Status: Active

Love Until It Hurts

Chapter Four.

By Friday, a day and a half later, I still hadn't talked to or have seen Jacob. I didn't think I was going to all weekend either. As I sat in my friends '99 Honda Civic i let her rant and rave about her life as she drove me home.

Since I didn't see my friends outside of rides to and from school and lunch, whenever we were together they felt it necessary to tell me every single detail of there life, which I didn't mind because it kept them from asking to many questions about Jake.

"So then Mitch said, 'well I don't have time for it.' So I said, 'if you don't have time for it you don't have time for me.'" As we drove up to my house I kept my eyes focused on the small red car at Bella's house. My jaw clenched and I grabbed the doors handle as she came to a stop.

"I hope you guys fix everything. Thanks for the ride." I told Rachel as I wasn't paying much attention to how the story ended. She thanked and welcomed me before driving off, leaving a very angry me standing and glaring in my driveway. My anger didn't go down as I heard laughter as their door opened.

My eyes didn't go straight to Jacob though, they went to Bella. I hated everything about her now, her stupid hair her stupid flannels, her stupid face. If I had been a werewolf, nothing would have stopped me from changing and attacking her. I didn't care if this was her fault or not, she was not on my good side.

"Don't worry Charlie, she'll have plenty of company on the reserve." My eyes narrowed as Bella, her father, and Jacob all stood on their front stoop. After their door shut behind them, Jacobs head snapped over in my direction and stared as they continued talking.

"I'll be right back." I faintly heard him tell them as they watched him walk over to me.

"Hey." Was the first thing he said as we was a foot away. I didn't say anything but stared at him and watched as he shoved his hands in the front of his shorts pockets and sighed.

I tried not to oggle him, tried not to fall right into his big brown eyes or his tan skin. I wanted to stay upset, I wanted to show him for once not everything was easily fixed.

"I hope this counts as leaving you alone, I've been waiting for your call."

Sometimes, Jacob was just too obedient.

"I didn't really mean it Jake, you know that. I was cold try to sleep alone." My voice came out soft and sad as I spoke, surprising both of us. I looked down at my feet as my left foot kicked the gravel beneath me slightly.

"You sounded really serious and I thought you wanted space." It was quiet for a minute as neither of us really knew what to say. I looked over Jacobs shoulder to see Bella saying goodbye to her Dad and going to sit in Jake's car.

"Where is she sleeping?" The question that kept me awake the past two nights finally came out as I brought my eyes back to Jake, who was looking down at me.

"I don't know yet. We haven't really thought that far yet." I closed the gap between us to stand closer to him. My arms were still folded across my chest and his were still deep in his pocket.

"Well I'm sleeping in your bed tonight, so don't make any plans." As much as I wanted, needed, for this to sound like a I'm-tell-you-right-now statement, it still came out as more of a question and I felt like I sounded like a needy little girl.

Jake let out a small soft chuckle as he nudge me with his shoulder. "Of course, are you riding up with us?" I shook my head at that nightmare come true and shrugged.

"I just want to shower or something first, I'll be up there in a while, any plans for tonight?" He told me just a bonfire at the beach and I nodded my head before he bent his head down for me.

"I'll see you shortly, love" Our kiss was turned into a real short simple one as a loud car horn interrupted us. We both looked behind him to see Bella honking the horn and waving at him. he sent me an apologetic look before turning and jogging towards his car.

I began walking inside my house as they drove off and couldn't help but think how awful this weekend would be.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just feel generous today (; anyway, three comments and I'll update again!