Mixed CD's

Kay-Tee

Kay-Tee
1) Shoes-Kelly
2) Be Our Guest-Beauty and the Beast
3) Let’s go to the Mall-Scotty Vanity
4) I like Food-The Descendents
5) Shop Around-Captain & Tennille
6) Happy Meal-The Cardigans
7) Believe Me I’m Lying-Forever the Sickest Kids.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you mad at Caleb?

Is what I woke up to two weeks later. I groan and hit reply, "no. but kyle, text me before noon again and I’ll be mad at you.

I rolled over and pulled the blankets over my head. After my eyes finally shut my phone voiced itself from next to my head. A low slur of curse words escaped my mouth as I flipped it open. “oops. Sorry. But he thinks you’re mad at him.

Slowly, I pushed my body off my comfortable mattress and answered his text with “not mad. Annoyed.” and got out of bed. I stretched and cracked my neck before walking into the bathroom. I turned the tap water on and quickly brushed my teeth.

“Hey Jimmie.” Ben said, leaning against the door frame.

I nodded at him and spit out the tooth paste. “Yeah?” I quickly grabbed a cup and filled it with some water.

“You should spend the day with Katie.” he said with a slight hope.

I spit out the water and looked at him, “What are you planning?”

“Well, we’ve been dating for a while, and you barely talk to her. It would make her more comfortable.”

I nodded, “Okay fine. We’ll go shopping at the local mall….with some money? I’m low.”

He sighed, “What did you spend your last paycheck on?” he mumbled while pulling out his wallet.

“Oh, the whole hundred dollars was blown on food for us.” I shortly answered. “People have been skipping at offering.”

“Sorry.” he mumbled, handing me five twenties. I gripped, “Hope that helps.”

“Oh, it totally does.” I grinned, hugging him. “Call her and tell her that I wanna hang out and would have called her myself but that would have been creepy since I don’t have her number.” He rolled his eyes and left the bathroom.

I turned my computer on as my phone let out a loud beep from my bed. I quickly dived onto it and flipped it open.

You should text him.

I rolled my eyes “he should text me.” I went back to my lap top and opened up my media player.

“you should be getting ready.” Ben told me as he walked past my room.

“I’m making a mix!” I yelled in response as I pressed the button for it to burn.

My phone vibrated again and I shot it an irritated look before open it up to read the message from Kyle. But my heart melted when I read “I’m sorry.” from Caleb.

It’s fine.” I typed back before placing my phone down and strolling over to my closet. I just stared at all of my shirts instead of picking one out. I was too intent on listening for my phone to vibrate again. When it did I quickly jumped back and picked it up.

What’s up?

I smiled and typed back “girls day” before placing it on my bed. With the thought of him not being mad at me I quickly picked out a light blue shirt that had milk and cookies on it with the word ‘love’ written underneath them. I stripped my pajama shirt off and slowly danced over to my dresser to pull out a bra and quickly got dressed.

Want me to text you later then?

Was his reply about ten minutes later as I dabbed eyeliner around my eyes. “no, you’re good. How are you?” I replied, quickly spreading mascara onto my lashes just in time for Katie to arrive.

“Hey.” I grinned at her in the mirror. She was wearing a purple v neck that said ‘made in the 90’s’ and a pair of jeans.

“Hi.” she replied, “Ready to go?”

My phone vibrated again as I grabbed it. “Yeah, yeah. We can take Caleb’s car. I have to get some sort of a use out of it.” I grinned.

She gave me a short smile before pushing off the doorway and walking downstairs. I’m good. Miss you. : ( I bit my lip as I smiled and told him I missed him also before grabbing the new mix and jogging down the stairs.

“So, you and Ben eh?” I asked as I sped down the road.

Katie got a small smile on her face as a light blush crept up to her ears. “Yeah, two months now.”

“Oh wow.” I said with slight amazement. “How did I not know that?”

She just laughed, “That’s what you get when you hang around rock stars.”

I laughed also “Yeah, especially when they drag you off on tour with them.” I rolled my eyes.

“How was that? You went for a few days of Warped right?” she seemed actually interested.

“Yeah, it was okay. John from the Maine kept hitting on me and then he kissed me. It was awkward.” I told her as I merged onto the freeway. “Do you know where I’m going? Cause I have no clue.” She laughed and gave me directions.

