Sequel: Going Down In History

Today In History

Just Another Day

I woke up to this annoying buzzing sound that is my alarm clock. Like every other day I had to fight the urge to throw it across the room and make it shatter into a million pieces. This seemed more tempting than usual today.

I sighed and slammed my hand down to shut it off, and sitting up in the process. I would praise the day that I didn't have to wake up at 6 A.M. and go to school anymore. Only two more months of this.

I rolled out of bed and quickly got dressed. I trudged over to my vanity and applied my makeup and ran a brush through my hair. I never really did much for school. I hated it when people wore too much makeup and looked like they'd gone through hell. It just wasn't me.

Not eating breakfast, saying a quick goodbye and running out the door was normal for me. I was almost always late because I liked to press the snooze button a few more times than needed. Plus I always had to pick my best friend up.

The drive to school was almost always a blur. It consisted of either me, playing my music too loudly in my car, or of listening to Becky blabber on about some boy she met at a party. I much preferred the first one. Not saying I don't love Becky, I do, but she can be a bit thick sometimes.

Every day was the same thing over and over again. I would fall asleep in first period Calculus, get yelled at and sent out into the hall where I would spend the rest of the time listening to my iPod and doing the homework that was assigned. Second period was my Humanities class, where we would discuss all hour about a book I was forced to read but ended up not being half-bad.

Then there was third period. This was my favorite class of them all. It was my Independent Study about World History. There were three people in my class. A girl by the name of Saff and a boy named Colin. Our teacher was just about the coolest teacher in the world. We could get distracted by some random topic and somehow by the end of the class we would everything we needed to know about the Trojan War.

Mr. Spencer was just about every body's favorite teacher, including mine. He was fresh out of college and had eyes that any girl would die for. That's not the reason he was my favorite though. All three of us in that class got along with him so well. He would even sometimes take us out to eat. So it didn't surprise me when he asked if I wanted to go on an adventure with him.

"Where are we going today?" I asked as I followed him to his car. He wasn't much taller than me, but took longer steps than I did, it was always a bit of a challenge keeping pace with him.

"I'm not quite sure yet, probably Burger King or something. I'm in the mood for a burger." His craving for burgers didn't surprise me one bit. That's where most of our journeys led us. The fact that he wanted to drive twenty miles into the next town did surprise me a bit. I just let it pass.

We got into his car and he quickly placed the key in the ignition and turned it, starting the car. Lady Gaga came on the radio and he looked a bit embarrassed.

"I don't usually have Lady Gaga in my car. It's not my iPod, just the radio..." He trailed off and put the car in drive as we started our trek to Burger King.

The ride was one of the more pleasant ones. We talked about random topics including music, books and school in general. Before I knew it we were pulling back into the school parking lot. He parked his car, but didn't make a move to turn it off and get out. We sat there in silence until he broke it.

"Charlie, I have something to confess to you." I glanced up at him and he was staring at his hands. He started fidgeting with them and I could see him chewing his tongue.

"What is it?" Seeing him this nervous was starting to make me nervous. He kept glancing up at me and back down to his hands. I looked down at my own hands, seeing him so fidgety was making me fidget too.

I looked up when I felt a hand brush my cheek and place itself softly on my shoulder. His face was about two inches from my own and his eyes, my god his eyes were the most spectacular green I had ever seen. I was so lost that I didn't notice him leaning closer until his lips were pressed against mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is the first realistic story I've written that is not a fan-flic. So comment and tell me what you think [: