All You Need Is Love

Love Me Do

The soft drops of rain on the window caused Meredith to stir. She awoke to find herself tangled in bed sheets and James softly snoring beside her. She cautiously got out of bed, placing the sheets over his bare back. Then she quietly got dressed, scrawled her phone number on a piece of paper beside his phone and left.

***************************

Sitting alone in her apartment, Meredith's boredom had gotten the better of her and she was now adding to the lyrics etched on her thigh.

"Turn My Face to the Wall..."

The phone rang interrupting her activities. Wiping away some blood, she stood up to answer the phone. She hesitated and let it ring a few times before she picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Hi, um, Meredith? It's James," he echoed through the line. "Just wondering if you'd meet me 'round the corner in 10 minutes?"

"Um, sure. See you then."

"Great. See you soon."

She felt the dead line beep in her ear.

Pulling on a black mini-dress, Meredith studied herself in the mirror. Her misunderstood blue eyes were ( shrouded with deep black eyeliner. Meh, it'll do.

Grabbing her coat, she walked out, ready to meet James. Walking across the necessary streets, she spotted James standing alone in a crowd, leaning against a brick wall. His face lit up when she walked over to him.

"Hi," he smiled at her, very much noticing her effort.

"Hi," she said shyly. "So, what did you have in mind for tonight?"

"Um, I was thinking," he paused linking his arm with hers, "that we could...maybe go to a bar? Have a few drinks?"

She nodded. They walked down the wet street, looking for a place to go.

"That place looks alright. Down there," he said pointing to a chic looking bar.

Stepping in, Meredith looked around. It was classy and modern, to proper for a free spirit like her.

"Er, what do you want?"

"Um, maybe just a shot of vodka," she mumbled, looking at her feet.

"Ok then, I'll be back," he said lightly pushing her.

Meredith sat down in a booth. Looking around, it was mostly young and old posh couples. She felt uncomfortable sitting there alone. She looked up and James was coming back with two shot glasses.

"Thanks," she said, taking it from his hand.

"Bottoms up!" he laughed, gulping back the vodka.

Meredith did the same, screwing up her nose. "So..... what's new Merry?" he queried, scratching his nose.

"Nothing. I'm boring," she said smiling at her feet.

"I like your dress," he spoke quietly, stroking her thigh, "but it'd look even better on my bedroom floor."

Meredith choked on her spit as James eyed her and laughed.

"Another round?" he asked raising his eyebrows.

"After what you just said, we'll need five more," she said coughing.

Another round came and went. Then the third, then the fourth. Soon enough, James and Meredith were giggling non-stop at every little thing.

"My stomach hurts from laughing," James said drawing a breath.

"Do you want to get out of this shit hole?" he asked her, looking around at all the people.

"Yes!" she laughed as he took her by the hand.

They walked back to her place. Meredith looked for the key while James had his hands on her hips and was softly kissing her neck. She opened the door and swung her coat on the floor. James stopped and pressed his forehead against hers.

Sex drive racing, Meredith unbuttoned his shirt and slid it off, stroking his soft skin, looking up at him through her eyelashes. He leaned in closer and started to softly kiss her, cupping her face. He slowly pulled off her dress.

They made their way onto her bed and the swinging motions of his body carried her away.