Status: sleepwalking...

Sleepwalking Past Hope

Cyanide Sun

I stared at the grandfather clock, the drone of time churning away was becoming deafening. I craved sleep, restful release. I sat awkwardly on the couch, feet touching and my hands held awkwardly between my knees.

“You can sleep in here if you want, but I have a sofa in my room…you know, if you don’t want to be alone.” Ville asked bashfully.

It was spend the night with a handsome man versus sleep alone in the living room. The choice was obvious. I followed him up the stairs and to his bedroom. It felt as if I were replaying a scene from a terrible movie.

I walked through the large oak doorway and into Ville’s room. It was painted white with black furniture, sophisticated…as I had imagined.

A small smile rose on his face, “It’s messy, I’m sorry. I wasn’t expecting there to be anyone here except me.”

“I’m sorry.” I returned the smile.

“Don’t be, I want you here.” He said quietly before sitting on the bed. I stared at my feet, trying to hide my rosy cheeks.

I walked over quietly and sat on the edge of the bed beside him. The television lit up in a flurry of colors. We sat in silence, watching the TV. I think it was because of the fear of what we would say if we were to open our mouths, but I had so many questions.

“Can I ask you a question?” I asked quietly.

“Anything darling,” His sincerity was wavering.

“What am I supposed to do now?” My voice quivered; I was scared.

I could not forsee this thing happening to you. If I look hard enough into the setting sun my love will laugh with me before the morning comes.

“You can stay here with me if you‘d like.”

It was hard to believe he actually wanted me, I’m not sure if it was because of his wavering voice or the insincere way he smoothed his hand over my hair. Still, I laid my head on his shoulder and sighed. I made sure not to take this moment for granted, it was a secret glimpse at comfort. I had the feeling that vampirism was hellbent on keeping me on edge.

“Are you happy that I’m like you?” I asked, tilting my head upwards to peek at his beautiful face.

He paused for a moment as if he were preparing the proper words to say, “Yes, I am. Before you I was so lonely, now you’ll be here to keep me company for eternity…that is if you want to.”

“Of course, there’s nothing I would like more.” I said, raising up so that my lips could meet his in a sweet embrace.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you liked it! Merry Christmas guys! xoxo