Status: Thanks for reading!

It Wasn't Meant To Turn Out Like This

Pillow Talk and Breakfast Conversations

Mayza and Brian lay in silence on their bed. Their legs entwined together beneath the sheet, and it would be difficult to pick out whose leg was whose, except, of course, for the extreme difference in length. Brian scooted his torso close to Mayza’s, leaning over to nuzzle his face into her neck. She rested her cheek against the top of his head, her fingertips tracing gentle lines back and forth up and down his side.

His lips smirked against her skin, and his hand rose out from underneath the sheet, tracing an invisible line from the indent at the base of Mayza’s throat all the way down the front of her bare chest, stopping to draw a sensual circle around her navel.

Mayza groaned, prompting Brian to pull away and look questioningly at her. It wasn’t the sort of groan he’d been expecting; it sounded pained, exasperated, and reluctant.

“Bri, baby, it doesn’t work that way,” Mayza whispered, her fingertips not stopping where they brushed against his side.

“Human girls can do it two times in a row,” Brian pouted. He poked his bottom lip out, widening his eyes innocently, something he never would be. Charming, sure. Sexy, definitely. But never, ever, in a million years, in a million eternities, innocent.

Mayza frowned, something Brian definitely wasn’t accustomed to seeing when he found himself in a bedroom with a woman, even a fairy one. She raised her eyebrows incredulously at him, her gaze holding his.

“Brian, I’m 4’11”,” Mayza said earnestly. “Your penis alone is nearly half as tall as I am. I am enduring great physical pain right now. I’ll be forced to waddle like a penguin tomorrow, just because of our excursion tonight.”

Brian responded with a self-assured grin. “You don’t seem to mind as you moan my name.”

“Okay, so it has its perks,” Mayza answered, unable to stop the smile from coming across her face. “But no more tonight.”

“In the morning?” Brian wheedled, pulling Mayza against his chest and pulling the sheet completely up and over the two of them. “Shower together?”

“No, babe, I’ve got work,” Mayza answered, gently shaking her head under Brian’s chin. “I need to be able to stand up. I’m off over a three-day weekend coming up, however. We won’t leave the bedroom.”

“Eh, can’t argue with that,” Brian replied. “This weekend, then.”

“I could just, you know, cut you off completely.”

“Straight to the jugular, sweetheart. They didn’t lie when they said fairies were vicious, merciless, and apparently, not so sex fiendish. But I’d like to see you try that. You’d be beside yourself within a week trying to get me to have sex with you.”

“Don’t be so sure.”

“Unless fairies can be asexual.”

“For all you know, they can be.”

“Hm,” Brian murmured, pondering the thought. “They could make cheap porn. One fairy, having sex with itself and enjoying it.”

“You’ve found yourself a new career path.”

“Maybe when I’m old. Old and perverted.”

“Like you aren’t perverted now?”

“Go to sleep, Mayza.”

Mayza chuckled, snuggling into Brian’s body and falling quickly asleep.

!!!!!

“I hate you,” Mayza growled seriously the next morning as Brian gently set her feet back on the slippery floor of the shower.

“Bet you weren’t thinking that ten seconds ago,” Brian chuckled, slowly releasing Mayza’s arms. Instantly, her right knee buckled, and she fell against Brian, forced to wrap her arms around his wet, slippery torso to keep from falling flat on her face. “Case in point.”

“That had nothing to do with the sex we just had,” Mayza grumbled against Brian’s flesh. “That knee’s been a little wobbly for a while now. It was a ticking time bomb, just waiting to give out.”

Brian just laughed. Mayza always had been a horrible liar, especially at short notice. She shoved herself away from him, glaring up at his handsome, water-streaked face.

“It’s not fucking funny,” she snarled, throwing the shower door open and shoving Brian out into the bathroom. “Now keep you and your sex drive out there, while I take an actual shower without your interruptions!” She slammed the shower door shut behind him hard enough to shake the glass inside it. Brian chuckled all the way out of the bathroom. Both of them knew Mayza really wasn’t angry.

Once Mayza finished in the shower, towel-dried her violet hair, and dressed, she headed downstairs. She walked slowly and cautiously down the stairs, keeping a tight grip on the banister as the insides of her thighs throbbed with each step.

“The price I pay,” Mayza muttered beneath her breath, giving up on walking and flying down the rest of the stairs using her wings. She would have to practice walking without waddling or wincing before heading to Tuna Town.

She sank down into the seat across from Brian, taking a piece of toast from a plate of toast he’d set on the table. She tore a piece off with her teeth, chewed and swallowed, before speaking.

“I should’ve known,” Mayza sighed. “I glanced into your mind last night and I just knew you weren’t going to listen to me.”

“Maybe you should stay out of my mind then.”

Mayza just chuckled darkly. “I can do far worse things, oh dear.”

“Like what?” Brian challenged, grinning at her across the table.

“Remember that one time you got a boner talking to those fans in the grocery store?” Mayza answered, raising an eyebrow.

Brian’s eyes widened. “That was you?”

Mayza nodded, grinning around the toast in her mouth as Brian glared fiercely at her. A couple of months ago, the two of them had been shopping for groceries. Mayza was standing a little further down the aisle than Brian. As they were wont to do, two fans popped up out of nowhere, asking for Brian’s autograph. Brian, as usual, was more than happy to oblige.

Mayza had been in a mischievous mood. She simply couldn’t help herself. Using a touch of fairy magic, she got Brian just a bit—maybe more than a bit—excited in a very routine and everyday situation. As she continued to wander aimlessly around the aisle, waiting for the fans to be done talking to Brian, she watched him out of the corner of her eye. And sure enough, after a bit, he began to shift uncomfortably. The fans let him be, and when Brian asked, rather grumpily, what Mayza was smiling about, she just shook her head.

“Those poor fans! I know they had to have been freaked out,” Brian exclaimed.

“Nah, I watched their reaction. They thought it was hilarious. Couldn’t wait to tell their friends they’d seen Synyster Gates aroused in the grocery store,” Mayza answered with a grin.

Brian turned a deep shade of red and refused to look Mayza in the eye for the rest of breakfast.
♠ ♠ ♠
WOO! You guys broke 100 comments for this story! You guys rock so much.

I heard Nightmare today. Made me really happy. CanNOT wait for the album!

Please comment!