We Come Out At Night 3

Chapter 13

----------------
Shadows
----------------

When I got back to my office, I saw another white envelope on my desk. I walked over and picked it up knowing already whom it was from. Inside was another hand written note.

Shadows,

6 days.

Tick – Tock

Montes.


I sat down behind my desk and called for The Rev to come to my office. When he got there, he sat down in front of me and I knew he was going to hate the request I had for him, but he would have to get over it quick because I wasn’t asking him, I was telling him.

“I need you to keep a eye on Izzy at all times. You need to know where she is every minute of the day for the next 6 days.”

His face contorted into a mixture of annoyed and frustrated. “Why do I have to baby sit Izzy? That girl is nothing but trouble.”

I slammed my fist down on the desk, but he seemed un-moved by my anger. “Because I fucking said so. Let me remind you that your fight with her caused me more fucking problems then I ever should have had with her and I defended you!!”

He rolled his eyes and turned his head to the side looking everywhere else, but at me.
“Go tell Christ I want to see him.” And with that he got up and left pissed off and I really don’t care.

It was minutes later when Christ was sitting in front of me. This was an easy one; he never gave me a problem. “I want you to keep an eye on the mansion and let me know if you see anything strange.”

“Ok.” he nodded. “Anything else?”

“Yeah. Gates isn’t trying out the new girls anymore, so you’ll have to take over that job too. You got a problem with that?”

He looked stunned. “Uh, um, no.” He shook his head and it was almost as if he was unsure of what I said to him. Poor guy would probably trip over his own dick as soon as he met the first girl.

When he left, I couldn’t help but laugh at the way he looked. I need to find that boy a steady girl. If anyone would give of himself whole-heartedly, it was Johnny.


--------------
Vengeance
--------------

I had just hung up with Shadows and walked out of the kitchen to find Marisol sitting on the couch in the living room watching television. She eyed me curiously as I put my phone in my pocket and sat down in a chair.

“You’re in a bad mood today.” She said softly.

“Ya think?” I snapped at her.

“Why?”

I shifted in my chair and hinted at her that I was obviously annoyed. “Well, let’s see. I went to bed last night and found an intruder lying there in my bed who scared the living hell out of me. Then this morning, I wake up to a gun being fired off in my bed by said intruder. So excuse me if I am a little ticked off!” I snapped at her and she jumped back a little bit and brought her knees up to her chest on the couch where she sat.
Her head lowered and her chin rested on her knees while she tried to focus her eyes on the television. Clearly this girl was afraid of her own shadow.

“Do you think that because I’m angry that I am going to hurt you?”

She shrugged her shoulders. “I don’t know.”

My eyes stayed on her for a little while as she continued to stare at the television. I wanted her to fall in love with me. That was the plan, not for her to fear me and pull away having me lose every ounce of progress I had made with her.

I got up off the chair and walked over to the couch. After sitting down on the opposite end of her, I turned my head to face her. “Not every guy hits when he’s mad.”

She lifted her chin from her knees and looked at me. “You don’t touch my gun or wake me up before 9am and I won’t get mad. Ok?”

“Ok.” She looked back at the television for a minute and then looked back at me again. “Why did you seem so upset after you kissed me yesterday?”

I sighed and looked down at my lap trying to think of a good lie. I didn’t want to pour my heart out to her about Sammy. “I shouldn’t have done it. You were vulnerable and I took advantage of it, not to mention the fact that I took away your chance for fireworks.”

She didn’t say anything. She just went back to watching television. As I watched her she never looked more disappointed. I really don’t know what she was expecting me to say.
“I’m going to go take a shower. Maybe afterwards we can watch a game like we were supposed to yesterday.”

“Ok.” She nodded and this time there was a little smile on her face. Not a big toothy grin, but a smile just the same. I left her there watching television and went upstairs to my room to take a shower.

For 20 minutes I stayed under the hot water and let it practically scald my skin. When I got out of the shower, I felt like I had washed away all the drama of yesterday and was ready to start over new today. When I walked into my room with a towel around my waist, I closed my eyes and cursed myself immediately realizing that I forgot to shave. I had managed to grow a slight shadow along my face from the top of my jaw line down to my chin and it was starting to get a little scruffy. I was going to walk back into the bathroom and shave it off, but I stopped when I heard a light knock on the door. I saw Marisol standing on the other side when I opened the door.

“Stars.” She said looking up at me and I had no idea what she was talking about.

