I’m a girl?” I joked.

“You sayin’ we still don’t be friends if I did?”

“Yeah.” I laughed, and started to put all my stuff on the counter. I looked up at him to see him pouting. “Oh, knock it off, you know that would never happen.” He grinned widely and handed me my jewelry.

The lady smiled at me “Did you find everything okay?”

I returned the smile “With Caleb as my tour guide? Yeah.” He walked up behind me and wrapped his arms around my middle as the lady rung up my stuff.

She sighed and whispered “Young love.” before pressing a few buttons. “Twenty-Eight dollars and Fifty-six cents please.” she said. I reached into my bag and pulled out a twenty and a ten and handed it to her. She quickly made my change and gave me my bags.

“Go wait for me in the car hun,” Caleb said, kissing my cheek and placing the keys in my free hand. With a frown I walked out of the store and to his car, where I quickly unlocked the backseat and pushed all my bags in. I quickly closed it before everything fell out and saw Caleb walking towards me.

“Jimmie!” he exclaimed, grabbing my left hand.

“Yeah?” I asked with a small smile. “you ready to take me home?”

“Not quite yet.” he said, getting down on one knee.

I laughed and raised my eyebrow at him “What are you doing?”

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a ring with a black heart on it. “Jimmie, could you please forgive me for being a dick to you at the party? And for throwing up on your pants? And for letting you get into a fight with Danielle-who won by the way?”

“Yes Caleb. I will.” I laughed, smiling really big as he slid the ring on my pinky finger, the only one small enough for the child’s ring.

He stood up and yelled “she said yes!” Causing people to clap and cheer.

I laughed again as Caleb threw his arms around me in a tight hug. “God, I cannot be mad at you.” I said, hugging him tightly around the middle. He let go of the hug and looked down at me with a huge smile spread across his face.

And I knew I was finally over Jason.
But at the same time, the smile showed he still wasn’t over Danielle.
I can tell it’s not all there yet.
♠ ♠ ♠
That's just over five pages. The longest update I have ever written.
I hope you liked it!
Jimmie's outfit
What Jimmie bought at Goodwill

Oh, and I started a contest. Click here if you'd like to join!