We Come Out At Night 3

Chapter 19

-----------------
Gates
-----------------

The Rev, Shadows and I walked into the penthouse and found Christ sitting on the couch in the living room. Christ nodded towards the guest room where Shadows had told him to put London indicating that she was in there.

The three of us left Christ on the couch and walked towards the room. When we got inside we found London on the bed with one wrist handcuffed to the headboard. Her face was swollen and bruised from where The Rev punched her and Shadows had slapped her.

Shadows walked over to the bed and London tried to move back. I don’t know why they always do that when there is nowhere for them to go. He sat down on the edge of the bed and gave her a warning glance while The Rev and I just stood there waiting for his interrogation to start.

“Why?” Shadows spat at her and when she didn’t answer fast enough for him, he grabbed her by her free arm and nearly yanked it out of the socket.

“You’re hurting me.” She cried.

“That’s nothing compared to what I’ll do if you don’t start talking.” He said and shoved her back against the headboard.

“I didn’t have a choice!” She cried.

“What the fuck do you mean you didn’t have a choice?” He spoke through gritted teeth clearly on the verge of snapping.

She managed to calm herself down enough to speak clearly, but her body was trembling with fear. “Look, I came out here because my mom is sick. We have no insurance and we don’t have a whole lot of money either.”

“And that has fuckin what to do with this?” He folded his arms and stared hard into her eyes.

“There is a surgery that can possibly save her, but it’s expensive. So, I came out here to ask my father for the money. I’d never met him and I didn’t know his history, I only knew that my mother didn’t want me around him growing up. When I finally did find him, he told me he would pay for the surgery, but I would have to earn the money.”

I don’t know whose mouth was hanging open the lowest. Mine, The Rev or Shadows. “You’re his fucking kid?” The Rev asked.

“Yes.” She nodded.

“That doesn’t explain the tattoo.” I noted and she looked up at me.

“He said I had to get it if I wanted the money. He said something about it being the one thing that would put the icing on the cake. I was only supposed to be here for a little while. The whole thing with Izzy didn’t come into play until after I was here for a few weeks.”

“What?” Shadows raised his eyebrow at her. If she wasn’t here as part of the plan to get Izzy, then what the fuck was she here for? What did Marco have up his sleeve?

“My father…well, Marco told me that in order for me to get the money, I would have to get you to hire me and get one of you to fall in love with me. He said it wouldn’t be the first time he’d played with your hearts and since you stole Izzy from him, he no longer had a heart and intended to make sure that none of you ever loved again.”

“SO YOU PICKED ME?” The Rev shouted.

She nodded and lowered her eyes. “You were the easiest. Gates and Shadows all ready had girls although I was promised a huge bonus if I got Shadows above anyone else. Vengeance was never around and Christ well, he’s short.”

The Rev was seething with rage and so was Shadows. I managed to remain level headed, but I did have one question for London and I’m sure her answer would be the deciding factor in whether or not she lives or dies. “The night Marco came to the bar and shot Vengeance, Kristina, Izzy and Sammy. You were working. How did he know everyone was in the bar and that Shadows and I wouldn’t be there?”

She looked up at me and started to sob. There was my answer. “You fucking told him didn’t you?” I asked her and she nodded in response.

“I didn’t know he was going to shoot anyone. I swear.” She pleaded for mercy, but she wasn’t going to get any.

“HE KILLED SAMMY BECAUSE OF YOU!” The Rev shouted. Shadows got up and walked over to The Rev and grabbed his arm.

“I know you are pissed, but calm down and I’ll let you be the one to have the revenge this time.”

London looked like she was about to pass out when Shadows turned around and glared at her. “How did it happen? How did Marco manage to get Izzy out of the casino?”

She looked up at him and started to tremble again. “I asked her if she wanted to go see a movie. She said yes and I told her that I would be in my car in the parking lot at 8pm. She said she would see me there. Marco had two guys waiting for her in the car next to mine.”

“8pm? I was in the bar at 7:30; you kept me there on purpose didn’t you?” The Rev asked and she just nodded in response. He must have felt like the biggest chump.

Shadows turned his attention to me. “Gates come with me.” He then turned back to The Rev and said “Have fun.” The two of us left the room and left The Rev to do as he please with London.

“What now?” I asked Shadows as we walked back into the living room.

“Now we go beat that motherfucker at his own game and get Izzy back.”