“Sorry, what?”

“Stars.” She said again. “When you kissed me. I didn’t see fireworks, I saw stars.”

Oh. I so hadn’t expected her to say that, but I couldn’t take my eyes off her lips. Without any further hesitation, I pulled her closer to me and kissed her. When she parted her lips for me I pulled her inside the room never breaking the kiss and shoved her up against the door after it closed. I bit down on her bottom lip just before pulling away from her. “I’m not going to stop.” I forewarned her and she just looked up at me wide eyed and trusting. Her eyes followed my hands as they reached for the t-shirt she was wearing and pulled it up over her head.

Mari put her arms around my neck when I brought my lips back down to hers and I walked backwards with her until the back of my legs hit the bed. “I mean it.” I whispered against her lips. “I’m not going to stop.” I warned her again, but she just looked at me with heavy lidded, lust filled eyes as I pushed her down on the bed. I smirked knowing full well what was going to happen and I don’t know what turned me on more, the fact that she was a virgin or the fact that she was Marco’s daughter.

When I got on the bed, I leaned over her and kissed her a little more roughly, but she didn’t seem to car, she went with it. For someone who had never been kissed before, she sure picked it up quickly. I broke the kiss finally and lowered my head to her bra moving a lace cup down with my teeth. She gasped when I took her nipple into my mouth. I moved the other cup down with my teeth and did the same thing to the other one all the while sliding my hands under the waistband of her sweats and between her legs.

“Vengeance.” She groaned my name as her breath started to quicken as I moved to fingers inside her. When I brought my lips back to hers she reached up and ran her hands through my hair. She whimpered softly against my lips when I removed my hand from her pants, but I didn’t keep her waiting for long.

As quick as I could, I removed her pants and my towel and moved myself between her legs. If it wasn’t her first time, I would have plunged myself right into her, but somehow I managed to control myself and slowly guided myself into her. It was torture for me to go this slow, but I’d finally reached that point inside her where I knew it was going to hurt her if I went any further. “Kiss Me.” I whispered and she slipped her tongue past my lips. It was the only thing I could think of to distract her from what I was about to do. As she kissed me, I shifted myself and with one quick thrust had broken the dam that prevented me from going any further. She bit down on my bottom lip at the pain, but now that I was fully inside her, the pain would be the last thing on her mind.

I slowly grinded myself into her amid her moans that told me she was no longer in pain. It was hard to hold back and when I couldn’t anymore, I picked up my pace and started moving inside of her faster and harder. Her hands moved over my back down to my hips as she moved her hips up making it easier for me to go deeper inside her.

I knew she was about to climax because she arched her back called out my name again.
“Don’t stop.” She begged, but I couldn’t hold back anymore, I felt my own orgasm take over and covered her lips with mine while I rode it out against her.

“Jesus Christ” was the first thing that came out of my mouth when it was over. I looked down at her as our sweaty bodies were still intertwined and kissed her one last time before moving off her and taking her with me as I rolled onto my back.

We stayed quiet for a little while, but when our breathing finally returned to normal she lifted her head off my chest and looked up at me. “What?” I smiled and moved a hair out of her eyes.

“I’m hungry.”

I laughed and put my hand behind her head and pushed her head down so I could kiss her again. “Mari, you’re always hungry.”

“Don’t make me get the gun.” She teased making my stomach rumble with laughter.


------------
Shadows
------------

I spent the rest of the day setting up extra security with Gates. I tried as hard as I could to keep my mind off of Izzy, but to no avail nearly every thought I had revolved around her in one way or another. Although Marco’s threat was important, all I could think about was coming up with a way to get her back. I needed to come up with a way to prove to her that I really did love her.

“Why don’t you just go find her and talk to her?” Gates said snapping me out of my thoughts.

“I already tried that, she wouldn’t listen to me.”

He laughed at me and it annoyed me to a certain extent. “That is because you are both two peas in a pod. You’re both stubborn, hard headed and neither one willing to give in to the other. Yep, you two were made for each other.”

I glared at him not really wanting to hear his view on my relationship status. Izzy was singing tonight and this time I wasn’t going to stay away. I didn’t care if it made her uncomfortable. I was going to watch.

I got up from my desk and left Gates there to finish looking over the security schedule. When I walked out the door and headed down the hall to the auditorium, I saw Kristina coming in the other direction. Just before she passed me, she looked me right in the eyes and licked her lips. You have got to be fucking kidding me.