We Come Out At Night 3

Chapter 23

-----------------
Shadows
-----------------

Kristina had slept the afternoon away. I figured she would as exhausted as she was. I’d even managed to convince her to spend the night. Today, I would convince her that it was in her best interest to become a resident of the penthouse and not just a guest. I wanted Gates to get mad; I needed him to be as angry as he possibly could.

This morning I set the plan in motion and decided it would be best to keep him out of the loop. The less he knew about my intentions for Kristina, the less he would protest and the more it would seem real. The more real it seemed, the more he would realize what he was losing and want her more than he ever did. I just hope she comes out alive.

All these thoughts were running through my head all night as I watched Izzy sleep. Now, we sit in the kitchen having breakfast. I really tried to get her to eat as much as she could. I knew she wasn’t going to eat much, and I even had room service send up fruit salad with no pineapple, hoping that she would remember that we used to eat it for breakfast when we first met. I can’t put it in words how much I love her. I can only hope she understands that everything I am about to do is for her. I tried to kiss her cheek, but she shied away and looked at me apologetically.

“It’s ok. I understand.” I gave her a patient smile and she looked as if she was about to cry again. “Izzy, please talk to me.”

“I don’t know what to say.”

“Tell me what happened.” I begged.

She looked at me with big blue glistening eyes and a weak smile. “No." She shook her head. Can’t I just tell you I love you? I don’t want to talk about it and make you mad.” I knew she was nervous and worried about how I was going to handle the situation. I only wanted to protect her and she knows I have a short fuse, I think that’s why she was afraid to tell me. Looks like I was going to have to resort to making Jimmy tell me.

“I love you too and I won’t get mad, but it’s ok if you don’t want to talk about it.”

“I’m sorry, I made you mad.”

I didn’t know what she was talking about. She hadn’t been home long enough to make me mad and nothing she could do now would make me mad anyways. “I’m not mad at you, sweetheart.”

“You were before this happened.” I know she didn’t mean it the way I took it, but I could feel the tears welling up in my own eyes. I didn’t want her to blame me to my face for this. It was bad enough it actually was my fault.

“I was a jerk before this happened.” I’m a motherfucker now. I pulled her over to me and hugged her. She held on to me as she had done every time I hugged her since she’d been home. She seemed so needy all of a sudden.

I squeezed her tight before pulling back from her. “I need to go see if Kristina is awake. Will you be ok by yourself for a few minutes?” She nodded and smiled at me. When she smiled I saw a little glint in her eyes. Last night after The Rev left, I sat awake in the dark with her telling her how I planned to make everything better. I told her all about my idea and to my surprise, she was excited about it. I guess she’d be the only one. Maybe she was just as sick and twisted as I was.

I knocked, but Kristina didn’t answer. When I walked inside she was still sleeping. So, I closed the door behind me and walked over to the bed and sat down on the edge. She looked so peaceful, oh well.

“Kristina.” I rested my hand on her stomach and gave her a light shake.

“mmmm. Go away.” She whined groggily and tried to turn on her side, but I held my hand on her stomach and made her stay on her back.

“You have to wake up baby doll.” She opened her eyes and pouted. “You have to work in an hour.”

“Hooray” She said sarcastically and rolled her eyes at me. I knew she was still upset about Gates, she just wouldn’t admit she missed him.

“There’s breakfast waiting for you in the kitchen.” I leaned forward with my hand still on her stomach and kissed her. I’m sure she didn’t expect me to slip my tongue in her mouth, but she didn’t stop me, she went with it. When I pulled away from her lips I whispered “I’ll see you later” and got up from the bed and walked away.

I wanted to spend the afternoon with Izzy, but I had to see The Rev first. Vengeance had agreed to come by with Marisol as a little surprise for Izzy and stay with her until I got back from seeing The Rev.

When I walked back into the kitchen, Izzy was at the sink cleaning up the dishes from breakfast.

“I’m going to take a shower and get dressed. Vengeance should be here in a couple of hours.”

“Ok.” She nodded and before walking away I kissed her head.

--------------
The Rev
--------------

When Shadows got to the mansion he walked into the living room where I sat impatiently waiting for him.
“I guess that’s it?” I asked pointing to the black dress bag he was holding.

“Yep.” He grinned sarcastically and hung the bag from its hanger above the doorframe. “Lets have a wedding, have a wedding.” He teased and I laughed right along with him.

“You say I’m a sick bastard?” I said and he looked at me with that same sarcastic grin.

“Well, we are partners! Anyhow, there is another reason why I’m here.” I threw my arms across the back of the couch and gave him a knowing glance. I knew he was going to ask, I just don’t think he’s prepared for what I have to tell him.

“I need to know what happened when you got to The Maker’s Marc.” He said as he sat down on the chair across the room.

I nodded and looked him in the eyes. “It’s not pretty and Izzy honestly asked me not to tell you.”

“I need to know.”

“Ok.” I sat there silently for a minute before looking back at him. “When I got there, I found her in a private suite.”

“His brothel?”

I didn’t want to answer that question because I knew he would be upset. “His brothel.” I nodded. “When I found her, she was in a room chained to some kind of torture device. She wasn’t alone. There were two men in the room with her and each one had already used her.”

Shadows looked ill all of a sudden. “She was there for days.” His voice was pain filled.

I looked back at him sympathetically and nodded. “She was in the brothel the whole time.” His hand covered his mouth and he looked at me not knowing what to say.
“Izzy was screaming when I walked in. One of the men was holding a leather whip and he was just about to use it on her. It didn’t take much to get rid of them, but when I was able to get Izzy off that device, she clawed at me like she was fighting for her life. I had to slap her to get her to calm down. After grabbing what ever clothes I could find for her, I helped her get dressed and she held on to me and wouldn’t let go.”

Shadows looked as if he was ready to rip someone apart with his bare hands. “I should get back to Izzy” He said in a voice barely above a whisper. He got up and walked out of the mansion without another word. I knew it was going to be hard for him to take.

For now, I had something else to deal with. After getting up off the couch, I grabbed the dress bag off the doorframe and headed down to the basement.

“Snookums! I’m back! Did ya miss me?”

For some reason, London didn’t find the humor in my greeting. She looked at me from the cot and it was easy to see, I had finally broken her.

I hung the dress bag from the doorframe and unzipped it. “It’s show and tell time sugar plum!”

“What’s that?” She asked barely able to lift her head.

“Awe come on, don’t play coy with me. It’s your wedding dress! Now, what do you say, we try it on you and make sure it fits? We can’t have you dance with your daddy in a dress that’s ill fitting now can we? You are a Montes after all. Nothing, but the best for lil miss Montes!”

She looked at me with sheer horror plastered all over her face. Again, nothing could have made me happier than to see her wracked with fear. Shadows was a fucking genius.

I grabbed London by the arm and yanked her off the cot. She could barely stand up and I was having way more fun with this than I should have been. “So, I see we’re going to have to do this the hard way!” I laughed somewhat sinister and she started to cry.

-----------------
Gates
-----------------

Kristina didn’t seem as tired when she came to work today. She brought her own coffee again and honestly, I missed her going into the kitchen and making a pot before going into the office. I missed her all together.

“Hey.” I said after walking in through the office door. “So, I need you to put together the security schedule for this week.” Not really what I wanted to say, but I wasn’t sure how she would react, she hates me now.

“Ok.” she nodded and kept her gaze on the computer screen.

“Kristina?” When I said her name she turned her face up and looked at me. I wanted to scream I love you, but what came out instead was “just leave the schedule on my desk when you’re done.”

“I will.” She nodded and turned her gaze back to the computer. It was obvious to me now that I had lost her.

I walked out of the office and sat on the couch to read over some proposals for new security companies that Shadows wanted to consider. He still wasn’t sure that our security was tight enough after the last incident with the head guard. I wasn’t expecting him to walk through the door, but he did.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“Just came to bring Kristina some fruit. She didn’t eat much this morning.”

My gaze followed him as he walked through the office door. Kristina gave him a hint of a smile. It pissed me off that she smiled at him and not me and it pissed me off more that he seemed to be spoiling her all of a sudden. I don’t know what he was up to, but I don’t like it one bit.