We Come Out At Night 3

Chapter 26

----------------
Narrator
----------------

The auditorium of the casino had been decked out in full wedding armor. Shadows had spared no expense to make sure that this wedding had all the bells and whistles.

The night before, Izzy and Kristina went shopping for their attire and when they returned Shadows had spoken privately with Kristina to ensure that she was willing to do whatever was asked of her. Considering she was no longer employed, the obvious answer was yes.
Little did she know, what he had planned for her was nothing related to her job at the casino, but something a little more “personal.”

Gates sat quietly alone decked out in a tux at the request of Shadows. Yet, he still had no clue what was going to happen other than the fact that The Rev was getting married.
Vengeance and Marisol will be best man and maid of honor. It was only fitting since the bride was Marisol’s half sister. Granted, this would be the first time that they’d actually met.

Shadows stood by the door waiting for the guest of honor while Izzy sat with Kristina. Christ was outside awaiting the arrival of the brides father. He hadn’t asked Chelsea to be his date for the wedding in an effort to not subject her to the craziness that would surely ensue on this day. The longer they all waited for Marco the longer they all seemed to get agitated.

There were several times when Gates caught himself staring at Kristina and each time she looked back he looked away. He hadn’t slept and was pretty grouchy most of the day. All the pent up frustration coupled with the fight he had with Kristina had him on edge.

When Johnny finally came back inside he told Shadows that Marco had finally arrived.

“Go get Kristina and tell her I want to see her.” Johnny nodded and went to tell Kristina what Shadows had said.

No sooner did Johnny walk away, did Marco walk through the door.

“Where is she?” He said stone faced as he looked at Shadows.

“Where is who?” Shadows knew damn well who Marco was looking for, but he was baiting him.

“My daughter, you moron.”

“ahhh your daughter. Well, here’s the thing.” Shadows leaned against the frame of the door. “She’s getting married today and we know how much it means for a girl to have her daddy at her wedding so we thought it only be fitting that you attend.”

“You fucking bastard. Marisol’s marriage is already arranged.”

Matt pulled a cigar out of his pocket and handed it to Marco just as Kristina approached.
“It’s show time, old buddy. Sit down, have a cigar and enjoy the show.” He put his arm around Kristina’s waist as she stood beside him. “I even took the liberty of getting you a date. I’m sure it can be awkward to show up to a wedding alone.”

Kristina was mortified. This was the one thing she hadn’t expected. “Kristina, why don’t you take the proud papa to his seat and show him a good time.”

She shook her head no and he leaned in to her ear so that only she could hear him. “Do not fuck this up for me. Now take him to his seat and make it look like you are enjoying his company. You don’t want to see me pissed off.” He shot her a warning glance just as Marco grabbed her arm and went to sit with her.

When Gates caught sight of Kristina walking through the auditorium with Marco, his face twisted, more for the fact that she actually had a smile on her face. Shadows was grinning from ear to ear as he walked over and sat beside Izzy. Now that everyone was seated, the ceremony could begin.

The music started and the preacher appeared on the stage front and center. As Mari was walked out with Vengeance, Shadows noticed Marco start to twitch. His hand was rested on Kristina’s knee and she looked like she was going to vomit.

As Zacky and Mari took their rightful places, The Rev dragged London down the makeshift isle right up to the stage. Her wrist was handcuffed to his. Everyone sat there and watched the short ceremony. London had to be forced to say “I do” with tears rolling down her cheeks while The Rev opted for “Hell Yeah” as his response.

No sooner did the preacher tell The Rev he could kiss his bride…….

“GET YOUR FUCKING HANDS OFF ME!” Everyone turned to see Kristina standing up after shouting at Marco. “Shadows, I don’t give a fuck if this pisses you off, I’m not going to sit here with this son of a bitch any longer.”

Shadows was grinning from ear to ear. It was just the reaction he was hoping for. “Yes, you are!” Marco said grabbing her around the waist and pulling her down on his lap.

“Let me go!” She shouted and neither Shadows, nor Christ or Vengeance made a move to help her. The Rev still had his mouth slobbering all over London’s face to even notice.

It was Gates who stood full of rage, with hands already clenched into fists while Shadows sat there smirking. Unfortunately for Shadows, his big plan for Gates and Kristina was about to fail. London had pushed The Rev with such a force forgetting that she had been handcuffed to him. When he fell back, she jerked forward and the two of them went crashing into the wall on the side of the stage. The Rev’s back, hit the light switch sending the entire room into complete darkness…

It took nearly a full minute for The Rev’s hands to find the switch again, but when he did, he flipped the lights back on. Kristina was getting up off the floor where Marco had dropped her. Marco was gone and the sound that filled the auditorium was that of the roar of Shadows. To say he was angry would be an understatement.

“Oh God.” London cried.

“God aint going to save you now.” The Rev was dead serious as his eyes bore right into hers….
♠ ♠ ♠
So glad Jimmy won the award for best drummer.......but truth be told, we don't need an award to tell us that Jimmy is a God. :)