Sequel: Second Heartbeat

Shattered by Broken Dreams

chapter 10

I woke up extra early on Thursday, I am so excited. No one knows about his court and I am not planning on telling, well actually the only one who knows is Val but she’s my best friend. Oh well. I jumped in the shower and took extra long and washed my hair three times and washed the rest and shaved and stuff and put a cream on to prevent rashes. I was all clean and I got out and got on a robe. I looked at my stomach and smiled. I got really happy all of a sudden. I put my hair in a towel and walk to my room and get out clothes. I put on Panty Hoes and got on my skirt and shirt and stuff on and walked out with my shoes in my hand.
“Where you going so dressed up?” Brian asked holding Chelle.
“Out.” I smiled and sat down and put on my shoes.
“I’m really gonna need my car back.” I said.
“Yeah, tell me about it.” He said.
“But no worry today, Val’s picking me up.” I smiled and stood up and fixed my shirt.
“Can I do your hair?” Chelle asked. I rolled my eyes and nodded. She squealed like Val and sat me down and got hair stuff out and put my hair in a messy bun, but it looked businessy. I smiled and hugged her and heard a car horn.

“Well Val’s here.” I said. I kissed Bri on the cheek and walked out and got in her car.
“Cute hair.” She said and drove out and to the court house.
“Thanks, Chelle did it. It’s so weird having her around.” I said.
“And annoying.” Val said. “She’s worse than me.” She smiled and parked.
“Ready to basically bail Zacky out?” She asked.
“Of course.” I said and we walked in. I wanted Val there. We walked in and into the court room. I saw a lot of people there. Must be the jury.
“Hello Samantha.” I heard and turned and saw Judge Mason.
“Hi.” I said and waved. He smiled.
“By the way if this was my whole decision Zachary would be out already.” He said with a laugh.
“I know.” I said.
“Ok so we’re gonna be starting soon.” He said and walked away.
“We get to see Zacky soon!” I whispered into Val’s ear, BTW she knows everything. And when I saw everything I mean EVERYTHING. I sat down and they brought Zacky in and the other people. I smiled at Zacky and Val sighed. They sat down and I watched.
“Today I called this to hopefully change the minds of the jury on Zachary Baker’s trial.” Judge Mason said.
“We will have two people come up; both know what happened the night this happened. First I call a Valary DiBenedetto up to the stands.” He said and looked my way. Val walked up and sat behind the desk thingy.
“Hi, my name is Val.” She said.
“Hello Valary, I am Officer Andrews, what really happened the night Zachary raped Samantha?” An officer asked.
“Well that night it was my husband, Matt Sanders, birthday. And yes there was alcohol there, but I didn’t drink much. Sam did, and I do remember hearing her say she wanted to find a room with Zacky. I didn’t care about their relationship but her brother Brian, who is not here today, doesn’t like that. All I am saying is that Zacky, whom I’ve know forever, would never do that. He would never force a woman to have sex with him.” Val said and the officer looked at the jury. They started to talk. One stood up.
“We would like to hear from Samantha Haner please.” He said. Val stepped down and when she was passing Zacky she patted his shoulder. I walked up and sat down.
“Hi.” I smiled.
“Hello, Jury do you have any questions for Samantha?” The officer asked.
“Yes, do you remember anything from that night?” He asked.
“Yes and no. I did get hammered but I do remember saying that I wanted to find a room. And I happened to be talking to Zacky, and if any of you have been drunk you would know that what comes out of your mouth is uncontrollable.” I paused.
“Alright we understand that you were drunk but did Mister Baker rape you?” Another jury member asked.
“No he did not. Like Val said I’ve known Zacky since he became friends with my brother, a long time ago. And even if he was drunk he would never, ever rape someone. No matter how mad he was. He just cannot bring up the courage to do so.” I said.
“Alright, thank you Samantha, please bring up Mr. Baker.” A lady said. I got up and smiled at Zacky as I walked by. I sat next to Val and she rubbed my back.
“Mr. Baker, how much would you say you had to drink the night of this event?” A lawyer asked.
“Probably three to six beers.” He said.
“Would that get you totally drunk?” He asked.
“No it would not I would have to have a hell of a lot more to get completely drunk.” He said.
“Did Miss Haner ask you to find a room?” The lawyer asked.
“Yes she did, at around two in the morning. After her brother left.” Zacky said. I shrugged.
“Ok when Miss Haner brought you up to the room did she pass out or continue with what was on her mind?” He asked.
“One thing was she most defiantly did not pass out.” He simply said and Val looked at me. I shrugged.
“Please take your seat Mr. Baker.” The lawyer said. He sat down and the jury started to talk. The wrote things down and talked and repeated. I sighed impatiently and one of them finally got up and walked over to the judge. They whispered and the judge smiled.
“Thank you Gerald. The jury has made their decision. And a good one I might add, Zachary Baker you are free to go.” He said and hit the mallet thing on the wood.
“What?” Zacky asked.
“The officer will drive you back, you will get dressed and get all of your things. You are free but will be on probation for six weeks.” He smiled and walked in the back. Zacky got the cuffs off and ran to me and hugged me and picked me up. He grabbed my face and kissed me. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck. We were almost out when I remembered something.

“Shit, I’ll be right back.” I said and walked back to judge Mason.
“Samantha, what do you need?” He asked.
“Can you write down on an official paper saying that my brother Brian cannot say a thing about me or Zacky if we decide to get together?” I asked and he smiled.
“Of course.” He said and got out a paper and wrote it down in an official way and signed it.
“Thanks.” I said and hugged him. I ran back out and saw the cop car was gone but Val was waiting.
“Come on Sam.” She said, I got in the car.
“What did you do?” She asked.
“I got a paper stating that Brian cannot say a god damn thing about me or Zacky if we get together!” I yelled.
“Wow.” She said and drove over to the jail house. I got out and walked in and saw Zacky waiting by a gate.
“Hey Zacky.” I said.
“Hi.” He said and kissed me.
“Mr. Baker, please do not get into trouble.” The officer said. Zacky smiled.
“I won’t.” He said and we walked to Val’s car hand in hand.

We got in and Val drove over to her house while I called Matt.
“Matty, put the phone on the speaker please.” I said knowing that the whole group was there.
“Ok I did but why?” He asked.
“Ok guys when me and Val get back none of you will say a god damn thing about who we have with us got it?” I asked.
“Who do you have with you?” I heard Brian asked.
“You’ll find out when we get there Gates.” I said and heard laughing.
“Should we be scared?” Matt asked.
“Very.” I said and hung up. Val burst into laughing so hard she started crying. Zacky giggled. I smiled.
“You would so say that to them!” Val screamed.
“I would.” I said and she pulled in.
“Ok Zacky when the men finish with their reactions you are going to take a shower and I’ll find something for you to wear.” Val said and we got out.

Val walked in and me and Zacky walked in but didn’t hold hands.
“Stay here for a minute.” I said. He nodded. I held the paper and walked to Brian.
“Here ya go.” I said and handed him the paper. He read it and looked at me.
“But he’s in jail.” Bri said.
“Nu uh.” I said.
“Yes he is I was at his trial.” He said. I smiled and walked over to Zacky and walked back in.
“Nu uh.” I smiled. They all looked at him and had the most confused looks on their faces. I fell on Jimmy and Brian and Matt laughing.
♠ ♠ ♠
sucks but I am so happy i mad Zacky get outta jail!!!

Toxic Grip OUT