Sequel: Second Heartbeat

Shattered by Broken Dreams

chapter 9

I stared at the little white stick in my hand for god knows how long. This can’t be. I cannot be pregnant. I threw the stick away and grabbed my keys. I called the doctor’s office and scheduled an appointment for three o’clock. I wanted to know for sure. I quickly showered and changed and grabbed my keys and walked out to my car. I turned on the car and pulled onto the street and drove to the doctor’s. I opened the door and walked in. The secretary looked up over her glasses.
“Who are you?” She asked in a nasal voice.
“Samantha Haner.” I said.
“We have you in the system; please sit down and a nurse will call you back.” She said and continued with her computer. Damn she seems like the desperate kinda girl who goes on dating websites. I sat down and waited. I saw many women with little kids staring. I know what they are thinking; she must be a whore coming to get checked for STD’s. I sigh and grab a magazine. I start flipping through it and I see a nurse come out.
“Samantha Haner.” She said. I put the magazine down and walked back.
“Hi I’m Morgan and I am your nurse. I’m going to take your blood pressure.” She smiled and took it and wrote it down and walked out. I sat on the bed and became nervous really quickly. I decided to think about my friends. Angela and her husband. They are so happy.
“Hello I am Hannah Grisar your OBGYN. I hear that you want to know if you’re pregnant.” She asked.
“Yeah I took a test but I want to know for sure.” I said.
“Ok lay down and pull your dress up.” She said putting a blanket on my lower half. I smiled and pulled my dress up.
“Ok this will be cold.” She said and turned a screen to me. She squirted a blue gel on me and got out a wand thing. She put in down and she looked and I think saw something, but I did not.
“Well you see this black dot here?” She asked.
“Yes.” I said.
“That is your baby.” She said. “Congratulations you are pregnant.” I looked at her and blinked.
“Thank you.” I said after cleaning up and walked out to my car. I drove home and put some things in a suitcase. I was on the computer when I heard the door open. I was getting tickets to California.
“Whatcha doing?” He asked kissing my forehead.
“I’m going home to my brother.” I said. He laughed.
“You can’t be serious.” He said. I nodded.
“I just got a ticket and I’m leaving in the morning.” I said and he looked at me.
“Why are you leaving?” He asked.
“I need my brother and friends.” I said.
“But you have friends out here and you even said yourself you hate Brian.” He said.
“Alec Weiss I am going to California and staying there for a few months. And if you cannot be happy with that then I do not want to be with you.” I said unplugging my laptop and putting it into its bag.
“Wait so because I don’t want you to go somewhere where there are a lot of guys you are breaking up with me?” He asked.
“So you want me to stay somewhere I am not happy with right now?” I asked. I put my hand up as he started to speak.
“I don’t want to hear it.” I said.

THE NEXT MORNING

I was on my way to the airport. I called Dev and she was meeting me at the airport and then driving me to Matt and Val’s. I called Val and she nearly screamed when I said I was coming home.
I got to the airport and did everything and got on the plane and flew the nine hour flight to Huntington Beach. I got off and went through the gate and saw Devon and Jamez. Devon had a scarf on her head. I smiled. She has cancer that’s right.
“Hey guys!” I said and hugged her.
“Hi Sam.” She said weakly.
“Are you ok honey?” I asked.
“Well the doctor said the cancer spread and I have only a few weeks to live. But I wanted to come here to see you.”She said. I smiled and climbed into the car. Jamez drove to Matt and Val’s and I got out and waved bye. I went up to the door and knocked. I heard someone behind it saying to be quiet.

They opened the door and I saw Matt.
“Sam.” He smiled.
“Hi” I said and hugged him.
“Why are you here?” He asked.
“Well I just got back from New York.” I said.
“Oh well come in, Brian and Chelle and everyone are in the living room.” He said.
“Not everyone.” I mumbled and he bit his bottom lip. “Yes I do watch the television and I am very disappointed in you.” I walked in the living room and Val smiled and came to hug me. I rolled my eyes and hugged her. She let go and everyone looked at me.
“Sam?” Brian said.
“Yup in the flesh and blood.” I said. He stood up and hugged me. I smiled and hugged him.
“So you’re staying with me right?” He asked.
“Until I can get a place yeah.” I said and he smiled. We walked in the rest of the way and I sat next to Jimmy.
“Hi Jimbo.” I said and he laughed.
“Hey little girl.” He said.
“I may be short but I am not little.” I whined.
“You’re still little.” He said and I laid my head on his shoulder.
“Ok so I was thinking about going to the studio this weekend and recording.” Matt said.
“Yeah, and if we aren’t done before you know who gets out then he’ll play.” Bri said.
“Yeah but he can’t leave Huntington Beach for seven months.” Matt said.
“True.” They all said.
“Sam can you play guitar?” Jimmy asked.
“I did when I was little but not so much anymore.” I said.
“Hey she can play.” Matt said.
“No I really don’t want to I just got back to Cali and I want to relax and not be at work.” I said.
“Come on Sam don’t you want a7x to be good still.” He said.
“Well yeah but Zacky is a member I am not.” I said and they all sighed at his name.
“Well I’m tired form the plane I’m going home.” I said and looked at Bri. He nodded and got Chelle and we left. When we got home I went and changed and grabbed Brian’s keys.
“I’m using your car.” I said and he nodded and closed his bedroom door. I left and drove up to the courthouse. I cannot stand having Zacky in jail for nothing. I walked in and a lady looked at me.

“Hi um can I please talk to a judge person, on account of Zachary Baker?” I asked. She nodded and grabbed the phone.
“A young lady here to talk about Zachary Baker.” She said and nodded. And nodded, and nodded and hung up.
“Please sit down and I’ll call you when he is finished with his meeting.” She said and I sat down. I saw a lot of law people and they all smiled at me. Man the last time I was here was when I was fifteen and my mom died. Brian said he was going to move in with our dad and the court didn’t care but they almost sent me to my father in England, but Brian said that he would watch over me. We may have been twins but the court said sure.
“Ma’am Judge Mason is ready for you.” She said and I nodded and she brought me to an office.
“Thank you Gina. Hello I am Richard Mason and I hear you are to say something about Zachary Baker.” He said and I nodded.
“Yea I’m Samantha Haner, the one whom he supposedly raped.” I said. He nodded and sat behind his desk.
“Sit down and what would you like to say?” He asked.
“Well for one thing, he didn’t rape me, we were drunk at a birthday party and I can’t remember a thing, my brother Brian kept saying he wouldn’t let me see Zacky, but I really liked him and he liked me, and I think he said that because I went to New York and he wanted to go somewhere where my brother wouldn’t care about.” I said.
“So Zachary did not rape you?” He said.
“No, I wanted it. I may have been drunk and not remember a lot, but I do remember saying that I wanted to go up to a room with Zacky and he nodded and smiled. It was my idea for the whole thing.” I said. “Plus I was mad and wanted to drink and yeah.”
“Alright well how about on Thursday I schedule a court date and you come down and say all thins in front of attorneys and we will see what they say. I know what I want but I do need the same consent from all of them, we will see.” He said.
“So if the attorneys say that they believe me then he’s free?” I asked.
“Well he would be on probation for two or three months to make sure he does not do that ever.” He said.
“Um can I see him?” I asked.
“If you drive to the jail house yes and I will call them to say you are coming.” He said.

I smiled and walked out and drove over to the jailhouse and walked in.
“Samantha Haner for Zachary Baker.” I said.
“He’s in the visiting room.” The man said and I walked back and saw him in the orange jumpsuit. I frowned.
“Zacky.” I said and he looked up at me.
“Sam?” He asked.” You went to New York.”
“I came back after finding out some news that I didn’t like.” I said with tears starting to fall.
“You’re not dying are you?” He asked.
“No I’m pregnant.” I said and his mouth dropped.
“You’re what?” He asked.
“Pregnant, Zacky why did you say you raped me?” I asked.
“I didn’t want Brian to beat the shit outta me but he did, and all he got was two fucking weeks here, and I get two years and all I did was say I raped you, when I didn’t.” He said.
“Exactly Zacky you shouldn’t of said that. Which because you did I went to the judge dude and on Thursday we’re going to court and I am basically bailing you out without money.” I smiled. “And I will ask that Brian cannot say a thing about you and me. Because I really want to be with you.”
“So do I but I don’t want Brian to kill me.” He said.
“Well then I’ll get a restraining order against him so that he cannot say a thing, or rather ask that the court makes it that Brian cannot do anything about us.” I said.
“Ok, so after I, hopefully, get out we can be together?” He asked.
“Yeah.” I said and grabbed his hand.
“No touching.” And officer said. I took my hands back.
“Sorry, and afterward we can get a house together and raise Mini Vengeance.” I said.
“Mini Vengeance?” He asked with a laugh.
“Yes well at least for now until I find out the sex and then we’ll think of names.” I said.
“You know what I like Baby Baker better.” He said.
“Ok I’ll call it Mini Vengeance and you’ll call it Baby Baker until we find out the sex.” I said and he nodded.
“Yeah, but I’m tired and I wanna get as much rest for Thursday so come back tomorrow?” He asked and I nodded. I looked and the officer wasn’t looking. I leant forward and kissed him. He smiled as I pulled away and stood up.
“Officer can I hug him good bye?” I asked.
“Fine but make it short.” He said. I wrapped my arms around him and kissed him again.
“Remember when you get out.” I said and they put cuffs on him and took him away. I smiled and walked out and drove home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Its long!!!! hope you likey, It isnt exactly the way I wanted the plot to go by now but I was sad that I make Zacky go to jail so now it;s all better. Well hopefully, who knows what I'm gonna write. I was going to put the jailhouse scen in the next one but I decided to put it in this one.

WHO WANTS SAM AND ZACKY TO BE TOGETHER?

Comment your answer

And be nice and hopefully give me name ideas I have so many in my head but i want new ones, and give it for boy and girl please!

Toxic Grip OUT (and happy with where it is right now)