Sequel: Second Heartbeat

Shattered by Broken Dreams

chapter 8

After getting my car I went out and found a job at a local tattoo shop. I love NYC. I start on Monday. I got back to my loft and sat on my couch and went on the internet on my laptop and watched a couple movies on YouTube. I got bored so I checked my StatusWeb.com.
One new message
One new notification
I went to the message one.
WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU SAMANTHA SHARDEI HANER??!! – Val and Matt
I type back that I’m sitting in my loft in NYC. I close my laptop and grab my keys and drive to the store, after going in circles for a few minutes. I went in and got some food for myself.

Went home and saw Dev and Jamez car. I pulled in and got out and ran to the car and knocked on the window and Dev saw me.
“SAMMY!” She screamed.
“DEVON!” I screamed and we hugged. After all that I helped them carry my stuff in. They walked in and went wide eyed. I smiled and we went to putting stuff away. We finished after three hours.
“So did you get a car?” Dev asked.
“Yes, a black mustang!” I said and Jamez looked at me.
“Let me see it.” He said and I walked out and we went to the lot. He inspected the car and nodded.
“Nice, you’ll let me drive it right?” HE asked.
“If you stay for a few days yeah.” I said.
“Damn girl I just sat in a car for two days no shit we’re staying.” She said. I smiled and we walked back in.
“Well there’s only two rooms, so you’re gonna have to share a room you two.” I said and they shrugged. I rolled my eyes and went to my room and lay down on my bed.

In the morning I walked out to the living room and saw the TV on and heard someone on the phone.
“Hello.” I said after I checked Dev and Jamez were still in bed. I walked out and saw Val and Matt on the couch. Shit. I hid behind the wall and watched.
“Are you sure this is her house?” Matt asked.
“Yes the address was left in the room in Jimmy’s basement. Damn I forgot to pick up my trash.
“But Val its ten and she is usually up by now.” He said.
“Honey the time here is ahead, maybe she isn’t up yet.” She said and I felt someone next to me. I turned my head and saw Dev.
“Why are they here?” She asked.
“I don’t know go find out.” I said and pushed her out there and she tripped and fell on her face behind the couch and they turned their heads.
“Who are you?” Val asked.
“Um, well I’m the, person, who lives, here.” She stuttered. She was bad at lying.
“Oh do you know a Samantha Haner?” She asked.
“Yes. I mean no, I mean yes. I mean she’s over there.” She said and pointed and they looked and they saw me.
“SAM!” Matt screamed.
“Matt.” I whined.
“Samantha why are you here?” Val asked.
“Because I needed to get away from all of you. Brian wanting to kill Zacky, and you and Jimmy plotting to help him. I all got on my nerves, I’ll go back but I need time on my own right now.” I said.
“Brian’s not gonna kill Zacky.” Matt said.
“Really and how would you know?” I asked.
“He’s my best friend and he said that he was just trying to scare Zacky so he wouldn’t do anything else.” He said.
“That’s not what he told me.” I said.
“Well I think he talks to me more.” He said.
“Get out.” I said pointing to the door.
“What?” He asked.
“I said get the fuck out of my fucking house right now ass hole.” I said and he grabbed Val and walked out.


I sat up and sighed, it was just a dream. I got up and grabbed my sweater and put it on and grabbed my slippers and walked out to the living room. I got a drink and went out on the balcony. I sat down on the ground and let my feet hang over the edge and watched. I smiled as the air hit me. I looked at the clock tower and it was eight in the morning. I stood up and went to get clothing and to take a shower.
I got all pretty and went out to the living room and sat down and turned on the TV.

“Hello I am Chelsea Grover for E! News and we have breaking news from Huntington Beach California. Lets go to Richard in Huntington Beach.” She said and I turned it up.

I am at the home of James Sullivan and Leana Silver where just a few hours ago police were here and arrested four people. Two men and two women. From bystanders they say there was a fight and a neighbor called the police. This is Andrea Anser.” He said.
“Hi well I was sitting in my house with my children when I heard something crash outside and I looked and saw my neighbor Jimmy’s friend, I think Zachary, on the ground unconscious.” She said. I grabbed my phone and dialed Brian’s number.
“Hello.” I heard a girl answer.
“Who is this?” I asked.
“Michelle.” She said.
“Chelle what happened?” I asked.
“What do you mean?” She asked.
“I just watched the news and it said there was a fight at Jimmy’s.” I said worried.
“Oh Matt and Jimmy and Bri beat the shit out of Zacky.” She said.
“Why?” I asked.
“Because what he did to you.” She said.
“What did he do exactly?” I asked.
“At Matt’s Birthday party he basically raped you.” She said.
“He did?” I asked.
“Yes, and Matt and Bri got arrested and are in jail for two weeks for it.” She said.
“Why only two weeks?” I asked.
“Because of the fact that they were protecting you and that Zacky raped you, he’s gonna be arrested after he gets out of the hospital and he’ll be there for two years and have seven years probation.” She said. I sunk back.
“Wow.” I simply said.
“Well I gotta go and see Bri, I’ll tell him you called.” She said.
“Wait are you two together?” I asked.
“Yeah.” She said and hung up. I closed my phone and leaned back. I got up and grabbed my keys and left the house.

One Month later

I leaned against the wall as I finished throwing up my guts. I sighed and flushed the toilet. I got up and opened the medicine cabinet and grabbed my only pregnancy test there. I sighed an opened it and read the instructions. I did as it said and waited. I walked out and to my room and saw Alec, my boyfriend, sitting on the bed pulling on his shoes.
“Feeling any better?” He asked. I shrugged and kept the test hidden.
“Well I’m going for a run, I’ll be back in a few hours.” He said and walked out. I sat on the floor and looked at it, I remembered if it had a small pink plus sign I was pregnant and if a blue minus sign came up I wasn’t. I was hoping for the minus. I mean the last time I had sex was with Zacky. Shit if I’m pregnant than Zacky’s the father.
“I wanna go home.” I cried out loud and looked at the test. There it was . . . . . . . . . . . . .