“Have you been texting him this whole time?” Katie laughed as she took a bite of her burger.

I just smiled and slipped my phone back into my pocket. “You can’t talk, you’ve been texting Ben this whole time.”

“That’s different.” she said, pointing dramatically at me. “I’m dating him.”

“Well, it’s like I’m dating Caleb.” I told her, taking a small bite of my pizza.

“Are you going to date him?” she inquired.

“Why does everyone ask me that?” I shot back, sipping my Sprite.

“Because it’d be rude of you to lead him on.” she simply answered. “And I’m just curious.”
I let out a sigh, feeling bad for snapping at her I answered. “Yeah I’m going to date him. I’m falling for him already. But he’s still not over his ex and I don’t want that to mess up our chances.”

“Maybe he needs you to get over her.” Katie said, finishing her burger. Why didn’t I think of that?

“Okay, you’re getting that.” I said when Katie came out of the dressing room wearing a pink floral sundress.

“Are you sure?” she asked, looking down at it. The dress swept just past her knees and held onto her body nicely.

“Yeah, and Ben will be paying for it.” I smiled, pulling the hundred out that he gave me before.

She just laughed, “Okay, let me go change out of it and then we can head back.”

I smiled and stood up, waiting for her to come back out of the dressing room. My smile only grew when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. Sorry, just got off stage? Still shopping?
I let out a happy sigh before quickly typing “yeah. Go take a shower.” I looked up to see Katie waiting impatiently for me to put my phone down.

“Geeze.” She joked, bumping me with her hip. “Get one text from the guy and forget me.” she overdramatically put her hand over her heart and closed her eyes.

“Will sixty dollars make it up to you?” I asked, pulling out three twenties.

“Oh, you found the way to my heart,” she joked, grabbing the folded money and walking towards the register just as my phone vibrated again. Okay okay. Call you when I get out?

“Jimmie.” Katie whined “Come on, I wanna leave.”

I laughed before typing a quick “yeah yeah” and following Katie out of the mall.

The ride back to my house was silent, neither Katie nor I had anything left to say. When we got back we quickly said goodbye and she climbed into her car and left. I grabbed my key out of my front pocket and unlocked the front door.

“Ben! I’m home!” I yelled, kicking my converse off. I heard him yell something from the kitchen and quickly walked in. “What are you doing?” I laughed, watching as he almost set fire to the stove.

“Making diner for Katie.” he gruffly answered. “Help?”

I rolled my eyes and quickly pushed him out of the way. I turned down the stove and threw away the noodles that he had ruined. “Go watch tv or something.” I told him, starting completely over.

“Okay.” he said, quickly throwing off the apron that was once around his neck. I laughed and continued on cooking.

“You saved my life.” Ben said as he re-entered the kitchen an hour later.

“Yeah, I’m good like that.” I answered, “Now go to the store and get some flowers.” I told him, shoving the remainder of his money into his hand. “I’ll use them as a center piece while I set everything out.”

He nodded and quickly left giving me time to breath. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and let my eyes fall wide when I saw I had missed six calls. All of them were from Caleb. I quickly hit send over his number and bit on my thumb nail. It went to voice mail, like mine did to him, six times.

“Dude, Caleb. I’m so sorry, I was cooking dinner for Ben and his new girlfriend. I’m so sorry. Please, call back when you get this.” I said, quickly hitting end. I shot him a quick text and laid my phone down on the counter, just praying that it would ring.

I kept my movie on low while Katie and Ben ate the meal that I had cooked. My phone still sat in front of me while I still waited for it to light up with the announcement that Caleb had called. My mind raced with a million different scenarios that could be happening. None of them good. It had been over two hours, and with no reply, I’m starting to get sick. I closed my eyes and let out a deep sigh before texting “is caleb with you?” to Kyle and sitting back.
My eyes wandered back to the tv screen where Toy Story was playing and I tried to concentrate on it. But I was quickly interrupted by my phone lighting up.

I dove for it and flipped it open, only to frown as I read my message from Kyle. Nope. He went out to a party. Sorry. I frowned and typed back an okay before shutting my movie off and going upstairs.

Shit. I should have answered my damn phone.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm going to see them on Saturday! I'm so excited! :D

Jimmie's outfit

Comments please, I would like to know what you are thinking!