Status: Active

Love Until It Hurts

Chapter Three.

I tapped my foot impatiently as I mindlessly watched the channel four news. I couldn't even focus on the broadcaster that talked about sudden disappearing going on in Seattle or the random deaths. I didn't even realize that Emily had spoke to me until I felt a soft pat on the shoulder. I jumped slightly before turning around and looking up at her.

"Would you like some tea?" She had concern staining her voice and her look was skeptical as I declined her offer. "Are you sure?" I just nodded as I watched her kettle start to blow white steam and she turned around to turn off her stove. "You know, nothing you do will make him get here quicker." Emily laughed.

I sighed and stood up after turning off her television. I walked over to the small table that was piled with food and rested my hands on top of one of the chairs. i stood there for a second, watching Emily make her tea and slowly stirring in the sugar and honey, and then looked around the rest of the small downstairs.

Emily and Sam's house was cozy, it gave everyone a sense of safety. It was were I spent most of my time, waiting for Jacob of course, and it was practically like my second home and Emily was the perfect Mother figure. Always offering me food, making sure I was okay, and just being there for when I needed to talk. As i still look around her home, loud voices came from outside and were getting closer. Both of our heads snapped to the left and waited for the door to open.

Quil, Paul, Jared and Sam entered and my heart sank as Emily walked into Sam's arms. I sighed and moved out of the way for the boys to sit and eat.

"Ah, we can always count on a feast with Emily around." Jared grinned happily as he began to shovel food onto a plate that waited at each chair. They all agreed with muffled 'Mhms' as they already were shoving their faces. I shook my head with a faint smile and Quil offered me a chicken leg.

"No thanks." I declined politely before Jared shook his head at me and swallowed his food before talking, which was a first for him.

"I feel so insulted that you're a vegetarian. It's killing me slowly." He told me dramatically, placing his left hand over his heart, which was still holding a chicken wing, and then began eating again.

"I'm sorry Jar, I'm sure you'll learn to live with it though." It was a conversation we've had about two hundred times, and I'm sure we'd have it two hundred more. He usually would tell me that I belonged with the vampires as being a vegetarian was one of their jokes, and after that Jacob would usually threaten his life and everyone would laugh, but today it wouldn't end like that, because Jake was still no where to be seen. Before I could ask Quil answered.

"He's coming, he wanted to shower first or something." i nodded and sighed before everything was quiet, the only thing to be heard was the sound of them chewing or Emily and Sam talking quietly to each other. After another minute, that felt like forever, I looked back at the door and grinned as Jake leaned against the frame.

His hair looked damp and his body was covered in a Grey tank top and jean shorts. His arms looked even more muscular as they were crossed over his chest and his small smirk was playing on his lips. Jacob nodded his head to the right, suggesting we get out of there, and I immediately agreed by walking over to him.

"Use protection!" Jared yelled after us causing a roar of laughter from the house that we could still hear as we began walking away from the house.

He linked our hands and I rested my head on his shoulder as we walked down the street. After a minute of silence I picked my head back up and asked what I've been dying to know.

"How as your meeting thing?" He looked over at me and eyed me.

"You mean, what was it about?" I rolled my eyes, smiling, and forgetting how much he knows me. I nodded at his question, still needing to know why they needed him and for so long. "Um, you know, just some werewolf vampire stuff." I stopped walking, and as we noticed he stopped and stood in front of me.

"What happened?" I could tell by the restraint in his voice and worry in his eyes that something was up, something I wouldn't like. He looked down before looking back into my eyes.

"I love you, Katie."

"Jacob Black, tell me or I'm leaving." He tossed his back, mumbled something, and looked back at me.

"They're going to hunt for the weekend and they don't think Bella is safe at her house, they think the red haired one might be back." I gave him a look, urging him to continue. he let go of my hand and ran both of his hands through his hair, frustrated. "She has to stay at my house, it's the only way she's safe." After a minute of letting his words sink in, I turned around and started for my car, he quickly kept his pace.

"Katie, it's not like I volunteered! But it makes sense, ya know? Charlie is okay with her staying with us and Billy agrees. I'm sorry." i didn't say a word as I opened my drivers side door and looked at him.

"Jacob, I don't care. Have fun with Bella, maybe you'll actually get to spend a full day with her unlike some people you know." I ignored the hurt that stung his eyes and got in my car. After starting in, I rolled down my window. "And Jacob, don't follow me. Just leave me alone." He didn't say a word as I drove off and I tried my hardest to not look back at him through my review mirror.
♠ ♠ ♠
wow it's been way to long, guess i forgot how much i love Taylor lautner. hah anyway the more you comment/subscribe ill try my hardest to update constantly. and if someone could make me a horizontal banner for the top I would love you!