We Come Out At Night 3

Chapter 12

----------------------
Vengeance
---------------------

As I felt myself coming out of my sleep, I had the sudden inkling that I was being watched. I slowly opened one eye and caught sight of Marisol laying there looking at me.
What?” I muttered. Obviously, I am not a morning person. I closed my eye and still could feel her looking at me.

“It’s morning.”

“So.” I grumbled.

She sighed and the bed shifted when she turned onto her back. “So, I’m hungry and I have to pee and you are in my way.”

“Hmmm so, that’s what you get for sleeping in my bed without being invited.”

She shoved me and I guess she thought she was strong enough to push me off the bed, but no. I stayed there unmoved. “Get out of my way!” she whined and even with my eyes closed I could picture her sitting there pouting with her arms folded.

“No. I’m tired.” I replied and took my pillow and put it over my head.

She leaned over me and for a second I had no idea what she was doing. Then it clicked and I removed the pillow from my face just in time to see her sit back with my gun in her hand. “What are you doing?”

“I said I have to pee.” She was pointing the gun right at me.

I rolled my eyes and put the pillow back over my head. She wouldn’t shoot me, if she did, Shadows would kill her in a heartbeat. A few seconds later I found myself sitting up ram rod straight at the sound of the gun going off. I turned my head sideways to look at Marisol who was sitting there with a “Did I do that?” look on her face.

I then turned my head in the direction that the gun was pointing and noticed a hole in one of my guitars that hung on the wall. After taking in the damage I turned my head back to her and she was still sitting there with that same stupid look on her face.

I snatched the gun from her hand and swung my legs over the side of the bed. “Go!” I snapped and she moved past me off the bed and ran into the bathroom. I just sat there shaking my head. Nothing like a bullet alarm clock to get you up and out of bed in the morning.

When she came out of the bathroom I looked at her and she seemed a little nervous. “I didn’t think it would actually work.” I shrugged.

“Do you really think I walk around with a broken gun?”

She sat down in the beanbag chair and I stood up from my bed and pulled on my jeans. I picked up the gun and held it up for her to see. “You…No…Touch!” I said before tucking it in the waistband of my pants. After rubbing my eyes I walked over to the door and held it open. “Come on. I’d hate to see what you’d do if I don’t give you breakfast” When she got up, I could see she was trying not to laugh.


------------------
Gates
------------------

I was sitting at the kitchen counter having coffee when Kristina finally woke up and decided to join me.

“Hey, sleepy head.” I smiled.

“Hi.” She grumbled.

I grabbed her around the waist and pulled her over to me. She yawned when I rested my chin on her shoulder. “Still tired?”

“Yes.”

“Is that why you’re so crabby today?”

She shook her head and seemed to be annoyed with me. “No. It isn’t”

“Ok.” I lifted her up and set her down on the counter in front of me. “Spill it.”

She folded her arms across her chest and tried to make her face as serious as possible. So much so I had to pick up my coffee cup and put it up to my mouth to hide the grin that was starting to form. “I want you to quit.”

“Whoa!” I set the cup down on the counter and braced an arm on each side of her. “What?”

“I don’t want you to work here any more.” Ok, obviously this had something to do with the conversation she had with Shadows yesterday. He warned me.

“Why not?” I moved my hands from the counter and set placed them on her waist.

“Because, I don’t want you sleeping with every new girl that gets hired to work in the brothel!”

So that’s it, she was jealous. I leaned into her and kissed her lips. When I pulled back, she was looking at me and waiting for my answer. “Ok.”

“Ok?” She looked at me confused. “Just like that?”

I nodded and kissed her again. “Just like that.” The way she was looking at me was like she didn’t believe me. Or she didn’t believe I would give up the brothel for her.
I guess she had expected a fight and for me to protest, but no such luck. Instead I moved my lips to her neck and lightly caused a distraction with my lips.

“What are you doing?” She whispered clearly turned on by the way I was kissing her.

“Want me to draw you a picture?” I asked as I hooked my arms under her legs and lifted her up off the counter. “I think you should thank your boss for giving you the day off.” I teased and carried her back to the bedroom. She wouldn’t be grumpy anymore after I was done with her.


------------------
Shadows
------------------

It was still early and I hated getting up, but I the headache that came with the hangover I had, wouldn’t let me sleep in. I walked down to the café to get a cup of coffee and Izzy was sitting there alone reading the newspaper. I fixed my coffee and stood there gazing at her for a while. My mind was reeling back and forth between what happened last night with Kristina and wanting to go over and beg Izzy to forgive me. I had a feeling in the pit of my stomach that today was going to be one hell of a cluster fuck.

“Mind if I join you?” I asked Izzy and she looked up at me and shrugged.

“ It’s your casino, you can do what ever you want.”

I let out a huff and sat down, obviously this wasn’t going to get any easier any time soon. “Izzy, I’m sorry. I miss you.”

She turned the page of the paper and never looked up at me. “You say that now, but a week from now, you’ll be pushing me away again.”

She was right, I probably would be. I never said I was going to make this easy. “Why can’t you understand why it’s so hard for me to trust again?”

“Why can’t you trust me until I give you a reason not to?” She snapped back at me looking up from her newspaper.

I sighed again and reached for her hand, but she pulled it away. “Izzy, I love you and that’s hard for me to say, but it’s true.”

She shook her head and closed her newspaper before looking back up at me. “When you truly love someone, it should be the easiest thing in the world to say, Matt.”

Izzy got up and walked away leaving me to sit there alone. I pushed away the one person that really loved me because I was too afraid of loving her back. Way to go Shadows.